am i the only one who feels sorry for the forrest teacher dude going to jail?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
I am struggling with this thread. I really am. How can fully grown men think this is excusable?

My Fourteen year old daughter is an STH in the North Stand with my son and I. I really can't believe that some people on here would be looking at her in that way. It defies belief. I'm outta this thread before I throw up my lunch.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
so if he waited a few more months - its all ok then? heheh........if two ppl are in love, they tend to get jiggy - its natural.

also, you can't call a sexually active 15 year old girl a child.

saying it is an infactuation is subjective - some ppl meet at school and stay together for years (admittidly usually pupils and pupils)....but back to my OP - 4.5 years in a cage for this is extremelly unjust.

in many countries marrying a girl who i old enough to give birth (err, nature is telling us something here maybe) is fine.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
so if he waited a few more months - its all ok then? heheh........if two ppl are in love, they tend to get jiggy - its natural.

saying it is an infactuation is subjective - some ppl meet at school and stay together for years (admittidly usually pupils and pupils)....but back to my OP - 4.5 years in a cage for this is extremelly unjust.

in many countries marrying a girl who i old enough to give birth (err, nature is telling us something here maybe) is fine.

He was her teacher, she was his pupil. No 30 year old teacher should 'get jiggy' with a 15 year old pupil, what part of that do you not understand

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
I am struggling with this thread. I really am. How can fully grown men think this is excusable?

My Fourteen year old daughter is an STH in the North Stand with my son and I. I really can't believe that some people on here would be looking at her in that way. It defies belief. I'm outta this thread before I throw up my lunch.

so when you were at school, you never fancied a 15 year old? you never got fondle-touchy-kissy with a 15 year old when you were 15?

i can guarantee you mate, boys at your girls school look at her that way - surrender to it, its called puberty.
sigh.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill

Do you have any contact with children in your life?

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
He was her teacher, she was his pupil. No 30 year old teacher should 'get jiggy' with a 15 year old pupil, what part of that do you not understand

And this was the reason the relationship was wrong.

If he truly loves (loved) her, they should have waited until she had left school.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011

but love cuts goes thro those things (e.g. romeo and juliet etc), and from reading the timeline, and this weeks stories, these two seem to be in love........wierd i know - the age gap, but out of 70m people this will happens sometimes.

if we start punishing that with 4 years in a cage, the society is pretty broken.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
so when you were at school, you never fancied a 15 year old? you never got fondle-touchy-kissy with a 15 year old when you were 15?

i can guarantee you mate, boys at your girls school look at her that way - surrender to it, its called puberty.
sigh.

Can you not see the difference between a 15 year old boy getting tops and fingers off a classmate and the 30 year old schoolteacher doing it?

You need to think about this. Seriously..you really need to consider why one is a crime and the other not.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
but love cuts goes thro those things (e.g. romeo and juliet etc), and from reading the timeline, and this weeks stories, these two seem to be in love........wierd i know - the age gap, but out of 70m people this will happens sometimes.

if we start punishing that with 4 years in a cage, the society is pretty broken.

You do not understand the difference between love and lust. Love wants the best for the other person. He abused a position of trust for lust.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill

And that would apply if she was 13 say? Would love cut through that? How far are you willing to dismiss wrong-doing due to love?

fataddick

Feb 6, 2004
The seaside.
The age of consent was only introduced in the UK to combat child prostitution in the Victorian era. It has steadily been increased whilst at the same time children/teenagers have (in general) become emotionally mature earlier, which seems something of a dichotomy. Also, picking an arbitrary number at which people can be consensual is logically flawed, given not just variable levels of mental maturity but also how much the chosen number varies by country/state/legislature - many European nations have an age of consent of 12/13/14, for example, whereas other countries have it at 18 or (in the case of many Asian countries) there is no age of consent as sex outside of marriage is flat-out banned, the latter situation just has the knock on effect of girls being married off as children.

The only logical approach (and it won't ever happen, because politicians and a kneejerk section of the public hate anything that's logical) would be to abolish the age of consent completely, but bring in a raft of other laws - some of which already exist - with regard to positions of trust/duty of care, the exploitation of the vulnerable (eg youngsters with learning difficulties, emotional or mental problems, etc) and so forth, together with a blanket ban on pre-pubescent sex (even between those of the same age). Taking the whole arbitrary age issue out of the equation would help create a more logical and consistent legal framework and range of sentencing compared to what we currently have.

This is a broader point, incidentally, rather than anything specifically related to the case under discussion, for which existing 'position of trust' laws have been applied anyway.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
again, a 15 year old sexually active female is not a kid.....and, again, (bit weird i know) - they were in love.

Are you actually being serious or just trying to provoke a reaction?

Have you read the judges summary. This was a troubled 14 year old girl who needed help and guidance from a teacher, a person in a position of absoulte trust. However he chose to groom her and begin a sexual relationship when she turned 15. Her first sexual relationship if you read the judges summary. It was wrong and he got everything he deserved.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
again, a 15 year old sexually active female is not a kid.....and, again, (bit weird i know) - they were in love.

A 15 year old is by definition a kid. And again...he manipulated a vulnerable girl's feelings. 15 year olds do not have the emotional maturity that 30 year olds would have.

And a further point...how sexually active was she? Up until this teacher came along it was non-existent.

You're a wrong 'un and not in a funny way.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
So are you saying the moment a child becomes sexually active she becomes an adult no matter what age she is?

I guess that's what nature intended.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports