America'a Cup - anyone else getting excited?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Purely by chance I caught the last race last night so stayed up and watched it.

They weren't sailing - they were flying most of the time. I've never seen anything like it - with the boats way off the water on aerofoils (sp?). Quite a sight though.

Purely by chance I caught the last race last night so stayed up and watched it.

They weren't sailing - they were flying most of the time. I've never seen anything like it - with the boats way off the water on aerofoils (sp?). Quite a sight though.

Hydrofoils I think they are, bloody impressive stuff to watch. That said, as mentioned above I'll have forgotten all about by Friday and will next watch sailing at the next Olympics I would imagine.

colinz

Banned
Oct 17, 2010
Auckland
It's all a bit silly when the USA wins it with half a crew of Australians.

And the winning faster boat, is built by NZers in Warkworth just north of Auckland.

BTW just finished watching Fox Sport, interviewing Alan Bond & John Bertrand 30th anniversary when Australia 2 won it.

topbanana36

Dec 29, 2007
New Zealand
New Zealand toy retailers have been asked to withdraw Emirates Team New Zealand ship models due to choking hazard.

The NZers are spewing and all the excuses are coming out. It's sailing so I don't care but it is great to wind them up :)

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
USAUS1-1024x537.jpg It's been re-branded.

Firefly

GTAV NSC Crew
Apr 8, 2010
So what the chance of Ben and co getting best international team at the BBC Sports Personality?

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
So what the chance of Ben and co getting best international team at the BBC Sports Personality?

He should be stripped of his knighthood for winning it for the yanks :)

Give it back if he helps to win it for a UK team !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports