am i the only one who feels sorry for the forrest teacher dude going to jail?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dutch

Aug 16, 2012
If he was an innocent guy then he'd have helped, been a responsible adult in a position of trust. He may have been flattered by her feelings for him, whatever. What you don't do is start upon a sexual relationship, you don't do this because your her teacher and because she is 14.

Her feelings are not really that relevant. She's the innocent. It's his actions that are in question.

He resigned. How does that make it ok?

I wonder how many parents think it's not worth 4 yrs, I know I do.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
When i was at xxxxxxxxxxx there was a xxxxxxxxxxxx teacher Mr xxxxxxxxxx who was nobbing a 15yr old. She may have been 14 when it started.
It was known among the students - I really wish we had turned him in. Feckin PAEDO

Last edited by a moderator:

raymondbriggs

Dec 21, 2008
on a snowman plough
so a 16 year old girl being in love with 25 year olds with cars is ok in everyones view - and this case just really is not too different.

i just don't see how this is a massive evil crime, and the word peado is misused here.

Just possible you have hit the nail on the head there,the definition of paedo could be "an un-natural attraction to people of an inappropriate age.An inadequate male/female chasing younger flesh. 130 year old "comic/friend of thatcher"and his 30 year old wife being a (un)suitable example of my point.
Perhaps the age-maturity difference is the true definition.I know as a father of daughters I would be uneasy if my 28 y.o. daughter came home with an older man just as I would question my 32 y.o. Son if he came home with a 18 y.o.Girl.

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
When i was at xxxxxxxxxx there was a xxxxxxxxxxx teacher Mr xxxxxxxxxx who was nobbing a 15yr old. She may have been 14 when it started.
It was known among the students - I really wish we had turned him in. Feckin PAEDO

STOP-sorry, not a good idea to post names etc, could cause massive probs to NSC

Last edited by a moderator:

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
Well put! This is a very disturbing thread though in places. As for someone asking the question "do you you drive past school girls and think - wow she's stunning" Is that meant to be a joke??

so is it ok on another thread for ppl to put kylie minogue as a 'crush celebrity' while in a school uniform in neighbours (from many years ago)?

some girls at school are 16, and i would guess 70% or so of men have a good harmless look when at some traffic lights and a group of school girls cross. should these men be locked up to? are they mentally sick?

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
Just possible you have hit the nail on the head there,the definition of paedo could be "an un-natural attraction to people of an inappropriate age.An inadequate male/female chasing younger flesh. 130 year old "comic/friend of thatcher"and his 30 year old wife being a (un)suitable example of my point.
Perhaps the age-maturity difference is the true definition.I know as a father of daughters I would be uneasy if my 28 y.o. daughter came home with an older man just as I would question my 32 y.o. Son if he came home with a 18 y.o.Girl.

Wow...really? You'd be uneasy about a 28 year old with an 'older' man? And as for the 32 year old guy....I defy any (or most) single 32 year old guys who wouldn't be extremely happy with that scenario. Sorry, it may well be uncomfortable, but that's the way it is.

Twizzle

Aug 12, 2010
Well put! This is a very disturbing thread though in places. As for someone asking the question "do you you drive past school girls and think - wow she's stunning" Is that meant to be a joke??

If you look at a pretty schoolgirl and think she is stunning, that is not really a problem imo.
I have seen beauty in children often, but lusting or desiring contact is not on and not for consideration.
Thinking you might be pleased to have such as a daughter, or that she (or he) will be a fine adult later on, isn't unhealthy.
Personally, I can look at young beauty without letching or staring at breasts or arse. Maybe beauty in youth is off the scale for some - but not looking is equally dodgy isn't it?
I think kids can tell if a person is leering at them... or ought to be told to avoid such as that.
Having said that, some teen girls actively try to get attention, dress and behave sexy.
It's still the adult responsibility to be self controlled.

16 bit 44.1

May 17, 2011
Hove
so is it ok on another thread for ppl to put kylie minogue as a 'crush celebrity' while in a school uniform in neighbours (from many years ago)?

No it isn't. And the media has a lot to answer for!! In many many areas!

some girls at school are 16, and i would guess 70% or so of men have a good harmless look when at some traffic lights and a group of school girls cross. should these men be locked up to? are they mentally sick?

70% or so? Call it a hunch but I'm guessing you plucked that percentage out of the air. If you want to try and justify whatever it is you are trying to justify then that's up to you. I've said my piece. Go and troll someone else!

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
he was not "a teacher" - he was a human being with feelings, who sometimes "taught" lessons she attended.

he was in a spot, so resigned and ran off with her.....e.g. she came before his job as he loved/loves her.

it's subjective to say she was vulnerable....the fact is she still loves him.

yes, it is a bit wrong - the parents would not have ápproved etc - but not enough to warrant 4 years in a cage tho.

so a 16 year old girl being in love with 25 year olds with cars is ok in everyones view - and this case just really is not too different.

everyone plays the but he was teaching her, but many people meet at work where one plays the "superior" role in the paid proffession.

i just don't see how this is a massive evil crime, and the word peado is misused here.

I don't think you are on a wind up anymore I think you just don't understand what went on here, probably best to read the thread again and learn a little more about the case.
What different people choose to call this man has nothing to do with what he did wrong and not really part of the discussion, or it seems why you choose to continue to defend the man.

luppers

Aug 10, 2008
Didim, Turkey
Perhaps she gets treated like shit at home.

if he treats her well that would drive her to him and explain why she defends him and refused to go home.

Only just started reading this thread,first of all I agree with the sentence. However you said perhaps she gets treated like shit at home, just to add to that I thought it strange that the mother had not noticed that she was missing until the school phoned to say her daughter had not turned up!

Lurker

56 years and counting ...
Mar 8, 2010
West Midlands
I can't be arsed to read all 24 pages, but I've dipped in and read a few.

I'm actually quite shocked that there appear to be posters who defend this guy, but then again this is NSC, so maybe I should be more shocked that I'm shocked that NSC don't find his behaviour unanimously shocking.

Even though I feel no sympathy for the guy, I do think this case devalues the word Paedophile.

We need to grade paedophiles.
This guy was totally wrong, but his crime is not as stomach churning as the crimes committed by little kiddy fiddlers, who really are sick *******s, yet they only get the same label as this guy.

We need new labels to reflect the gravity of the offence .... any suggestions?
Humour is permitted .......

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Her feelings are not really that relevant.

This is a common but sad part of this discussion.

People dismissing the girl almost as being a stupid an unaware person who couldn't possibly be self aware in regards to how she thinks and feels.

Go out into society and you'll find a hell of a lot of intelligent and incredibly self aware young people out there. In that same society you'll find a hell of a lot of completely clueless and moronic "adults" who are without a doubt far less capable of expressing and articulating their thoughts/feelings than these so called "children".

While the teachers actions are the focal point of the issue, to dismiss the young woman's thoughts and feelings as irrelevant is incredibly condescending.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
but it is a tragic love story - he quit his job for her, and she quit her life for him - they went on the run together.....to be together.....as they knew society would not approve of their love.

did he mistreat her in any way? no. did he make her happy? yes........its hard for me to see a 4 year cage punishment out of this.

if he was grooming and had previous- then it would be VERY different - but this is not the case.
But he WAS grooming.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-23008649

Some people on this thread are extremely dangerous.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
We need to grade paedophiles.
This guy was totally wrong, but his crime is not as stomach churning as the crimes committed by little kiddy fiddlers, who really are sick *******s, yet they only get the same label as this guy.

We need new labels to reflect the gravity of the offence .... any suggestions?
Humour is permitted .......

That was the point I made earlier, before the holier than though brigade jumped in. I admitted that this chap deserved his sentence but it isn't as serious as hundreds of other cases that go unreported in the national media.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
When i was at xxxxxxxxxxx there was a xxxxxxxxxxxx teacher Mr xxxxxxxxxx who was nobbing a 15yr old. She may have been 14 when it started.

also know a brighton teacher who did it.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
I think some people think this is a love story that ended sadly.
This was a vulnerable girl who had problems at home and felt good because a male teacher gave her attention. Their friendship started when she was 14 and then he started sleeping with her when she was 15. He groomed her and had her so infatuated with him, that she would do anything he wanted. He crossed the line and I think the sentence is just about right. If this is true love she will be waiting for him on his release, and how many people think that will happen. If he really loved her, he would not have put her through this and should have pleaded guilty without the need for her to attend court.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
he was not "a teacher" - he was a human being with feelings, who sometimes "taught" lessons she attended.

he was in a spot, so resigned and ran off with her.....e.g. she came before his job as he loved/loves her.

it's subjective to say she was vulnerable....the fact is she still loves him.

yes, it is a bit wrong - the parents would not have ápproved etc - but not enough to warrant 4 years in a cage tho.

everyone plays the but he was teaching her, but many people meet at work where one plays the "superior" role in the paid proffession.

You're just an idiot.

I hope you are nowhere near girls such as this and if you are I hope someone is keeping a close eye on you. Your views are repugnant.

Your desperate attempts at concocting an argument stink and you wriggle and grab onto anything you can in an attempt to find reason. There is no reason in the argument that you and people like dougdeep put forward.

To try to link this thread to the first crush thread is stupid. How many people had their first crush at 30 or 25? You're just not very bright are you?

You're a disgrace to NSC, and if I was responsible for the reputation of NSC I would say you have bought it into disrepute. This is not good open debate, it is the voices of some NSC users trying to silence users like you that wish to condone child abuse.

I just wish moderators would treat such appalling comments seriously. I hope you at least receive a warning.

Ex-Staffs Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Adelaide, SA
I think I will wade in here, there is a fundamental issue here, he was a teacher and she was a pupil of his. He automatically has a degree of trust and a position of power. He abused the trust to form an inappropriate and illegal relationship. He is guilty and has been sent to prison. As an ex-teacher I find what he did appauling as many teachers will tell you, as a young ish male working with girls going through puberty it would be very easy to do what this guy has done, but that is child abuse and so part of the trust places by society on teachers is to protect kids from this sort of stuff.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I think I will wade in here, there is a fundamental issue here, he was a teacher and she was a pupil of his. He automatically has a degree of trust and a position of power. He abused the trust to form an inappropriate and illegal relationship. He is guilty and has been sent to prison. As an ex-teacher I find what he did appauling as many teachers will tell you, as a young ish male working with girls going through puberty it would be very easy to do what this guy has done, but that is child abuse and so part of the trust places by society on teachers is to protect kids from this sort of stuff.

I find it appalling that an ex teacher spells it appauling, really, genuinely.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports