Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amazing second half effort well done Brighton and well done Gus!

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Absolute nonsense. We put quality ball after quality ball right into the heart of the 6 yard box, no one was f***ing ATTACKING them.

Yet ANOTHER task Murray would do that's going undone.

Yes we deserved to win but yet again last night showed what a huge f**k up Gus made in letting Murray go and never getting anyone close to his ability as a replacement. We see it every game that if we had a good hold up forward who is capable of heading the ball we would be top.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
The one we should have been given for a handball in the second half. The whole of the north stand saw it.
As has been said, we battered them in the second half and deserved to win it.

the referee was a bit odd..didnt seem to giver anything for a push (or a handball)

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Thought we were immense tonight and deserved the last minute winner
Good 3 points yes, but if it wasn't for the late winner your comments would seem very out of place..!!
Well obviously :shrug:

We could have played the exact same way and easily scored a couple of goals earlier, and there wouldn't be this negative talk. Our final ball was letting us down, partly down to the fact we hadn't won for ages and the team are low on confidence.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
The one we should have been given for a handball in the second half. The whole of the north stand saw it.
I think there was one that was ball to hand, and another (that you're talking of) where, although it was also ball to hand, the defender's arms were higher than they should have been. I'd like to see the replay, but probably should have been a pen.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yes we deserved to win but yet again last night showed what a huge f**k up Gus made in letting Murray go and never getting anyone close to his ability as a replacement. We see it every game that if we had a good hold up forward who is capable of heading the ball we would be top.

I do agree with that.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
FFS, not moaning but simply don't agree with the statement "If it was a boxing match would have been stopped"...!!!

Do you really think this is a fair description of the game....??

Correction:- too many moaning pedants on here

themightyalbion

Mar 28, 2010
Absolutley right.
Granted they were not at their best fist half, but significant improvement made with the effort, and substitutions in the second. Unlucky imo not to have scored several, Post hit, and a decent keeper kept them in the game!

00snook

Aug 20, 2007
Southsea
Absolute nonsense. We put quality ball after quality ball right into the heart of the 6 yard box, no one was f***ing ATTACKING them.

Yet ANOTHER task Murray would do that's going undone.

Its not a quality ball if it is nowhere near an attacker, or not playing to those attackers strengths.

If we don't have good presence in the air it doesn't make sense to put the ball in in the air time after time.

Play it to feet, or drive one low, or one that bounces in front of the keeper, or anything other than in the bloody air.

Just cause the cross is into the 6 yard box, doesn't automatically make it a good cross

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Far, far from immense but job done. Dreadful first half followed by an improved second half. The boxing match statement......you heard Oatway say it on Soccer AM and couldn't wait to use it yourself, right?

to be fair i didnt was in berlin last weekend and missed the leeds match and soccer AM....

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
The first half was a bit flat, one of those where you think 'let's get this over with, it'll be better attacking the North Stand.'

And it was. we played some brilliant stuff in the second half and came close to scoring on many occasions. As has been said often before, the only thing that was lacking was our finishing. Peterborough chucked themselves in front of everything, and it all got very frustrating...I couldn't believe that we hadn't scored.

And then we did. Brilliant. We absolutely dominated that game, and deservedly got the three points.

CMS had an off day, but honestly, who else had a bad game? Really, really happy with the second half performance, even more so that we got the three points that it deserved.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here