Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Amazon coverage

jcdenton08

Enemy of the People
NSC Patron
Oct 17, 2008
Can I just say how much I am enjoying it? They’re so much better than Sky and ITV. A breath of fresh air.

If you watch on your phone, you get match stats, lineups and loads of good stuff at the touch of a button without missing a kick.

Controversial I know, but I’d happily pay more for Prime if they replaced Sky completely.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
It's thorough.

The bulid up is about the game ahead ... not speculation about what Ronaldo has for breakfast. The aftermath is about what happened in the game ... not speculation about what Ronaldo's shits smell like.

However .... In the long term I reckon that's what football coverage will be and the big teams will get paid all the money because more people are interested in that

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
Totally agree - superb coverage with great commentary- and good post match interviews

Every time my eye focuses on the white Prime Video logo in the top right corner of my screen - I think, wow, watching daily live PL football with my Amazon Prime membership.

Can’t see Amazon extending their PL coverage though, it’s mainly subscription bait for them I think.

Amazon Prime are also doing a series of ‘Big Interviews’ of PL players including Enock Wmepu’s rise to the PL

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Didn’t you just answer your own question?
1b2.gif

Reactions: Vin

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Can I just say how much I am enjoying it? They’re so much better than Sky and ITV. A breath of fresh air.

If you watch on your phone, you get match stats, lineups and loads of good stuff at the touch of a button without missing a kick.

Controversial I know, but I’d happily pay more for Prime if they replaced Sky completely.
This. Excellent

Saunders

Oct 1, 2017
Brighton
Yea i love it and unlike sky you can watch the game before. Although when at xmas at my parents it was buffering a fair bit which doesnt happen for me at home.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
One complaint - annoyed that full game was not available last night ( it is now) as I had avoided the scores. One other comment , the Amazon highlights missed off Mitoma's miss whereas sky included it.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Sky have raked in nearly all the money and become complacent.

Until Amazon sorth out the colour /contrast issue and Bin Hoddle they will always be a bit too close to ITV for my liking

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Amazon could buy Sky 100 times over and still have enough to build a f***ing pointless moon colony.

Enjoy the novelty of their impressive efforts to test and prove concept... But please don't celebrate it as an improvement.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here