Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[News] American mass shootings

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Make them insure themselves and their weapons.

Anyone then caught without gun insurance, confiscate their weapons and heavily fine them.
I would imagine the insurance companies would love a slice of that pot, and would insist on a very high premium. Eventually, they would not be able to afford to keep their lethal toys.

Well done on creating an even bigger black market that makes tracking guns even more difficult.

chickens

Intending to survive this time of asset strippers
NSC Patron
Oct 12, 2022
Like others here, I’d no longer consider the US as a place to travel to, I’m not putting my family at risk.

I’m afraid until they learn to suppress their itchy trigger fingers the US will have to do without our meagre tourist dollars.

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
Like others here, I’d no longer consider the US as a place to travel to, I’m not putting my family at risk.

I’m afraid until they learn to suppress their itchy trigger fingers the US will have to do without our meagre tourist dollars.

Same here, despite having done some high school in the US, travelled extensively to over 30 States I absolutely would not take my kids to a country so prone to violence. We often want to get away for some winter sun and I think about California or Florida as options but then I’m thoroughly put off my the threat to my family.

I feel safer taking my kids to Nicaragua than to the US!

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
So when the World Cup is in the US 3 years time, will we all be appalled and outraged by the country's inherent racism, misogynism, apparent lawlessness and corruption?

Thought not.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
So when the World Cup is in the US 3 years time, will we all be appalled and outraged by the country's inherent racism, misogynism, apparent lawlessness and corruption?

Thought not.
Who knows? Maybe we'll threaten to wear an armband which is white but with red splashes to highlight gun violence.

But then we could never host a tournament in the UK because of the knife crime issues we have.

There are no countries in the world with no problems. Brazil bankrupting themselves by hosting the Olympics and World Cup 2 years apart wasn't clever and neither was displacing whole communities to build stadiums and infrastructure which would be used only for those events.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Well done on creating an even bigger black market that makes tracking guns even more difficult.
There isn’t a black market cos they sell guns to anyone, even those with serious mental health problems.
It’s probably way to late to put the Genie back in the bottle, but does anyone have a better solution to the absolute slaughter that’s going on in America.

Diallo

Jan 3, 2021
We worship guns way too much all around the world right now. Once we identify killing people as wrong, then we can begin improving the morality of our society. Here in the UK, a lot of our historic heroes used guns or ordered people on when to use their guns.
Killers are killers whether they’re wearing uniform or not.
We need TV, newspapers, films, books etc to stop the worship of killing and fear.
People are obsessed with the positives a war can offer rather than the negatives which causes smaller fractal levels of hostility to start opening fire in their neighbours.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I have only held/used a proper gun once, and that was for clay pigeon shooting. I genuinely felt soiled, having done that, and haven't touched one since - never will, either.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
There isn’t a black market cos they sell guns to anyone, even those with serious mental health problems.
It’s probably way to late to put the Genie back in the bottle, but does anyone have a better solution to the absolute slaughter that’s going on in America.

There's a massive black market.

You think all the crime gangs are buying them from the gun stores?

Ⓩ-Ⓐ-Ⓜ-Ⓞ-Ⓡ-Ⓐ

Hove / Παρος
Apr 7, 2006
Hove / Παρος
There's a massive black market.

You think all the crime gangs are buying them from the gun stores?

The black market is used by felons that want to own guns, often for further criminal activity, but cannot do so due to their conviction.

For the rest of the population guns are readily available at any store, even for people with mental health issues, who wouldn't necessarily have easy access to black market guns.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
The black market is used by felons that want to own guns, often for further criminal activity, but cannot do so due to their conviction.

For the rest of the population guns are readily available at any store, even for people with mental health issues, who wouldn't necessarily have easy access to black market guns.

And that black market will open up to a whole new type of buyer if they drove certain things to the underground.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
But that new type of buyer already has access to guns on the high street. I suppose the problem is that there are just too many guns in circulation. What would be your suggestion to reduce gun ownership and the amount of guns in circulation?

Well you could offer a gun buy back scheme.

That will get a lot of the guns that just sit around in houses off the market.

You'd get millions handed in for that cash offer.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

Thought not.
Not about outrage. Instead many are understandably put off by gun violence, a very real threat. Why would that be any different in 3 years time? It’s only getting worse, not better.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not about outrage. Instead many are understandably put off by gun violence, a very real threat. Why would that be any different in 3 years time? It’s only getting worse, not better.
It was all about outrage 3 months ago.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022

Thought not.
Absolutely it should be! It could be very helpful to have highly thought of countries bring up those issues during and before the world cup here. It would help get the message across to the politicians as, lets face it, the voice of the majority does not seem to have had been heard.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Absolutely it should be! It could be very helpful to have highly thought of countries bring up those issues during and before the world cup here. It would help get the message across to the politicians as, lets face it, the voice of the majority does not seem to have had been heard.
After all the noise in the build up to Qatar, esp over women's rights, it would be hypocritical not too.
But as said I'd be amazed if there was any outrage.

Can we outraged at our own racism!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
How about a program of national education.

And sterilisation. At least until the latter is proven to have worked.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here