am i the only one who feels sorry for the forrest teacher dude going to jail?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
You can't have a a reasonable debate about morality if you keep hiding behind the law. If we don't question the law we will only ever stand still, you need to have a mind of your own. She can and did say it's ok.

Personally I think the law is about right as it is, but there needs to be some room for manouver depending on the individuals involved.

I agree and some cases of statutory rape can be complicated but I don't see any complications when one party is a 30 year old teacher and the other is one of his 14 year old pupils?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I agree and some cases of statutory rape can be complicated but I don't see any complications when one party is a 30 year old teacher and the other is one of his 14 year old pupils?

Indeed, he's going to get banged up for this, I think the bloke is an idiot. I'm the same age as him and wouldn't dream of touching up a 15 year old.

I'm just trying to look at the bigger picture here and understand the reasons why these things happen and to what degree someone of 15 can be making conscious decisions, rather than take the tabloid view of sex case sex case hang him hang him hang him.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I have spent most of my life in education and there are clear and abiding tenets regarding the relationship between teacher and pupil. The power to influence is enormous. Abusing that power by using it to control an unformed mind is unacceptable

Put all reasoned argument aside though.........if it were my daughter he would be wearing his testicles as a necklace

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
Indeed, he's going to get banged up for this, I think the bloke is an idiot. I'm the same age as him and wouldn't dream of touching up a 15 year old.

I'm just trying to look at the bigger picture here and understand the reasons why these things happen and to what degree someone of 15 can be making conscious decisions, rather than take the tabloid view of sex case sex case hang him hang him hang him.

I have been thinking about that scene from McVicar this evening a lot.
There are very grown up girls at 15, ones who know their own minds, ones who know right from wrong and can look after themselves. Sadly not all girls of 15 are like that, some do need protection until they have matured a little more. In order for parents to give them that protection the law says 16 is the age of legal consent. Other countries have younger limit, Spain set it at 13! It can seem arbitrary but for the law to provide that protection there has to be a set limit/age, that's how the law works.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
There are some really pathetic opinions on this thread. Far too many Sun readers in this world.
Oh and far too many drama queens.
His actions were not wrong and deserve to be punished, but he's not a nonce. Nothing I hate more than people being tarred with the "paedo" brush when they clearly aren't.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Nothing I hate more than people being tarred with the "paedo" brush when they clearly aren't.

Even worse when they're tarred with the "peado" brush.

Why is it, that the people who tend to use this particular word the most, are frequently the least able to spell it correctly?

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Even worse when they're tarred with the "peado" brush.

Why is it, that the people who tend to use this particular word the most, are frequently the least able to spell it correctly?

Are you sure about that?

I always thought it was "paedo", a quick check on google tells me that's the correct spelling in england.

Americans spell it the way you've suggested, if we're going to use that version then we should also start calling Jeremy Forrest a math teacher.

Richard Tiltmans Shin Pad

Rustingtons' Mr Guiness
Jan 10, 2012
North Stand, Row Q
they obviously loved eachother.

she was 15, and in tons of countries you can marry at that age.

old enought to bleed, old enough to breed......15 year old girls have pretty much ALL had sex these days and are much more mature than 15 year old boys.

i could understand the problem if it was against her will, but she loved him too.

leave them too it i say.

now he will go to jail, get beaten up, and lose all reputation.....for what? loving a girl who also loved him?

4 pages of disagreements should pass the time till gus gets sacked.

As the father of a 14 year old girl, I find your "Old enough to bleed....." comment utterly repugnant. You really should have a good look at yourself in the mirror this morning.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Are you sure about that?

I always thought it was "paedo", a quick check on google tells me that's the correct spelling in england.

Americans spell it the way you've suggested, if we're going to use that version then we should also start calling Jeremy Forrest a math teacher.

I thought Edna meant that those who throw the word around so liberally are generally the thickies who can't even spell it.

I stand to be corrected though!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
The World Health Organisation states that over 1 in 3 women will experience violence at some stage during their lives.

You know what that equates to in numbers? Over a billion women will have such experiences.

That would be what makes me think that. Unless you wish to dispute the World Health Organisation?

I bet the same amount of men, if not more, will experience violence in their lives.

This stat was due to the fact that someone said that the teacher would probably treat her better than a boyfriend her age. What a load of bollocks. If anything women who get in relationships with men who are much older than them often get their self-esteem slowly eroded by the bloke over the years because he knows that there's a massive mis-match in attractiveness. This is abusive in itself.

marshy68

Jul 10, 2011
Brighton
Abduction? What I read was she was happy to go with him on her own free will. Can't recall any evidence that he tapped her mouth, rolled her in Carpet and bundled her into his boot.

He is guilty of child abduction because she is a minor and needs her parents consent to leAve the country. Regardless of her desire to be with him.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
As the father of a 14 year old girl, I find your "Old enough to bleed....." comment utterly repugnant. You really should have a good look at yourself in the mirror this morning.

Of course he won't look at himself in the mirror this morning.

This is because the OP is trying to pretend this is a fishing post, however this is what the OP actually believes.

It is quite a repugnant view and unfortunate that he (assuming it must be a he) has it.

The OP is clearly too chicken to come back on and join in the thread he has started.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I bet the same amount of men, if not more, will experience violence in their lives.

This stat was due to the fact that someone said that the teacher would probably treat her better than a boyfriend her age. What a load of bollocks. If anything women who get in relationships with men who are much older than them often get their self-esteem slowly eroded by the bloke over the years because he knows that there's a massive mis-match in attractiveness. This is abusive in itself.

So you know him personally and know how he'd treat her?

How about this. If anything younger women who get into relationships with older men often run the relationship as the older man dotes after them and provides for everything they need sometimes to the point of being used.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
So you know him personally and know how he'd treat her?

How about this. If anything younger women who get into relationships with older men often run the relationship as the older man dotes after them and provides for everything they need sometimes to the point of being used.

That's younger women who are adults in their 20s and clued up, yes you're right; the women will often take full advantage. However, I'm talking about when a older man is with a naive teenager, not necessarily an illegal relationship, but the older bloke will nearly always use her vulnerability and naively to his advantage, and she'll be oblivious to the fact that she could do much better.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I agree this guy will most likely end up in a lower category prison but in the short term he could well be in a higher category place like Lewes. So many inmates in higher category prisons are in a fragile state, many are HIV and Hep C positive plus psychologically fragile and that's before you get to the characters in the segregation wing. So this guy is in for a hell of a shock and his days and nights are going to be very oppressive. Days will be like weeks and weeks like months etc. Plenty of time to reflect on his moments of weakness.

The thing is it was not a moment of weakness though! It went on for ages. As a former school governor, I would be most concerned that the school did bugger all to nip this in the bud and this was not an isolated case from this particular school.

He should not have encouraged her...simple as!

Yes he may not be a peado in the strictest term of someone who abuses children, but he encouraged an under age minor to have sex with him and run away without telling anyone....I can see why this is abduction. He broke the law. That is the bottom line.

I assume the op is not a parent btw!

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
That's younger women who are adults in their 20s and clued up, yes you're right; the women will often take full advantage. However, I'm talking about when a older man is with a naive teenager, not necessarily an illegal relationship, but the older bloke will nearly always use her vulnerability and naively to his advantage, and she'll be oblivious to the fact that she could do much better.

I think there's too many sweeping statements categorizing people into pigeon holes.

Society seems to like to tell people that there's only one type of happiness/love and if you don't fit into that mould then it's wrong and can't work.

Humanity is a pretty diverse collection of thoughts and feelings, to suggest all should be judged by the one rule is foolhardy.

If a couple is happy and loving, sod what others think.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Teachers should not shag their pupils. End of....

5 to 10 years?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports