Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

am i the only one who feels sorry for the forrest teacher dude going to jail?

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
That is exactly what statutory rape is - sex without consent - the Sexual Offences Act 2003 states that a person under the age of 16 cannot give consent.

I think you know what I mean. Sorry to be to the point here but would you agree that a 16 year old point having agreed sex with his 15 year old girlfriend should earn the same word as a woman forced against a wall by a stranger in an alley? Apologies for being graphic but I think you know what I am getting at.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
My thoughts exactly.

How many of those making excuses for this guy or advocating leniency would feel the same if the girl had been their daughter.

Probably not as many who would be high fiving their 15 year old son if he had shagged a 28 year old teacher. In fact they would probably be asking if he had any pictures of her with her kit off, and offering to make the teacher gas tight the next time the son was boffing her.

Don't get me wrong, the teacher knows the rules and broke them, but he isn't an animal.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Probably not as many who would be high fiving their 15 year old son if he had shagged a 28 year old teacher. In fact they would probably be asking if he had any pictures of her with her kit off, and offering to make the teacher gas tight the next time the son was boffing her.

Don't get me wrong, the teacher knows the rules and broke them, but he isn't an animal.

I am with you on this one El Pres.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
I think you know what I mean. Sorry to be to the point here but would you agree that a 16 year old point having agreed sex with his 15 year old girlfriend should earn the same word as a woman forced against a wall by a stranger in an alley? Apologies for being graphic but I think you know what I am getting at.

Both would be instances of rape but as is the case with all offences there are different degrees of seriousness. Whether a child steals a packet of Polos from the corner shop or millions are stolen from a bank or a pensioner has their life savings stolen the crime is still theft.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley

Would you really "high five" your son in such a situation? :ohmy:

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne

In the situation of a 16 yo boy and 15 yo girl, he is almost always given a caution. However this leads the gutter press to get all indignant over "cautions for rapists".

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
But at 14/15 she has the right to be naive, he on the other hand cannot use that excuse.

Disagree. We are all products of our environment, perhaps he has never developed emotionally like most people would. Lets be honest, you can tell from the pictures that he looks like a right drip! I know it's not and excuse or a mitigating factor, but it might still be true.

That is exactly what statutory rape is - sex without consent - the Sexual Offences Act 2003 states that a person under the age of 16 cannot give consent.

Just because a piece of paper says it, doesn't make it true. The eyes of the law do not take account of life experience or human emotion, cases like this aren't black and white and need to be judged on their individual merits. If it was black and white, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Just because a piece of paper says it, doesn't make it true. The eyes of the law do not take account of life experience or human emotion, cases like this aren't black and white and need to be judged on their individual merits. If it was black and white, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

That doesn't make sense - the word statutory means "enacted by statute" which is exactly what the Sexual Offences Act does - it is because a piece of paper, (Sexual Offences Act), says that someone below the age of 16 cannot give consent that the offence is called "statutory rape".

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
He should have known better. He has ruined his own life for what ultimately was an ego boost. He deserves to be punished and rightly so but how long is he looking at serving and will he be a rule 43 prisoner?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
If it has been a few months either way this would not be making the news. I think these two genuinely thought they loved each other. Maybe they do ? Most likely the worst charge is that he should have known better and for sure he should have but for me labelling this guy as a predatory paedo, nah I don't get it. He was a bloke who is seriously challenged to even consider what he did and he may be kicked to shit in prison for his actions but for not for me I would rather have people who actually deserved it and this bloke, no, not for me.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
He should have known better. He has ruined his own life for what ultimately was an ego boost. He deserves to be punished and rightly so but how long is he looking at serving and will he be a rule 43 prisoner?

Yes he'll be on rule 43.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Disagree. We are all products of our environment, perhaps he has never developed emotionally like most people would. Lets be honest, you can tell from the pictures that he looks like a right drip! I know it's not and excuse or a mitigating factor, but it might still be true.

That's exactly what the judge will be doing tonight, considering all the circumstances, offender mitigation and the like and deciding on a structured sentence that fulfils the necessary requirements, one of which is punishment, another being as a deterrent.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
some of you seem to think a sexually active 15 year old is a young child? weird......and weird in most parts of the world too.

yes, he was her teacher - a little wrong - but to lock him in a cage for years? come on.

it was no ego boost - reád the timeline - they genuinly loved eachother - and if thats a crime - then this planet is pretty messed up.

i know someone who rattled a chick who was 16 when he was 28 - very close to this scenario - they liked eachother - should he go to a cage?

yes, lose his job in teaching - but locked up - that is crazy.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Will get plenty of opportunity to reflect then.

No doubt he'll get some right perverts coming into his cell asking for graphic details. I don't think he should be banged up next to some kiddie fiddler to be honest as there are some really sick nounces in Lewes. He'll stay there for roughly 4 days then be shipped out. Probably Highdown in Surrey but he'll have cell mates just as bad.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
some of you seem to think a sexually active 15 year old is a young child? weird......and weird in most parts of the world too.

yes, he was her teacher - a little wrong - but to lock him in a cage for years? come on.

it was no ego boost - reád the timeline - they genuinly loved eachother - and if thats a crime - then this planet is pretty messed up.

i know someone who rattled a chick who was 16 when he was 28 - very close to this scenario - they liked eachother - should he go to a cage?

yes, lose his job in teaching - but locked up - that is crazy.

It's legal at 16 so he would not go to jail clearly.
I will ask the question I have asked before if it's ok for a teacher to have sex with a 14/15 year old student at what age is it not OK with you?

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
So at what age do you feel it's ok for teachers to sleep with their pupils?

That's not the point I was making. It was, from what I understood of the case, a mutual relationship, one in which both parties happily reciprocated. Unlike other cases, where the other person is forced against their will. Hence the popular meaning of the term "abduction".

Misconduct, yes. A breach of trust, possibly. A de facto criminal offence punishable by a lengthy custodial sentence and having to sign the sex offenders' register for life? Not so sure. Yes, the pupil was underage, and yes she was considered vulnerable, but I don't think he took advantage of her.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here