am i the only one who feels sorry for the forrest teacher dude going to jail?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
So at what age do you feel it's ok for teachers to sleep with their pupils?

It is not a good idea to have cheap shots at people who are trying to put forward a reasoned argument. The law is there to differentiate between real paedo's and their vile behaviour and someone who lost the plot. This guy, for me, is not a paedo in any real sense of the accusation just a guy whose life has imploded for someone he thought he loved. She is too young to know what is right and the law will decide. For sure it is not right by any normal standards but let us debate this in a sensible manner. I would rather a law that judged each case on the facts.

Last edited:

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
Seven years would be a complete joke of a sentence when you compare the 15 months Stuart Hall got for much more predatory crimes.

What about if the case was a 15 year old boy having an affair with a 28 year old woman teacher

You think she should get 7 years too?

Clearly you have very little idea of the issues. Let me help you out.

Stuart hall plead guilty to crimes in the 70 s and 80s and was sentenced, as the law demands, according to the law at that time. They were much leaner on kiddy fiddlers back in the day it seems.

This teacher pleads "not guilty" on the grounds of what? She wanted him to screw her at 14 in the classroom of her school? Are you serious mate? Seven years is the MAXIMUM sentence he can get now he has been found GUILTY of child abduction and rape..by a jury, not you.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013

Stuart hall plead guilty to crimes in the 70 s and 80s and was sentenced, as the law demands, according to the law at that time. They were much leaner on kiddy fiddlers back in the day it seems.

This teacher pleads "not guilty" on the grounds of what? She wanted him to screw her at 14 in the classroom of her school? Are you serious mate? Seven years is the MAXIMUM sentence he can get now he has been found GUILTY of child abduction and rape..by a jury, not you.

Abduction and now RAPE. :facepalm:

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
It is not a good idea to have cheap shots at people who are trying to put forward a reasoned argument. The law is there to differentiate between real paedo's and their vile behavoiur and someone who lost the plot. This guy, for me, is not a paedo in any real sense of the accusation just a guy whose life has imploded for someone he thought he loved. She is too young to know what is right and the law will decide. For sure it is not right by any normal standards but let us debate this in a sensible manner. I would rather a law that judged each case on the facts.

I was asking a serious question, he said 'I too don't think he should have been found guilty' so he clearly thinks what this guy did was acceptable I wondered if that applies to all ages?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I was asking a serious question, he said 'I too don't think he should have been found guilty' so he clearly thinks what this guy did was acceptable I wondered if that applies to all ages?

I don't think anyone on here thinks it is acceptable.

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013
they obviously loved eachother.

she was 15.

Hate to think that the politicians want to lower the voting age to 16. If a 15 year old doesn't know what she's doing then god help the country if 16 year olds can vote in the general elections.

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
Rape?

Leighgull

Dec 27, 2012
I too don't think he should have been found guilty. Blown way out of proportion, this whole saga. Doesn't deserve jail relative to other monsters out there, but doubtless he will be.

Christ on a bike...I hope you aren't a teacher. Thank god we have a legal framework whereby people can defend their actions in front of a jury of their peers and be treated leniently if circumstances allow even if he is found guilty.

Now pay attention. The Judge has heard all of the evidence, has seen all of the statements, considered the defence and the not guilty on the grounds of consent plea.

After all of that he has labelled the defendant "predatory, manipulative, deceitful and a paedophile" and you think your opinion should count based on what you've seen on tv or read in the paper? Behave.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Christ on a bike...I hope you aren't a teacher. Thank god we have a legal framework whereby people can defend their actions in front of a jury of their peers and be treated leniently if circumstances allow even if he is found guilty.

Now pay attention. The Judge has heard all of the evidence, has seen all of the statements, considered the defence and the not guilty on the grounds of consent plea.

After all of that he has labelled the defendant "predatory, manipulative, deceitful and a paedophile" and you think your opinion should count based on what you've seen on tv or read in the paper? Behave.

That is a fair comment but I don't think this guy is a " paedophile " by any normal reasoning. He is just a very immature bloke who fell in love with someone he shouldn't have. The peadophile card is the most heinous card you can lay at anyone's door and I just do not sense it here.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
As I said I don't have that much sympathy for the guy but love sure messes with your judgement , that's all I'm saying

bernster

Sep 5, 2012
ye olde east sussex
Abduction? What I read was she was happy to go with him on her own free will. Can't recall any evidence that he tapped her mouth, rolled her in Carpet and bundled her into his boot.

you are right there is no evidence of her mouth being tapped or any kind of carpet and she did go on her own free will.child abduction does not require any of these things.it means that this man took a minor without the consent of said minors parents/guardians.it may seem frivolous but it is a serious criminal offence

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
As I said I don't have that much sympathy for the guy but love sure messes with your judgement , that's all I'm saying

No one sympathises with the bloke as it is beyond the remit of what 99% of people would do. He has done wrong and will pay. A monumental **** up ? yes, a paedo ? not for me.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
so what if he has no images on his computer or that he may or may not have been in a loveless marriage or whether she was mature for her age.he was her teacher in a unique position of power and trust and he failed to dispense both those responsibilites.whether or not they loved each other or that she doesnt blame him does not give him the right to groom then deflower a 15 yr old girl whom he has a duty to protect.it has nothing to do whether a 15 yr old girl knows her own mind either.the duty of care lies with him and he failed dismally.i,personally, have no interest in finding out why he did what he did,or if he has"issues",just that this man is punished for a gross dereliction of duty in a job that,above all else,should be about educating and protecting our young people.

My thoughts exactly.

How many of those making excuses for this guy or advocating leniency would feel the same if the girl had been their daughter.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports