Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ambition and expectation

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I don't know, it didn't do Shampton any harm and they got promoted twice in consecutive seasons. If it was a choice of spending the next 4-5 years hanging around the Championship or a relegation, complete rebuild, followed by two promotions, I would go for the latter. As I said in the previous comment, Wolves look to have benefitted from the drop.

Southampton did it as they paid the most - League One, and I believe the Championship. So they had the momentum and the players. I don't think we will have that luxury.

Anyway - we may find out .............

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
What you said is that you expect to be watching a side in the top six, you should re read your posts before replying to people. Nothing about value for money.
*Sigh* My last sentence: For the money I pay I expect a decent return, and watching a poor team lose isn't what I want.

What else do you think 'decent return' meant? Teams in the top six lose you know, but if I'm investing my time and money in 'entertainment' then I want it to be more meaningful than watching a struggling side. If results pick up and we need to win our last home game to be sure of the play-offs I'll be there as I feel the experience will be value for money. If we're stuck where we are I won't be there as I have better things to do with my time and money.

I don't think I can put it any clearer. And no, I don't expect you to like my attitude, but try at least to understand it.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Then why on earth has he just invested an enormous amount of money in a state of the art academy that will not see a return for a very long time? Why is he now wanting to build a hotel?

He is not hiding behind FFP at all. He wants to be in a position to take advantage of any benefits of FFP that come our way, whilst at the same time, he does not want to be accused of screwing up our future prospects because we cannot sign any players if we are sanctioned under FFP. I have no doubt just as many supporters would moan about that too if it happened.

That is exactly my point he has financed the stadium, the academy the teams to reach play offs twice and now a hotel is it not possible his advisors have said that is enough for now or perhaps he is richer than Abramovich so it wouldnt matter, I dont know its just my reading of the situation,.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here