[Music] Ambient Music

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
The Lunz Reinterpretations album is great. Two highlights:

Good thread. I've got whole playlists on Sonos of ambient from the obscure above to the more obvious likes of The Orb and Kruder and Dorfmeister. Like the OP 'I find it good music to work to or just to calm me down a bit.

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Please listen to Glassforms by Max Cooper and Bruce Brubaker. In fact everyone listen to it.

Here’s a few others for you:
Nils Frahm
Ólafur Arnalds
Tim Hecker
Max Richter
and William Basinski’s Disintegration Loops is quite out there...very hypnotic and calming in its own right but an interesting story behind it as well.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I'm a relatively new listener to ambient music; probably only started listening to it in the last 5 years. I find it really helps de-stress after a shitty day, but is also great to have on when you're working - music with lyrics (songs if you like!) distracts me too much.
Right now, with sprog and other half in bed, I'm listening to this - so relaxing and chilled and (seemingly) simple.

Would love to hear your faves and discover more from the genre - please do post your favourites. Aphex Twin, Biosphere, Max Richter, The Orb, certain Sigur Ros, Harold Budd, more Eno...

Have you discovered late night Radio 3 yet?

Night Tracks will expose you to more ambient gems than you can shake a stick at! It hits the spot every single time.

The show took over from possibly my all time favourite radio show - Late Junction - which has been a source of so many discoveries from all sorts of genres over many years. LJ is truly eclectic in its scope. It now only airs once a week. Night Tracks took over really, and is, as you might imagine, much more soporific, but still a great listen.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
OBIOUSLY Professor Eno .

Sadly he wont collaborating with Harold Budd in the future as he died last year.

Amazed no-one has mentioned another of Eno's Mates - Robert Fripp who asventing a new form of Ambient (Frippertronics) also dime lovue''yf him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VC6FEfQaO0

I saw Budd playing with Jaki Liebezeit (Can) and Jah Wobble at the Brighton Corn exchange in around 2000. Love a bit of Budd, me. He collaborated with another fave of mine, Hector Zazou. Will dig something out.....

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here