am i the only one who feels sorry for the forrest teacher dude going to jail?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
That's not the point I was making. It was, from what I understood of the case, a mutual relationship, one in which both parties happily reciprocated. Unlike other cases, where the other person is forced against their will. Hence the popular meaning of the term "abduction".

Misconduct, yes. A breach of trust, possibly. A de facto criminal offence punishable by a lengthy custodial sentence and having to sign the sex offenders' register for life? Not so sure. Yes, the pupil was underage, and yes she was considered vulnerable, but I don't think he took advantage of her.

She was below the age that it can be a mutual relationship, he needed the consent of her parents and he did not have that but still took her to France, legally he broke the law. That is not mentioning the whole sleeping with her when she was 14 thing

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
In answer to the questions "what would you think if it was your 15 year old daughter?"

Well, mostly I would think I've ****ed up pretty badly as a parent.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Answer to original Q. Obviously not. Next

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
She was below the age that it can be a mutual relationship, he needed the consent of her parents and he did not have that but still took her to France, legally he broke the law. That is not mentioning the whole sleeping with her when she was 14 thing

You are taking about abusive relationships. This was not. Two people no matter what thought they loved each other. I draw a line here. He is a troubled guy but not a paedo. He should be given allowances or the law is an arse handing down sentances regardless of circumstances and applying the law without any differences being applied. He is WRONG, I am sure he knows this but a law that applies the same rules despite the facts is wrong. He will have his life ruined now anyway so that in itself is justice of sorts.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
You are taking about abusive relationships. This was not. Two people no matter what thought they loved each other. I draw a line here. He is a troubled guy but not a paedo. He should be given allowances or the law is an arse handing down sentances regardless of circumstances and applying the law without any differences being applied. He is WRONG, I am sure he knows this but a law that applies the same rules despite the facts is wrong. He will have his life ruined now anyway so that in itself is justice of sorts.

No I am not just talking abusive relationships, any sexual relationship involving anyone under age cannot be by mutual consent. The under age person is unable to give legal consent.
She cannot say it's ok for him to have sex with her if she is only 14 or 15, it's against the law.

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012

Have you gone completely batshit unc? Circumstances? His life is ruined and hers is pretty ballsed up too.

I can remember being 14 and I wasn't ready to have an adult relationship with a 30 year old and if I had been seduced by a teacher it would have been a Jesuit brother and life would have been very, very different.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
it was an abusive relationship uncle. i am not being knee jerk or daily mail about this, its simple. 15 year old girls are generally daft as ********s (no matter what people say about teenage girls being more mature than boys, an utter myth) when it comes to blokes and any grown man who takes advantage of that is abusive, in my eyes. add the fact he has a duty of care and it is a horrible situation.

you want to **** kids you go to jail. you go to jail twice if you are their ****ing teacher.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
No I am not just talking abusive relationships, any sexual relationship involving anyone under age cannot be by mutual consent. The under age person is unable to give legal consent.
She cannot say it's ok for him to have sex with her if she is only 14 or 15, it's against the law.

It is indeed against the law and he will get done for it.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
No doubt he'll get some right perverts coming into his cell asking for graphic details. I don't think he should be banged up next to some kiddie fiddler to be honest as there are some really sick nounces in Lewes. He'll stay there for roughly 4 days then be shipped out. Probably Highdown in Surrey but he'll have cell mates just as bad.

I agree this guy will most likely end up in a lower category prison but in the short term he could well be in a higher category place like Lewes. So many inmates in higher category prisons are in a fragile state, many are HIV and Hep C positive plus psychologically fragile and that's before you get to the characters in the segregation wing. So this guy is in for a hell of a shock and his days and nights are going to be very oppressive. Days will be like weeks and weeks like months etc. Plenty of time to reflect on his moments of weakness.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
it was an abusive relationship uncle. i am not being knee jerk or daily mail about this, its simple. 15 year old girls are generally daft as ********s (no matter what people say about teenage girls being more mature than boys, an utter myth) when it comes to blokes and any grown man who takes advantage of that is abusive, in my eyes. add the fact he has a duty of care and it is a horrible situation.

you want to **** kids you go to jail. you go to jail twice if you are their ****ing teacher.

Fair enough. He will go down for it. He should do. I just would like a system of law that makes seperate decisions and makes rulings based on them.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
It's kind of sad for the girl I'd think.

She'll probably now go onto have relationships with guys her own age who'll treat her like shit, destroy her self confidence,use her like a piece of meat. Hell given how common physical and verbal abuse is in relationships she's probably got a slap or two in her life to look forward too.

The important thing though is that at least they are her own age aye.
Probably got a slap or two to look forward to ? I'm guessing you're making this assumption on how your mates treat their birds ? If so , you're mates are a crowd of cvnts, if not ,what on earth makes you think that?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

Probably got a slap or two to look forward to ? I'm guessing you're making this assumption on how your mates treat their birds ? If so , you're mates are a crowd of cvnts, if not ,what on earth makes you think that?

Two absolutely spot on posts. I literally cannot believe some of the sh1t being posted on this thread.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I hope he goes to prison for a couple of years. I don't have any kids of my own, but I do know that when teachers take advantage of vulnerable teenagers and have clandestine sexual relationships with them it can leave them mentally scarred and ****ed up for years.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
After reading quite alot of opinions on twitter it seems women have a vastly different view of this to men (on the whole)

I haven't read one woman call him a paedo or that they hope he gets a slap.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
If you are in a position of authority (meaning you are educated) with people not classed as adults (meaning you have been trained in your responsibilities) you KNOW they are verboten.

Even if you have charge over youngsters who are legally adults, as someone said, the stuff in their heads is for most of them, as ripe as a green plumb. They need to be left to work it out with their peers. Wiley older folk should keep away.

I teach 18-21 year olds. They are in an unequal relationship with me. Legal, but in my view, and most views, verboten. (Plus I'm old enough to be their grandad so its also a bit grotesque, but that's a matter of aesthetics).

Unless this bloke is unfit to plead (he's educated and strategic, so that's unlikely), his narcissistic disregard of the law, and this kid, will see him spending a great deal of time hoping he won't drop the soap in the HMP showers . . . .

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Elvis Presley probably had a 14-15 year old Priscilla, funny how he's not remembered as a paedo and they both ended up getting married and having a child.

Ironically if two of the biggest entertainers the world has ever seen, Elvis and Charlie Chaplin, we're around today and behaved in the same way they did previously they would be classed as paedos.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
That doesn't make sense - the word statutory means "enacted by statute" which is exactly what the Sexual Offences Act does - it is because a piece of paper, (Sexual Offences Act), says that someone below the age of 16 cannot give consent that the offence is called "statutory rape".

You can't have a a reasonable debate about morality if you keep hiding behind the law. If we don't question the law we will only ever stand still, you need to have a mind of your own. She can and did say it's ok.

Personally I think the law is about right as it is, but there needs to be some room for manouver depending on the individuals involved.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia

The World Health Organisation states that over 1 in 3 women will experience violence at some stage during their lives.

You know what that equates to in numbers? Over a billion women will have such experiences.

That would be what makes me think that. Unless you wish to dispute the World Health Organisation?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports