am i the only one who feels sorry for the forrest teacher dude going to jail?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
I'm uncomfortable about all this. Not just the case itself, but the extreme views some people appear to have. It seems to be mostly a case for 'string him up' or 'let's see it from his point of view'. My feelings are somewhat in the middle of the two - yes, he did wrong, yes, he deserves a custodial sentence etc.. Does his life deserve to be ruined for this? IMO, no. Has he a history of any similar 'leanings'? Apparently not. Is it possible he just got carried away? Yes. Does that excuse him? No. Is his sentence harsh? In my opinion, yes - when balanced against other more (again, in my opinion) more serious offences of this type.

For those of you who seem so willing to label him a 'paedo' - I assume you are basing your opinion on the Law? If so, what if you were to wait (assuming you were of a similar age to him) until the girl was 16? I take it that would be (legally) okay? What if your watch was 10 mins fast and you did the deed at 23.50 (while she was still 15)....would you still comfortably label someone a paedo?

Surely it cannot be so clearly defined - there are clearly reasons to take cases on an individual basis. On this occasion, in my view, the punishment does not befit the crime. Yes, he screwed up big time and yes, he deserves punishment, but this..?

You seem to be missing the point with your second paragraph. She was 14 when this started. That is entirely different to what you are suggesting. By A whole 1 year, 364 days 23 hours, 59 minutes and 5 seconds. Oh, and he was her TEACHER.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Ok, I'll PM you and I'll invite you around and you and my dad can speak wars and history. He'd love it. PM on its way, No Alcohol mind in his house just a nice British cuppa tea.

Ive now spoken to footsoldier and can confirm tbat his dad was indeed a member of the finest body of fighting men in the British army !

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I don't need sympathy from anyone. I just played devil's advocate as there were too many people of the" hang'em all! persuasion. Still it took up a few hours. And what a surprise that it drew Simster out with his usual no content all insult post.

Let's get this right. You deliberately took a somewhat controversial and at times downright offensive viewpoint on a discussion about sex with schoolchildren just because you felt that too many people thought the criminal in question deserved what he got..or worse.

If you're going to play such a risky game then you need to be much more quick witted and consistent than you were today, if it was all a bit of a jape. I think a fair few people are now looking at you in a different light.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
As a teacher he should have known that any activity with a pupil under 18 would be construed as grooming in addition to what occurred. He was in a position of trust. I think the term of punishment is correct. What confuses me is how another person can receive a sentence a third of the length for numerous offences with several persons.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Ive now spoken to footsoldier and can confirm tbat his dad was indeed a member of the finest body of fighting men in the British army !

Thanks Bushy. It was nice putting a voice to your name but now think you look like a brute in a nice kinda of way. I know now that after speaking with you that you aren't some cyber warrior like some but who are what they say they are.

Respect to you.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Let's get this right. You deliberately took a somewhat controversial and at times downright offensive viewpoint on a discussion about sex with schoolchildren just because you felt that too many people thought the criminal in question deserved what he got..or worse.

If you're going to play such a risky game then you need to be much more quick witted and consistent than you were today, if it was all a bit of a jape. I think a fair few people are now looking at you in a different light.

Quite. Nothing weaker than getting shown up, then falling back on the devil's advocate / fishing / joking lines.

Respect to Uncle Spielberg for taking the arguments on board, and admitting he got it wrong. No respect to the misogynists and cavemen hiding behind such pretences.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Beggars believe there's any kind of sympathy for the paedo teacher on here. Patently a stunted individual who groomed that kiddie for his own ends. He could have ended that chain of events at any time of his choosing, but chose not to.

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
You seem to be missing the point with your second paragraph. She was 14 when this started. That is entirely different to what you are suggesting. By A whole 1 year, 364 days 23 hours, 59 minutes and 5 seconds. Oh, and he was her TEACHER.

Apologies if that's what you thought, but I was not missing the point, merely trying to establish another one. I'm just curious as to how cut and dried people's opinions are as to when exactly it's okay to label someone a paedophile. Technically, I suppose you would be (or a least be guilty of a serious offence) if the clock had not passed midnight. Just seems a little too precarious and worthy of a little leeway on occasions - imo. As was said somewhere earlier, the Law is not always right.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern

Quite - the old "I was only joking" line. This thread has been a bit of an eye-opener when it comes to certain posters' views

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Quite. Nothing weaker than getting shown up, then falling back on the devil's advocate / fishing / joking lines.

Respect to Uncle Spielberg for taking the arguments on board, and admitting he got it wrong. No respect to the misogynists and cavemen hiding behind such pretences.

I listened to the debate and concluded I misjudged it. Some good points made that made me reconsider my views.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
What makers me laugh is how many men don't look at school girls on the way to and from work and think, wow, she's stunning. Everyone will be in denile on here but deep down we all know that everyone has a sneaky peek while driving.

Do you?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No I don't.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Apologies if that's what you thought, but I was not missing the point, merely trying to establish another one. I'm just curious as to how cut and dried people's opinions are as to when exactly it's okay to label someone a paedophile. Technically, I suppose you would be (or a least be guilty of a serious offence) if the clock had not passed midnight. Just seems a little too precarious and worthy of a little leeway on occasions - imo. As was said somewhere earlier, the Law is not always right.

I have calmed down a bit now but still livid with sympathisers on this case.

The case is cut and dried, black and white or whatever else you may want to call it. He was a teacher, she is/was an immature vulnerable schoolgirl, he has seriously abused his position. These are facts and I have no sympathy whatsoever for his current predicament.

I have just spoken to my 14 year old daughter and her best friend about this and they agree that he is 100% in the wrong and I'm selfishly delighted that he didn't teach at their school.

Not aimed at you personally but everyone that has posted on this thread trying to defend him needs to go and seriously reconsider their views.

He has crossed his professional line and for me that is indefensible. I will not be posting on this thread again.

Last edited:

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit

The case is cut and dried, black and white or whatever else you may want to call it. He was a teacher, she is/was an immature vulnerable schoolgirl, he has seriously abused his position. These are facts and I have no sympathy whatsoever for his current predicament.

I have just spoken to my 14 year old daughter and her best friend about this and they agree that he is 100% in the wrong and I'm selfishly delighted that he didn't teach at their school.

Not aimed at you personally but everyone that has posted on this thread trying to defend him needs to go and seriously reconsider there views.

He has crossed his professional line and for me that is indefensible. I will not be posting on this thread again.

Fair enough, and thank you for not aiming it at me personally, but it wasn't specifically this case I was mentioning - just a hypothetical question.

Dutch

Aug 16, 2012
Are we now saying that a parents can't send his/her children to school without the teachers seeing them as 'fair game'. I think not. The bloke's inadequate and whether he wants to admit it or not, he preys on the young and vulnerable. This started when she was 14. That's pedophilia. If that was my daughter I'd put him in hospital. In fact I'd like to do it anyway.... weak, pathetic, piece of shit creep that he is. He then has the audacity to mouthe, 'I love you' in court, like it some sort of tragic love story.... deranged sicko!

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011

Not aimed at you personally but everyone that has posted on this thread trying to defend him needs to go and seriously reconsider there views.

he was not "a teacher" - he was a human being with feelings, who sometimes "taught" lessons she attended.

he was in a spot, so resigned and ran off with her.....e.g. she came before his job as he loved/loves her.

it's subjective to say she was vulnerable....the fact is she still loves him.

yes, it is a bit wrong - the parents would not have ápproved etc - but not enough to warrant 4 years in a cage tho.

so a 16 year old girl being in love with 25 year olds with cars is ok in everyones view - and this case just really is not too different.

everyone plays the but he was teaching her, but many people meet at work where one plays the "superior" role in the paid proffession.

i just don't see how this is a massive evil crime, and the word peado is misused here.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
like it some sort of tragic love story.... deranged sicko!

but it is a tragic love story - he quit his job for her, and she quit her life for him - they went on the run together.....to be together.....as they knew society would not approve of their love.

did he mistreat her in any way? no. did he make her happy? yes........its hard for me to see a 4 year cage punishment out of this.

if he was grooming and had previous- then it would be VERY different - but this is not the case.

16 bit 44.1

May 17, 2011
Hove
He then has the audacity to mouthe, 'I love you' in court, like it some sort of tragic love story.... deranged sicko!

Well put! This is a very disturbing thread though in places. As for someone asking the question "do you you drive past school girls and think - wow she's stunning" Is that meant to be a joke??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports