Ambulance, Police, & Coast Guards on the sea front near the Thistle Hotel

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Tragic news, thoughts go to her family

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Let's assume they've just drunk alcohol and took nothing else. How on Earth do people get into these situations? I mean, you're not completely out of control of your own actions...

It's just error of judgment - caused by alcohol. They've had a night out, decided to jump into the sea for a laugh not realising how strong the tides are or how dangerous it is. It can be very deceptive.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It's just error of judgment - caused by alcohol. They've had a night out, decided to jump into the sea for a laugh not realising how strong the tides are or how dangerous it is. It can be very deceptive.

Exactly that, very dangerous to swim if you have consumed a large amount of alcohol.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
A lot of people don't realise how easily the shingle shifts from under your feet at the water's edge. One slip and then a big wave can drag you in. I nearly drowned when I was four because of that effect. I was dragged out and had to be rescued by someone on the beach as my mother couldn't swim.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
A lot of people don't realise how easily the shingle shifts from under your feet at the water's edge. One slip and then a big wave can drag you in. I nearly drowned when I was four because of that effect. I was dragged out and had to be rescued by someone on the beach as my mother couldn't swim.

Same thing happened to me down near Hove Lagoon same age as well, put me off swimming for life hate it still have nightmares about drowning.

Dec 29, 2011
Often down this part of the beach at 1 or 2am. Sometime I just stand for a few minute and watch the sea, some of the waves look 10 foot high and the noise is scary enough on it's own. If it was anything like that last night, who would be drunk enough to even go near it, let alone in it. The mind boggles.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
The worst danger is the odd surge wave that can come along, lots of anglers I know have nearly been dragged in and we know what we are doing !

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I'm currently at work at Calais port. 3 numpties have just jumped off a P&O Ferry into the water for no apparent reason causing chaos.

Cry havoc and loose the dogs of war!

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I remember standing, pissed, on the Banjo Groyne one stormy night...we got hit by a massive wave that very nearly knocked my mate into the oggin.

Might be the same scenario here.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
I swim off Hove most days. Cycled down yesterday morning, sat on the beach for fifteen minutes contemplating going in before very reluctantly deciding against it due to the height of the waves crashing onto the shore. Only the second time in a year that I've decided against it. Tragic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here