Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amazon Prime

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I think my Prime membership is one of the best things I have ever done. THe delivery is awesome and very useful for someone who is badly organised for presents etc and someone who just has to have things ASAP.

The Video is great for Series, the movies are pretty crap but the AMazon Originals stuff is excellent.

THe Music I don't really use as I also pay for spotify which is also worth every penny.

The other bits and pieces are just extra bits I dip into occasionally.

For the price I think its excellent value.

If you have a 4K smart TV there is a a load of the Amazon stuff that is broadcast in 4K too which is great.

See-Goals

DIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE
Aug 13, 2004
Seaford
Big fan of Prime. Delivery is a big plus and money saver obviously, the video is getting better, big fan of Mr Robot and The Americans, movies are limited with the better ones being 'rent or buy'.

I use the music loads and can download lots on to my fire tablet to listen offline (iPod ditched).

Something not yet mentioned - Amazon Underground, my kids have fire tablets and love all the free games.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
We have prime, I lost my camera charger cable so I ordered a new one at 22.30 in the evening and it was delivered through my letter box about 12 hours later.

Music is good as you can download almost anything or just stream music at home.

Don't use the TV/Film stuff very much as that is the only real let down

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Something not mentioned - Instead of next day delivery you can choose to go with a no rush option which delivers in 3-5 days, and if you do that, you get £1 credit to spend on their digital offerings (music, apps, digital video, kindle books) - a bonus if you like to own your music instead of streaming it (I've probably come close to getting at least one year of prime back in credit this way and I've only just paid for my second year). Sometimes this is upped to £3 during special offer days (such as black friday). On the last amazon prime day it was £3 in the amazon pantry (a grocery shopping area of amazon for which you have to pay £2.99 delivery for the first box).

If you're a student you get it for £39 with an academic email address (.ac.uk)

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Something not mentioned - Instead of next day delivery you can choose to go with a no rush option which delivers in 3-5 days, and if you do that, you get £1 credit to spend on their digital offerings (music, apps, digital video, kindle books) - a bonus if you like to own your music instead of streaming it

I've never worked out how to spend that bonus... (haven't looked hard enough)

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I've never worked out how to spend that bonus... (haven't looked hard enough)

It is automatically applied when you buy something. There is a deadline by which you have to use it. For an order that was dispatched today, my credit has to be spent by 31 January, so it's a decent amount of time.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Got mine for £50 last Black Friday. Cancelled autorenew in the hope they do the same this year as well.

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
I've had Prime for a few years now and have made my money back on it. Cancelled Spotify as Amazon Music is pretty good too

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Prime has been reduced to £59/year for new sign-ups. The offer runs until 18th November.

Click here: http://amzn.to/2eBd1QR

(Or just sign up monthly for a trial to do your Christmas shopping, cancelling it before you have to pay)

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
Love Prime.Can get same day delivery on most stuff in Brum.Loaning Kindle books is a great feature I use a lot,and the music is getting better.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here