Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Amber Rudd has resigned

Mo Gosfield

Aug 11, 2010
I have them both down as Turn Coat Tories ie Labour supporters who have got into middle management, or bought their council house, and turned their back on the working class.

Wrong on all counts.
1) Never voted Con or Lab all my life.
2) Never been middle management. Own my own company.
3) Never lived in a council house. Owned my first property at 25.
4) Couldn't be more sympathetic to the working class. Grandfather struggled through the Depression. Father went to work at 13 years old to bring more money in. Drove tractors on farms in school summer holidays. Worked in factories in late teens/20's.
5) Fiercely anti-Establishment. Always have been. Worked out a long time ago how they work. Detest bureaucracy.
6) Support BHA.
7) Like women.
8) Like alcohol/never smoked.
9) Like the odd flutter.
10) Thats enough information.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Patron
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
You can accuse [MENTION=34106]ManOfSussex[/MENTION] of having a short memory only if he's forgotton something more recent than the resignations to which he alludes. Using your reasoning he could call you a complete buffoon for forgetting something that happened in the 1930s. You could accuse him of hypocrisy if you like, though. But....given that he isn't making any comparison (its you doing that) he could acuse you of 'whataboutism'.

Oh....

(edit, man himself beat me to it :lolol:)

How cute that you take it in turns to bitch for each other [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
The Civil Service, with an agenda all of its own, claims another victim. Brief 'misunderstood' - "Sorry, did you mean it to be like that?" "Well, you set us targets, we met them - but not in the way you meant them" - there's civil service Sir Humphrey type mandarins (remainers to a man, determined to de-rail Brexit by any means) all over this. "Thank you for your instructions Minister - we'll work on ways to misinterpret them to make you look bad"............"You want us to expel more illegals, and you've set us targets? OK, we'll find some easy ones - not the ones you meant though".

You don't think so? In all probability then you've never been a civil servant. The Home Office didn't like Amber Rudd. They've shafted her - job done (not that I'm that bothered she's gone, mind, she's a Tory minister and not a very good one - but the way it's been done isn't that wonderful - unless you're a high ranking civil servant in the Home Office).
I'm no friend of self-entitled bureaucrats myself, but are you sure about all this?

Rudd specifically told May, in writing, that her department was trying to increase the number of forced removals by 10 percent. Ignore all the other evidence; concentrate on that. She could not have written those words unless there was a target she knew about. (Ten percent of haven't got a clue is meaningless - she wouldn't have signed up to it.) she then said there wasn't a target. She is a liar, and what's worse, a liar who lied simply to burnish her faux-Brexit credentials.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
You could say the same about Grant and Livingstone and Khan. Although in the case of the latter, It was more a case of the majority disliking him and not bothering to vote.

I was half expecting some replies about most of the constituents being ‘well, you know mate’

Quite surprised really. I think Livingstone and Khan are both good people. I can only remember Grant for his famous statement after the riots.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
I see that Penny Mordaunt will be taking over Amber Rudd's other role as Woman's and Equalities Minister.

Rudd resigned because as Home Secretary she wasn't aware of important Home Office targets, and it appears there are important memos that have been leaked to the press she claims not to have read. Is it any wonder Ministers aren't briefed properly when they have multiple roles.

If Woman and Equalities is important enough then allocate a dedicated Minister to that role. The whole system of appointing MPs with no vocational experience and limited experience in government to Ministerial roles with huge responsibility seems fundamentally flawed and typifies the "wing-it Britain" government we have today.

Diane Abbott doesn't know what she's talking about, or Boris Johnson, or David Davis, or Phillip Hammond. It's a Bullshit Mountain that just keeps getting higher.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
How cute that you take it in turns to bitch for each other [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

mmmm wrong again....not 'for each other'.....merely against you, so it seems. But don't take it personally - I am sure that being mocked just makes you feel stronger.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
In the absence of any suitable term I’ll file him under Typical Self-serving Tory ****.

So just out of interest, and taking your red specs off, who do you think would have been a better appointment ? Or is every Tory a **** in your mind ?

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
So just out of interest, and taking your red specs off, who do you think would have been a better appointment ? Or is every Tory a **** in your mind ?

With my usual objective and open mind I’ve looked at all the options; seems they’re all ***** though.

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
The correct decision. She was either woefully unaware of what was going on in her department or misleading parliament (probably the second one) .

Losing one of the biggest Remain voices in the cabinet is also a Brucie bonus.

franks brother

Mrs May has said when she was home secretary there were targets to 'remove people who were here illegally'.

First thing unless Amber Rudd had removed those targets then Theresa May should have disciplined her for lying to the select committee.

Secondly how can we have targets to remove people if we don't know how many people are here illegally?

If targets have to be met without the ability to prove that the targets can be met then people tasked with hitting the targets will target people who are here legally like the Windrush generation.

The task should be to deport all illegal immigrants who have no right to stay. But you cant have a specif target on it as we dont know how many there are.

How does the prime minister of our country not understand that very basic logic?

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here