Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

am i the only one who feels sorry for the forrest teacher dude going to jail?

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
Yes I did sleep with bill when I was 14. Can't recall old dirty old Bill going to court. Is it to do who you know and what wealth you've got?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1266664/Mandy-Smith-I-DID-sleep-Bill-Wyman-I-14--man-life-God.html

Wonder why he looks so pleased with himself? Bet he's had the same smile when she was 14.

article-1266664-091BC522000005DC-544_468x771.jpg

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
My thoughts exactly.

How many of those making excuses for this guy or advocating leniency would feel the same if the girl had been their daughter.

This....I wonder how many of the people defending this guy are fathers of daughters?....Not US one suspects (although I stand to be corrected)

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
What gets me is that the appears to be no means of charging him with what is point of this whole thing which is the awful abuse of trust?

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
That is a fair comment but I don't think this guy is a " paedophile " by any normal reasoning. He is just a very immature bloke who fell in love with someone he shouldn't have. The peadophile card is the most heinous card you can lay at anyone's door and I just do not sense it here.

I only pay attention to the Judge in the trials assessment. What people "feel" or "sense" on here is irrelevant.

I also heard the judge commenting that this guy was also a talented and well respected teacher with a great future ahead of him...and he still called him a predator, a liar, manipulator and a PAEDOPHILE. He will throw the book at this prat. Quite right too. If his plea of consenting sex with a minor and a sort of holiday trip to France was never going to hold any water. If he'd got away with it it would be the green light for nonces across the nation to book up with P&O and stock up on the johnnies.

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
You think that judges have a grip on reality??? That's made me smile lol
I only pay attention to the Judge in the trials assessment. What people "feel" or "sense" on here is irrelevant.

I also heard the judge commenting that this guy was also a talented and well respected teacher with a great future ahead of him...and he still called him a predator, a liar, manipulator and a PAEDOPHILE. He will throw the book at this prat. Quite right too. If his plea of consenting sex with a minor and a sort of holiday trip to France was never going to hold any water. If he'd got away with it it would be the green light for nonces across the nation to book up with P&O and stock up on the johnnies.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Still confused about the rape thing, can someone explain?

Sex with anyone under the age of 16 is called statuary rape. even if they consented. To me it is one of those words that needs to change, the word 'rape' evokes a very different idea in the minds of most does it not? To me, the word means sex without consent.

While we are at it, the word paedophile is often bounded around but surely a distinction has to be made from a person that sleeps with a 15 and a half year old compared to a person that is sexually aroused by infants?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
This....I wonder how many of the people defending this guy are fathers of daughters?....Not US one suspects (although I stand to be corrected)

I am not " defending " this guy. What he did was wrong as I and others have repeatedly said. Just looking for a law that makes a judgement without the vigilante rule in place.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
I don't think anyone can really know the ins and outs unless you have access to both their minds, that includes the judge.

The bottom line is that they were blatant about things and got caught, regardless of whether or not he is a predator and she was vunerable (and I have no evidence to suggest either way) the rules have to be harsh to deter people who ARE predators from going after children who ARE vunerable.
At best they are both very naive.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
I am not " defending " this guy. What he did was wrong as I and others have repeatedly said. Just looking for a law that makes a judegment without the vigilante rule in place.

I agree with you US. We are not defending his actions, he has been naive, stupid and abused his authority. However, I do not think you can put his actions in the same league as Hall or someone that is aroused by images of toddlers. The guy deserves to be punished for his actions. Does he deserve to be beaten up in prison night after night for being a 'nonce'? I would say no.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I don't think anyone can really know the ins and outs unless you have access to both their minds, that includes the judge.

The bottom line is that they were blatant about things and got caught, regardless of whether or not he is a predator and she was vunerable (and I have no evidence to suggest either way) the rules have to be harsh to deter people who ARE predators from going after children who ARE vunerable.
At best they are both very naive.

But at 14/15 she has the right to be naive, he on the other hand cannot use that excuse.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
the rules have to be harsh to deter people who ARE predators from going after children who ARE vunerable

Yes they do and need to be applied to every one that sleeps with under 16 year olds but it's never the case. You always get different sentances and this fella will get a bigger sentance than a case 3 years ago when 3 men gang raped a 12 year old girl for 3 days and only one got convicted and he got a massive 5 years in prison and out in 3.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Sex with anyone under the age of 16 is called statuary rape. even if they consented. To me it is one of those words that needs to change, the word 'rape' evokes a very different idea in the minds of most does it not? To me, the word means sex without consent.

While we are at it, the word paedophile is often bounded around but surely a distinction has to be made from a person that sleeps with a 15 and a half year old compared to a person that is sexually aroused by infants?

That is exactly what statutory rape is - sex without consent - the Sexual Offences Act 2003 states that a person under the age of 16 cannot give consent.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
The Guy is going to have a lot of time in prison to reflect on his actions. His fellow inmates won't worry about the minor details or let him forget. His days and nights will be hell.

Even after he has served his sentence he will have even more time to be punished by society, always on the offenders register, his talents as a teacher wasted because he'll never get a job working with kids again. Almost certainly his family broken.

All for a few moments weakness. Pity he never thought before he acted.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here