Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

am i the only one who feels sorry for the forrest teacher dude going to jail?

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
there is something desperately wrong with our justice system
Stewart Hall 15 months
this guy five and half years

This week the scales of British justice are extremely top heavy this week, there is no doubt that he had to be punished but up against Halls 32 days in prison for each of his victims, 5 and a half years is very harsh.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
She was 14, when as a bulimic, self-harming, emotionally troubled girl she looked to her schoolteacher for support.

14, when he sat next to her on a transatlantic flight to a school trip in the States, slipping off his wedding ring and telling her about his marital situation.

14, when he held hands with her round Disneyland, ignoring the warnings of fellow teachers of how his actions looked.

14, when he texted images to her phone, of himself, near-naked on his sofe, with his hands down his underpants.

14, when he encouraged her to send him topless photos

14, when he kissed her in his classroom

14, when he invited her to his marital home and cooked her a meal

But yes, fair play, he did wait until she was 15 before he had sex with her in her school uniform.
If dougdeep can't see these facts for what they are then maybe he should change his name to dougCREEP.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
there is something desperately wrong with our justice system
Stewart Hall 15 months
this guy five and half years

Yes, agreed. Both in positions of trust that they abused. One can only hope that Hall's 7 1/2 months will be sheer hell and someone else who had been abused by him comes forward on ha release to put him straight back in.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I am not sure anyone has said it is ok. Some people have questioned the labelling of all abusers under the same title, all being called paedo's and the length of sentances handed down. If this had happened in Canada it would be a non issue, therefore you are labelling the whole Canadian population in the same manner. In some South American countries it is 12. I think 16 is correct and he abused his position. What he did was clearly wrong and he has paid for it so justice has been served. The punishment people want made not be forthcoming as apparently he has been happier in prison than he has been for years and loves it in there which shows even more he is not the full ticket and whilst intelligent has some serious demons in his head.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
If this had happened in Canada it would be a non issue, therefore you are labelling the whole Canadian population in the same manner.

What an utterly ridiculous statement.

It is okay in Canada for school-teachers to sexually groom their vunerable 14 year old charges?

And the entire Canadian population partakes, or is complicit in it? Really?

Why don't you see that in focussing so closely on just her age you are missing the crux of why what he has done is so wrong, and so damaging - to this girl, to his own career and to his fellow professionals.

The punishment people want made not be forthcoming as apparently he has been happier in prison than he has been for years and loves it in there.

hang on. I thought he was madly in love with this young girl? How come he was so happy having been forcibly kept apart from her for 9 months?

Last edited:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
What an utterly ridiculous statement.

It is okay in Canada for school-tecahers to sexually groom their vunerable 14 year old charges?

And the entire Canadian population partakes, or is complicit in it? Really?

hang on. I thought he was madly in love with this young girl? How come he was so happy having been forcibly kept apart from her for 9 months?

I don't know I am not in his brain. No it is not right for a Canadian teacher to have sex with a 14 year old as it is an abuse of position but not illegal in that country. Anyway he has gone down, justice served. Next topic please.

Mar 13, 2012
I am not sure anyone has said it is ok. Some people have questioned the labelling of all abusers under the same title, all being called paedo's and the length of sentances handed down. If this had happened in Canada it would be a non issue, therefore you are labelling the whole Canadian population in the same manner. In some South American countries it is 12. I think 16 is correct and he abused his position. What he did was clearly wrong and he has paid for it so justice has been served. The punishment people want made not be forthcoming as apparently he has been happier in prison than he has been for years and loves it in there which shows even more he is not the full ticket and whilst intelligent has some serious demons in his head.

I think you need to update yourself on Canadian law.

http://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/rp-pr/other-autre/clp/faq.html

He was her teacher in a position of trust - NO excuses

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The discussion of the sex register, it's relevance, structure and use is arguably one that needs to happen. There is clearly a difference between Forrest's crime and one where an 8 year boy is raped and left in a ditch.

However, none of that should detract from the fact that Forrest was in the wrong and deserves to go down for a stretch. I have no sympathy for him.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Why are you so angry Hans ? why and is it right for a " mod " to be personally insulting members ? You have lost the plot old son. Take a ****ing chill pill and relax for gods sake.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
It serves a very clear purpose in that it gives a strong message to similarly-inclined men in positions of authority over children (like school teachers) that this kind of behaviour is unacceptable in a civilised society

People should be punished for a crime they've been found guilty of within the sentencing guidelines - they shouldn't get an overly heavy sentence just to deter other people.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Why are you so angry Hans ? why and is it right for a " mod " to be personally insulting members ? You have lost the plot old son. Take a ****ing chill pill and relax for gods sake.

I'm a father to two kids, aged 12 and 14. Bloody right I'm angry at some of the comments on this thread, and the attitudes and moral compass that they betray. Absolutely fuming, tbh. This guys actions were utterly, utterly deplorable on so many levels, and the making light of what he's done by you and others is disgraceful. You should be ashamed of your self.

Sorry about calling you a moron, though. I don't want to derail a serious discussion into petty name calling. Your assertion however that it "would not be against the law for a Canadian schoolteacher to have sex with a 14 year old pupil" was pretty stupid.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Glad to see you've done away with the full stop after the question mark. You just need to lose the space before the question mark and have a double space after it, and you'll be back with the rest of the English speaking world.

At that point, I will be bang on-board the "Stop bullying Gav" bus. :thumbsup:

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Is the legal age of consent In Canada 14 ? That was my point, if it is not I am indeed a moron.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Glad to see you've done away with the full stop after the question mark. You just need to lose the space before the question mark and have a double space after it, and you'll be back with the rest of the English speaking world.

At that point, I will be bang on-board the "Stop bullying Gav" bus. :thumbsup:

Thanks mate. I have you to thank for my continued self improvement.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I'm a father to two kids, aged 12 and 14. Bloody right I'm angry at some of the comments on this thread, and the attitudes and moral compass that they betray. Absolutely fuming, tbh. This guys actions were utterly, utterly deplorable on so many levels, and the making light of what he's done by you and others is disgraceful. You should be ashamed of your self.

Sorry about calling you a moron, though. I don't want to derail a serious discussion into petty name calling. Your assertion however that it "would not be against the law for a Canadian schoolteacher to have sex with a 14 year old pupil" was pretty stupid.

I have not made light of his wrongdoing in anyway whatsoever. The crux of my argument is the scale of things. You could be right and he may be a vile paedo who would have gone onto to continue his crimes. You might not be. We are having an exchange of thoughts, that is all.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Is the legal age of consent In Canada 14 ? That was my point, if it is not I am indeed a moron.

The age of consent in Canada is 16. You are indeed a moron.

And even if it WAS 14 (as it was pre 2006) it would STILL have been illegal because of the teacher's position of 'trust or influence'.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
However, none of that should detract from the fact that Forrest was in the wrong and deserves to go down for a stretch. I have no sympathy for him.

The stupid thing about this thread is that all the people arguing probably agree with that statement.

It's the lack of understanding and trying to paint the bloke as some kind of evil superpaedo bushdodging nonceking that is the issue.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here