Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

am i the only one who feels sorry for the forrest teacher dude going to jail?

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
The sentence is way to harsh. Problem is he was made an example off as he was in the public domain.

Absolute bollocks...he got what the tariff said...are you deliberately trying to be a ****?

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Coming out with stuff like that ? You're a nonce, no two ways about it.

Who was it that said that they collected soiled female underwear the other day?

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
I haven't the patience to go through the whole thread, but I'm assuming that as we are on 22 pages there is some sort of binfest going on within? Any chance someone could do a quick highlights package?

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
He got the correct tariff as set down in law, nobody has been made an example of, another person would get the same for the same crime. What do you think the sentence should be for underage sex?

All depends on the age and circumstances. For this case then 1 year and a 2 year sexual awareness course.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Absolute bollocks...he got what the tariff said...are you deliberately trying to be a ****?

Lets hope then like another poster said that they catch murderers now before capital punishment was abolished and hang them.

Thought we lived in a democracy or aren't I'm aloud to voice my opinion?

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
Thanks Gwylan. It's always good to look at these things from a broader perspective.

In Malaysia the age of consent is 18, so shall we use that as a benchmark?

He was here. Not in France.

Besides which, I'm not so sure the French courts or legal system would be so lenient when it comes to consent. I think Frank Ribery is about to find that out.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
In Malaysia the age of consent is 18, so shall we use that as a benchmark?

He was here. Not in France.

Besides which, I'm not so sure the French courts or legal system would be so lenient when it comes to consent. I think Frank Ribery is about to find that out.

Did they travel to Malaysia? I must have missed that bit.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
Lets hope then like another poster said that they catch murderers now before capital punishment was abolished and hang them.

Thought we lived in a democracy or aren't I'm aloud to voice my opinion?

You're a spoof account , who posted some bollox about your dad being I the grenadier guards a couple of weeks ago

birthofanorange

NSC Patron
Aug 31, 2011
David Gilmour's armpit
I'm uncomfortable about all this. Not just the case itself, but the extreme views some people appear to have. It seems to be mostly a case for 'string him up' or 'let's see it from his point of view'. My feelings are somewhat in the middle of the two - yes, he did wrong, yes, he deserves a custodial sentence etc.. Does his life deserve to be ruined for this? IMO, no. Has he a history of any similar 'leanings'? Apparently not. Is it possible he just got carried away? Yes. Does that excuse him? No. Is his sentence harsh? In my opinion, yes - when balanced against other more (again, in my opinion) more serious offences of this type.

For those of you who seem so willing to label him a 'paedo' - I assume you are basing your opinion on the Law? If so, what if you were to wait (assuming you were of a similar age to him) until the girl was 16? I take it that would be (legally) okay? What if your watch was 10 mins fast and you did the deed at 23.50 (while she was still 15)....would you still comfortably label someone a paedo?

Surely it cannot be so clearly defined - there are clearly reasons to take cases on an individual basis. On this occasion, in my view, the punishment does not befit the crime. Yes, he screwed up big time and yes, he deserves punishment, but this..?

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
You're a spoof account , who posted some bollox about your dad being I the grenadier guards a couple of weeks ago

Ok, I'll PM you and I'll invite you around and you and my dad can speak wars and history. He'd love it. PM on its way, No Alcohol mind in his house just a nice British cuppa tea.

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
She was below the age that it can be a mutual relationship, he needed the consent of her parents and he did not have that but still took her to France, legally he broke the law. That is not mentioning the whole sleeping with her when she was 14 thing

I'll retract my earlier comments in light of me obviously not being fully aware of the facts. Problem is when I read sick stories in the papers every day with disgust, I gradually start looking at them from a different perspective. Here, I thought there were some mitigating factors, but obviously his position of power as a teacher is a gross breach of trust. So jail is definitely the correct sentence, especially as he's shown no remorse. BUT, compared to lenient sentences for "worse" crimes, I'm just left scratching my head a bit with the courts and legal process. It's all relative, and that's what I was thinking about - how this compares to other incidences of child sex abuse.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
I'm uncomfortable about all this. Not just the case itself, but the extreme views some people appear to have. It seems to be mostly a case for 'string him up' or 'let's see it from his point of view'. My feelings are somewhat in the middle of the two - yes, he did wrong, yes, he deserves a custodial sentence etc.. Does his life deserve to be ruined for this? IMO, no. Has he a history of any similar 'leanings'? Apparently not. Is it possible he just got carried away? Yes. Does that excuse him? No. Is his sentence harsh? In my opinion, yes - when balanced against other more (again, in my opinion) more serious offences of this type.

For those of you who seem so willing to label him a 'paedo' - I assume you are basing your opinion on the Law? If so, what if you were to wait (assuming you were of a similar age to him) until the girl was 16? I take it that would be (legally) okay? What if your watch was 10 mins fast and you did the deed at 23.50 (while she was still 15)....would you still comfortably label someone a paedo?

Surely it cannot be so clearly defined - there are clearly reasons to take cases on an individual basis. On this occasion, in my view, the punishment does not befit the crime. Yes, he screwed up big time and yes, he deserves punishment, but this..?

My experience with these debates is it is very difficult to steer a middle ground. If he was truly suffering from depression then I can easily understand his judgement being impaired. Very few of us will not have suffered a loss of judgement at some point.

In this case he has strayed in to an abuse of a position of trust and deservedly is being punished. Whether 5.5 years is a justified level of punishment is worthy of discussion. My view? Seems excessive, but I understand it. Teachers need to comprehend the special trust placed in them and he missed this.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here