Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Amazing Amex Tour

• Thread starter Deleted member 22389
  • Start date

D

Deleted member 22389

Went on the full tour today. What can I say but excellent and I would highly recommend it, book your tour.

Sat in the West Stand as part of it, and got to say the East Stand now looks excellent with all the seats in. It's going to be one brilliant atmosphere in there for Cardiff.

This is a stadium ready for the premiership. I still cannot beleive this is our stadium. The whole thing is just top class. Being in the North Stand last season you just don't appreciate what is actually over there inside the West Stand. The hundreds of photos that have been taken don't do it justice.

One cannot imagine what it must be like for our players coming out to crowds of 27,000. That is a footballers dream, anything else would feel like a come down. It's honestly no wonder so many players have signed after their own tour of the place.

Last edited by a moderator:

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It'll never beat the goldstone ground :(

Not beat it as they are both incomparable. Different times though now. although the amex is 'superior' obviously in spec, i will always love the memories of the Goldstone and I'd do (almost) anything for another match day visit there.....even a small game.

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
I went on the tour today as well and was certainly worth the tenner paid. Can't belive my seat in the SW still hasn't been put in for the new season yet! Looks like I'll be standing if it doesnt happen tomorrow or Tuesday!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Went on the full tour today. What can I say but excellent and I would highly recommend it, book your tour.

Sat in the West Stand as part of it, and got to say the East Stand now looks excellent with all the seats in. It's going to be one brilliant atmosphere in there for Cardiff.

This is a stadium ready for the premiership. I still cannot beleive this is our stadium. The whole thing is just top class. Being in the North Stand last season you just don't appreciate what is actually over there inside the West Stand. The hundreds of photos that have been taken don't do it justice.

One cannot imagine what it must be like for our players coming out to crowds of 27,000. That is a footballers dream, anything else would feel like a come down. It's honestly no wonder so many players have signed after their own tour of the place.

I went on the tour today as well and was certainly worth the tenner paid. Can't belive my seat in the SW still hasn't been put in for the new season yet! Looks like I'll be standing if it doesnt happen tomorrow or Tuesday!

Where are the pictures then guys?

Jul 13, 2012
It's like always having a soft spot for your first girlfriend/boyfriend

Yes it is and lush and its making me very sad. No doubt over years then I'll fall in love with my presant surroundings and people but its so hard to let go of the past :(

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
Do they do tours on match days (eveining games)? I'm travelling down for the Sheff Weds game with some Weds fans and we are spending the day in Brighton. They have said they would like to do the stadium tour during the day.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Do they do tours on match days (eveining games)? I'm travelling down for the Sheff Weds game with some Weds fans and we are spending the day in Brighton. They have said they would like to do the stadium tour during the day.

Sunday, Monday & Thursday only.

D

Deleted member 22389

Nothing has been missed at The Amex. They even have a large room for the press, with stations so they can plug in their laptops, sofas. Apparently it is one of the best in the country.

Also in the West Stand, the club worked closely with Sky to make sure facility wise they have everything they need.

Also new for this season, around the outside of the pitch, new bunkers have been installed for the cameramen so they are not blocking the crowd view.

It's bloody impressive. Feel sorry for players who have been shown the door, because seriously I think anything else would be a come down facility wise. It's no wonder we have been able to attract players to this club. It's just amazing.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I went on the tour today and pretty much echo these opinions, The new ESU really makes a huge difference to how the stadium looks the view from the top of the WSU looks far more impressive. The corners filled in really make a difference too. The atmosphere when it is full is going to be stunning.

Interesting to see the views from the different parts of the ground in comparison to my seat in the east stand.

Have to say I much prefer a view lower to the ground, the top of the WSU is just too far up for me, I wouldn't fancy walking up (or down) those stairs after a pint or three.

D

Deleted member 22389

I went on the tour today and pretty much echo these opinions, The new ESU really makes a huge difference to how the stadium looks the view from the top of the WSU looks far more impressive. The corners filled in really make a difference too. The atmosphere when it is full is going to be stunning.

Interesting to see the views from the different parts of the ground in comparison to my seat in the east stand.

Have to say I much prefer a view lower to the ground, the top of the WSU is just too far up for me, I wouldn't fancy walking up (or down) those stairs after a pint or three.

I'm in the North Stand. Fantastic to finally find out what goes on behind those sliding doors in the West Stand. And yes, the view from the West Stand is absolutely amazing now, with the East Stand having the upper tier nearly completed and corners field in.

If I was a millionaire I would get myself one of those boxes, but then move down to the North Stand to watch the game. Those boxes are smart. Feels like a posh hotel lol.

The whole stadium is set up for success.

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Nothing has been missed at The Amex. They even have a large room for the press, with stations so they can plug in their laptops, sofas. Apparently it is one of the best in the country.

Not quite sure who it was, but remember a few members of the press saying we have the best media room outside of Wembley.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here