Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] American Albion fan... WTF.... Has he done.....

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
90`s rubbish, Archer , Bellotti, protests, York city, Doncaster, Hereford, Gillingham ......they cant steal those memories. They will probably and hopefully never experience anything like that ever. Many on here did and wont forget.
Take some teenagers sometimes with us now and when they hear the stories from back in the day of just how bad it was for the club they are astonished to the point they think we are making it up.........

That's fair comment.

Most fans of long standing (40 years and counting here and I'm just a youngster...) have those times indelibly etched in our memories.

Yes, he and all other new supporters from wherever they are should be welcomed into the Albion fold gladly and with open arms.

However, a copy (or PDF) of Build A Bonfire or watching YouTube news footage should be almost required reading/viewing.

That way, it helps to keep the efforts and sacrifices of so many alive, some of whom sadly aren't with us anymore.

These are halcyon days for all Albion supporters and it's right to enjoy and be thankful with what we have.

But let's not forget where we've come from.

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
It's a nice badge, but am I alone in thinking that the CN Tower's placement makes it look like the seagull is doing one of the things it was born to do all over the Queen City?

If the seagull even thinks about trying it, he'll get a spiky CN Tower up his arse.

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
WTF?

One of his tweets is having a pop at the club:

Hey @OfficialBHAFC how come other EPL teams have reserved spots for their Yanks supporters but the founders of NYC Gulls are on the waiting list?

**** OFF!! Where were you when we were shit?

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
WTF?

One of his tweets is having a pop at the club:

Hey @OfficialBHAFC how come other EPL teams have reserved spots for their Yanks supporters but the founders of NYC Gulls are on the waiting list?

**** OFF!! Where were you when we were shit?

Hmmmm

If true, I feel somewhat vindicated.

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
We were driving down on Saturday, (for Sunday's match), and the rain was biblical when we arrived, at my folks' house which overlooks the Withdean pitch. It was freezing too - truly a disgusting afternoon. There was an amateur game being played at the time. My oldest lad - 20 now, about 5 when he and his younger brother had their first season tickets - looked at me, and said "We used to sit in this, to watch Al Bangura. What were we thinking!?"

This has made me belly laugh.

Me and My friends who all had season tickets together at Withdean, said something similar watching soccer saturday in the pub, Imagine being sat in this at Withdean like we used to. I think Rochdale on a tuesday night was the wettest I ever got.

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I clearly have a problem then, because I still don’t get it.
I understand ex pats, or 2nd generations relatives etc supporting Brighton, but randomly picking us to support seems contrived and almost a hipster kind of thing to do. I’m thinking too much into it or not enough, either way my brain can’t and does not want to compute.

Sometimes I wish we were still shite, it pisses me off when people who I know and work with never supported and even mocked our plight, now have season tickets, and claim to have been there in the dark days, loyal supporters.....

Yeah righto, this smacks of the same bullshit, it’s been a long day.

I apologise.

Still ain’t right.

I quite like American Football... not a huge fan but I watch the NFL show after MOTD and, very occasionally, I will watch a game from start to finish.
I chose to support Green Bay. No connections at all, nothing other than a pretty random selection based on them being one of the teams in the first game I saw 20+ years ago (before they went on their successful streak - no JCLs here!). Not really much point in watching a sport without supporting a team involved IMHO.

If an American "Soccer" fan wants to do the same in return. Great. Fantastic. Good on them.

Sometimes you don't have an existing connection to any team and so your choice is based on a near-random sequence of decisions. And then your measure of fandom should be following the team through thick and thin, not how many generations you have to go back to find a tenuous family link to your chosen club.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
image.jpeg

We have tee shirts and everything:thumbsup:

Saladpack Seagull

Just Shut Up and Paddle
Is the correct way to do it! Bloody Yanks...always manage to piss you off even when we’re on the same side.

In Germany in the early 80's our soldiers pissed THEM off by "acquiring " bits of US kit and rations on a fairly small scale. This was a mild irritant to them and our senior officers who were on the receiving end of complaints until someone "borrowed" a US Amoured Personnel Carrier and the proverbial hit the fan. So it works both ways!

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here