am i the only one who feels sorry for the forrest teacher dude going to jail?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
In virtually every other modern Western European country 15 is above the legal age of consent.

To call him a paedophile is factually incorrect and to call this child abuse is ridiculous.

FWIW I think what he did was totally wrong, but I don't think sending him to jail or punishing him in any way serves any purpose.

It's just a very sad story.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
FWIW I think what he did was totally wrong, but I don't think sending him to jail or punishing him in any way serves any purpose..

It serves a very clear purpose in that it gives a strong message to similarly-inclined men in positions of authority over children (like school teachers) that this kind of behaviour is unacceptable in a civilised society

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
In virtually every other modern Western European country 15 is above the legal age of consent.

To call him a paedophile is factually incorrect and to call this child abuse is ridiculous.

FWIW I think what he did was totally wrong, but I don't think sending him to jail or punishing him in any way serves any purpose.

FFS.

He doesn't live in another country. He lives here, and offended here. Plus the relationship started when she was 14, not 15.

To call him a paedophile is factually incorrect .

Agreed

and to call this child abuse is ridiculous.

Strongly disagree.

I don't think sending him to jail or punishing him in any way serves any purpose.

Yes it does. It punishes him for his deplorable actions, and it demonstrates that such crimes are not acceptable, and that the teaching profession is not a handy career choice for sickos and inadequates who fancy corrupting under-age girls.

Yes it is.

This thread is almost as sad, too.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Dear Mr Kray. Just because somebody has a different opinion to you, it doesn't necessarily mean that they are wrong or stupid.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Dear Mr Kray. Just because somebody has a different opinion to you, it doesn't necessarily mean that they are wrong or stupid.

Yes, that's entirely true.

Are you going to answer my question now? Why is it harsh that this man is being punished in this way? Please.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes

He abused his position and took advantage of a vulnerable teenager who is still learning her way in the world. My daughter is 14 and very mature for her age but if one of her teachers thought that he had the right to take advantage of her I would kill him.
He overstepped the mark, end of! Minimum 3 years is what he should be looking at!
I work with teachers regularly and some of them do show unbelievable immaturity. This guy falls into this category and must serve a sentence befitting his crime.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton

True
But in this case, it does suggest that they have some highly suspect views on the abuse and exploitation of children

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Yes, that's entirely true.

Are you going to answer my question now? Why is it harsh that this man is being punished in this way? Please.

The sex offenders register should have different levels. Is this teacher as bad as a peado that scours playgrounds? This man should go to jail but I'm not sure how being cited as a pervert will do any good to anyone.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The sex offenders register should have different levels. Is this teacher as bad as a peado that scours playgrounds? This man should go to jail but I'm not sure how being cited as a pervert will do any good to anyone.

I've no idea if there are or are not distinctions within that register. Is he 'as bad'? No, probably not. Would he present a future danger to vunerable teenage girls in his charge if his previous actions were not recorded and made aware to future prospective employers? Yes, I think he would.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006

You don't think a 30 year old married teacher having sex with a 14 year old pupil is perverted? Have I got that right? I'd be interested to know what you regard as perverted.

Actually, scrub that last comment. I'm not sure I do want to know.

HovaGirl

I'll try a breakfast pie
Jul 16, 2009
West Hove
He's not being jailed because they're in love, but because he took advantage of a minor while in a position of authority as her teacher. At 15, she's probably infatuated, rather than in love, and he should have realised that. If he was truly in love, he would have waited until she matured, had left school and was in a better position to know and understand her own feelings. A sentence such as this is a reminder to all people with authority over children that they have a duty of care, and that includes emotional care.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He is going down for a five and a half year stretch.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
He is going down for a five and a half year stretch.

there is something desperately wrong with our justice system
Stewart Hall 15 months
this guy five and half years

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
She was 15.

She was 14, when as a bulimic, self-harming, emotionally troubled girl she looked to her schoolteacher for support.

14, when he sat next to her on a transatlantic flight to a school trip in the States, slipping off his wedding ring and telling her about his marital situation.

14, when he held hands with her round Disneyland, ignoring the warnings of fellow teachers of how his actions looked.

14, when he texted images to her phone, of himself, near-naked on his sofe, with his hands down his underpants.

14, when he encouraged her to send him topless photos

14, when he kissed her in his classroom

14, when he invited her to his marital home and cooked her a meal

But yes, fair play, he did wait until she was 15 before he had sex with her in her school uniform.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
She was 15.

She was 14 when he started grooming her, they were kissing each other when she was 14 too (we'll never know what else they were doing) but even if she was 15 it would still have been perverted.

edit - HKFC answered it much better. I'm just shocked that grown men seem to think that it's okay for this to happen*

*the abduction and sex with a pupil. I didn't mean HKFC answering it better than me.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports