Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

am i the only one who feels sorry for the forrest teacher dude going to jail?

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Abduction? What I read was she was happy to go with him on her own free will. Can't recall any evidence that he tapped her mouth, rolled her in Carpet and bundled her into his boot.

That isn't the definition of Abduction. That's kidnap. Two very different offences, with two very different penalties. There is no force involved in abduction. The child does not go against their will. It's the fact he didn't have consent to take her from her legal guardian. How complicit she was is ENTIRELY irrelevant.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
That doesn't make sense - the word statutory means "enacted by statute" which is exactly what the Sexual Offences Act does - it is because a piece of paper, (Sexual Offences Act), says that someone below the age of 16 cannot give consent that the offence is called "statutory rape".

Which isn't actually true, by the way. Only if the victim is under 13 do you get charged with statutory rape. If the victim is between 13 and 16 and is consenting it is an offence of Sexual Activity with a Childer under 16.

Camicus

I bet the same amount of men, if not more, will experience violence in their lives.

This stat was due to the fact that someone said that the teacher would probably treat her better than a boyfriend her age. What a load of bollocks. If anything women who get in relationships with men who are much older than them often get their self-esteem slowly eroded by the bloke over the years because he knows that there's a massive mis-match in attractiveness. This is abusive in itself.

Thanks for judging my relationship. When I first met my GF I ran a mile on the grounds of the age difference and attitudes like this. I know Im an attractive bloke and I know she's a very attractive woman but we are both comfortable with ourselves and each other so as far as I can see your talking bollocks. Her self esteem is high as she is a feisty self reliant stong woman you have to be to put up with attitudes like that as well as family disapproval and the way society views you in general

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
That isn't the definition of Abduction. That's kidnap. Two very different offences, with two very different penalties. There is no force involved in abduction. The child does not go against their will. It's the fact he didn't have consent to take her from her legal guardian. How complicit she was is ENTIRELY irrelevant.

Which isn't actually true, by the way. Only if the victim is under 13 do you get charged with statutory rape. If the victim is between 13 and 16 and is consenting it is an offence of Sexual Activity with a Childer under 16.

Thanks.

I am always grateful for DMC's input into threads like these. Facts as opposed to assumptions and guesses.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
The thing is it was not a moment of weakness though! It went on for ages. As a former school governor, I would be most concerned that the school did bugger all to nip this in the bud and this was not an isolated case from this particular school.

He should not have encouraged her...simple as!

Yes he may not be a peado in the strictest term of someone who abuses children, but he encouraged an under age minor to have sex with him and run away without telling anyone....I can see why this is abduction. He broke the law. That is the bottom line.

I assume the op is not a parent btw!

Not only is it abduction, but he should also be charged with all the sex offences that he has so far escaped. His behaviuour is utterly deplorable.

Seriously, those of you posting nonsense on here along the lines of "It wasn't abusive - she was up for it" need to stop and think a bit harder.

This was a FOURTEEN year old CHILD, who was having problems at home. She was clearly very vunerable - she was self-harming and suffering from an eating disorder. She needed support, and this man, entrusted with her education and well-being, sent pictures of himself in his pants, encouraged her to send topless pictures to him, took her to his martial home, in her school uniform to have sex with her (she was 15 by that part). Anyone who thinks this is in ANY way acceptable, regardless of the girl's declarations of 'true love', has some seriously wrong views, and I pray to god none of you are involved with young people in any way.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
So let's imagine that she waits for him and they move away together. He can't get a job because he's on the sex offenders register. Does seem a little harsh.

Not only is it abduction, but he should also be charged with all the sex offences that he has so far escaped. His behaviuour is utterly deplorable.

Seriously, those of you posting nonsense on here along the lines of "It wasn't abusive - she was up for it" need to stop and think a bit harder.

This was a FOURTEEN year old CHILD, who was having problems at home. She was clearly very vunerable - she was self-harming and suffering from an eating disorder. She needed support, and this man, entrusted with her education and well-being, sent pictures of himself in his pants, encouraged her to send topless pictures to him, took her to his martial home, in her school uniform to have sex with her (she was 15 by that part). Anyone who thinks this is in ANY way acceptable, regardless of the girl's declarations of 'true love', has some seriously wrong views, and I pray to god none of you are involved with young people in any way.

This.

Anyone who can find ANY form of justification for this bloke is either on a wind up or a wrong un.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Thanks for judging my relationship. When I first met my GF I ran a mile on the grounds of the age difference and attitudes like this. I know Im an attractive bloke and I know she's a very attractive woman but we are both comfortable with ourselves and each other so as far as I can see your talking bollocks. Her self esteem is high as she is a feisty self reliant stong woman you have to be to put up with attitudes like that as well as family disapproval and the way society views you in general

I didn't judge your relationship, so wind your neck in. Your bird was 19 when you met; there is a world of difference between that and a vulnerable, but legal, 16-17 year school kid.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
So let's imagine that she waits for him and they move away together. He can't get a job because he's on the sex offenders register. Does seem a little harsh.

How young would the recipient of his semi-naked pictures and target of his schoolgirl fixation need to be, before you WOULD consider it a sexual offence?

Thirteen?

Eleven?

Seagull kimchi

Oct 8, 2010
Korea and India
As a teacher - the fact that he was her teacher makes this wrong. Even if i fell for a sexy 19 year old 'uni' student who i was tutoring - i would insist she found a new tutor before engaging in any hanky panky.

But i'm married and just wouldn't - oh yer - he was married too.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton

This, 100%.

I'm astonished, and somewhat depressed by the number of people posting on here apparently coming up with half-baked excuses and justifications for what seems to me to be a clear-cut case of abuse and exploitation, which has been appropriately prosecuted and tried, and is likely to lead to an entirely justified sentence.

If opinion on NSC is anything like a random cross-section of local, adult male perceptions then I fear we have a wider problem of potential child abuse than I had previously thought.

For what it's worth, I'm not a supporter of populist witch-hunts and vendettas against "paedos" and "nonces", just common sense, rigorous application of existing laws in this area.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
This, 100%.

I'm astonished, and somewhat depressed by the number of people posting on here apparently coming up with half-baked excuses and justifications for what seems to me to be a clear-cut case of abuse and exploitation, which has been appropriately prosecuted and tried, and is likely to lead to an entirely justified sentence.

Very much. So depressing. Some incredible views.

Camicus

Very much. So depressing. Some incredible views.

Just to be clear I 100% condem his behaviour an attitude he took advantage of his position and abused the power he held over this girl and should be sent to nick for a very long time. IF it was a mutual love job and not abuse they should have waited

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
How young would the recipient of his semi-naked pictures and target of his schoolgirl fixation need to be, before you WOULD consider it a sexual offence?

Thirteen?

Eleven?

Why don't you just go off on a tangent?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Thirteen?

Eleven?

Why don't you just go off on a tangent?

Why don't you answer the question? Or defend your point of view. How is it 'HARSH' that a sexual predator who has very clearly been found to have abused his position of trust, to seduce a troubled 14 year old child, be made to sign the register?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here