Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Misc] Ambulance chasers

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
I had an accident about 7 years ago, claim all sorted no problem, no pain so obviously no gain. I’m still getting calls. I usually just ask them when the accident was, they’ve never been able to tell me so the call usually ends there.

Raleigh Chopper

Sep 1, 2011
Plymouth
What about getting a call as soon as you get back from a holiday asking if you had bad guts ache or worse while you were away, if you say no, they more or less say that I can say yes even if I didn't and they guaranteed me compo from the holiday company, many hotels do not except Brits anymore because of this.
BUT, try and sue the NHS for severe medical negligence and it is a very long drawn out affair or impossible, even with a solicitor.
Crazy times.

Brightonfan1983

Tiny member
Jul 5, 2003
UK
Had one of these calls, they advised me that I had 3k waiting for me. I told them to just send me a cheque to save time. They then wanted to know about the accident I had been involved in. I just went along answering the questions with, I can not remember as the accident must of given me memory loss, after 5 minutes they hung up, not had another phone call again .

Normally when I get these calls I give a bit of heavy breathing and panting noises over the phone ask them what they are wearing, by this time they have hung up. Another one for the fake Microsoft calls about my PC not working properly, when they ask me to turn it on, I agree with them that there is a problem as my PC said hit any key to start, that's the key that's missing.

Any excuse to post this again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YvJQxgtJW94

Barham's tash

Jun 8, 2013
Rayners Lane
It would have to be a MASSIVE coincidence, as I've literally never had one of those calls in my life (maybe I've been lucky). I can only think that either my insurers or hers have sold on my mobile number, as I've had numerous calls two-ing and fro-ing with them this last week to sort this out. Or maybe Enterprise, who sorted me a hire car while mine was being repaired.

Thats proper shithouse if thats the case.

GDPR their asses with a counterclaim. If successful they could be liable for a fine as a % of their turnover.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I had the :tosser: for ages after my car was hit in a car park, apparently I could go to my doctors and say my neck hurt and I would get a pay out. I was around 50 metres from the car at the time. At least 18 months I was getting phone calls. I told them they were fraudsters a few times which they didn't like much. My biggest mistake was give my mobile number out.

Spiros

Jul 9, 2003
Too far from the sun
Until a few months ago I worked for a large insurance company. They have a problem with staff selling details of accidents to claims management companies. I know that a few claims call handlers have been sacked in the past. Little wonder they do it though as they’re on minimum wage and the claims firms offer them good money for the leads. I remember one woman leaving the Bristol call centre to work in a burger van because it was better money

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here