am i the only one who feels sorry for the forrest teacher dude going to jail?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
what most of you are missing is two things....

a) they are STILL in love.

b) Hall kiddie fiddled 9 year olds and got 15 months, and this dude has got 4.5 years.

c) out of 70 million people, every now and then a 15 year old and an older man will fall in love.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
yeah i am not commenting on the sentencing, but the reaction on here by some. it was treated with far more levity than this case.

Fair point, then.

Although disturbingly, this current one is also being treated pretty lightly by a few too many.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
In terms purely of the teacher pupil relationship, the age is immaterial. It is an abuse of power and a breach of trust pure and simple whether she is 8, 10, 14, 15, 17 ,18 or whatever. Grown men teaching children need to keep their trousers firmly zipped or buttoned in their vicinity, not wave their willies at them.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I posted earlier that my daughter is 14 also. I think her parents should accept some responsibility but ultimately he is 100% out of order and has received his comeuppance by way of a 5.5 year prison term.
Trust me, I'd still be wanting a quiet word in his ear when he gets out. Worst mistake of his life had he chosen my daughter I tell ya!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I posted earlier that my daughter is 14 also. I think her parents should accept some responsibility but ultimately he is 100% out of order and has received his comeuppance by way of a 5.5 year prison term.
Trust me, I'd still be wanting a quiet word in his ear when he gets out. Worst mistake of his life had he chosen my daughter I tell ya!

If your daughter did hypothetically end up in such a situation would you deserve a slapping for not being a decent parent if that is how these situations arise?

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes

b) Hall kiddie fiddled 9 year olds and got 15 months, and this dude has got 4.5 years.

c) out of 70 million people, every now and then a 15 year old and an older man will fall in love.

No no no no no. He may be in love, she is a child having an infatuation!
She will have moved on with her life by the time he gets out. If she truly loves him then she'll be waiting for him. She won't be waiting!

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill

a) nothing to do with with the offences he committed
b) the Hall case is nothing to do with this case
c) does not mean the man has to sleep with the child

Are you seriously saying what he did can be forgiven because 'they are still in love'?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

a) I'm sure she is. It's only been a few days since they were together. Her feelings are as a result of him grooming her.

b) I agree the sentencing seems to be all over the place but he committed a sex crime with a child he was trusted with looking after.

c) err.....are you a spoof account that I haven't twigged onto yet?

This thread is depressing yet scary at the same time. Are there really adult men who empathise with the teacher?

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex

Please read post #278 - written by someone who has clearly taken the trouble to look at the facts of the case.
You might also consider that Hall got off lightly instead of assuming Forrest was harshly treated.
And every now and then out of 70 million people an adult will break the laws protecting under age children and hopefully will be dealt with by the courts.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
If your daughter did hypothetically end up in such a situation would you deserve a slapping for not being a decent parent if that is how these situations arise?

Hypothetically or otherwise, it wouldn't happen. My kids have been brought up to show respect to others but to know that if they have problems then they can talk to me or my wife about anything.
This guy should never have been allowed or trusted to work with children. This whole affair has nothing at all to do with love for each other, it's about neglect from other people from both sides of this sorry situation IMO.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I agree what he did was wrong. Very wrong.

They should have waited.

However the sentence is completely outrageous.

A statement that leaves me lost for words!
I'll come back later before I cop a ban!

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
Why don't you just go off on a tangent?

Clearly, you don't have a daughter.

If you are defending this bloke (I haven't read the whole thread), then I feel for you. I really do. You may need some help if you think this is OK.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports