am i the only one who feels sorry for the forrest teacher dude going to jail?

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
so what if he has no images on his computer or that he may or may not have been in a loveless marriage or whether she was mature for her age.he was her teacher in a unique position of power and trust and he failed to dispense both those responsibilites.whether or not they loved each other or that she doesnt blame him does not give him the right to groom then deflower a 15 yr old girl whom he has a duty to protect.it has nothing to do whether a 15 yr old girl knows her own mind either.the duty of care lies with him and he failed dismally.i,personally, have no interest in finding out why he did what he did,or if he has"issues",just that this man is punished for a gross dereliction of duty in a job that,above all else,should be about educating and protecting our young people.

Yep for sure it is not right by the standards of any normal person. I think the law of the land needs to differentiate between henoius child abuse and something that is different. He clearly is not the full ticket for this to happen.

El Sid

May 10, 2012
West Sussex
He is not a paedophile. Having sex with a post pubescent girl is not paedophilia. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pedophilia "As a medical diagnosis, pedophilia or paedophilia is a psychiatric disorder in persons 16 years of age or older typically characterized by a primary or exclusive sexual interest toward prepubescent children (generally age 11 years or younger)"

Posts like yours illustrate why we live in a near vigilante society.

I have got young child actually. Please do not make assumptions.

He is a totally fcked up dude. I have a lot of sympathy for him. Prison is not the right place for him, but he's destined to spend a long time there.

Nothing I've said in any way advocates vigilante action. Just a regard for the law and the protection of young people.
The age of consent is 16. He'll get no sympathy from me.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
There are 15 yr old girls up and down the length of the country, who go out dressed to the nine's at the weekend, to pubs and clubs etc and most of them with a bit of slap can pass for 18+ easy and half the people on this site would, if given the chance(without knowledge of there age). But this is not the issue here, it's the fact he knew her age and was in a position of trust. He must have known what would happen to him, unless he is a thick as shit. If he truly thought he was in love with her, then he would have resigned his post, got a job outside of teaching and just kept it secret until she was old enough. They may well think they love each other, although I strongly suspect he got off on the idea of what he was doing. Which in itself makes it all a bit sick and make him a threat to young girls. He would have probably gone off her when she turned from a girl in a woman.

You don't know that really do you ?

Jaguar_uk

Jun 1, 2013
Assuming all that I've heard about this story is true it proves that love is an extremely powerful emotion that makes us do things that defy common sense.
I know I've done some irrational things in the name of love when I was younger.
If he had been anyone other than her teacher then I'd be more sympathetic.
The conviction for abduction is absurd, she went of her own free will, personally I think the fact that this guys career and reputation as Been destroyed forever is enough of an example to show others in similar positions of trust that you just should not get involved in this type of illegal relationship.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
You are clearly right in the definition of the psych disorder. Didn't stop the Judge today in his summing up saying he was a paedophile and a danger to vulnerable children and teenagers.

I imagine he has seen and heard more of the evidence than any of us on here and he will treat it as a paedophile crime.

I've got no sympathy whatsoever for the soppy Bellend. He looks like a hunched goth prat as well. He's even got a gob on in his wedding photos.

This creep was shagging her when she was 14 btw...in the bloody classroom as well. Nonce. Seven years.

Seven years would be a complete joke of a sentence when you compare the 15 months Stuart Hall got for much more predatory crimes.

What about if the case was a 15 year old boy having an affair with a 28 year old woman teacher

You think she should get 7 years too?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Which part?..lol

This bit.

" Which in itself makes it all a bit sick and make him a threat to young girls. He would have probably gone off her when she turned from a girl in a woman. "

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Seven years would be a complete joke of a sentence when you compare the 15 months Stuart Hall got for much more predatory crimes.

What about if the case was a 15 year old boy having an affair with a 28 year old woman teacher

I wish a 28yr old woman teacher, would have shagged me when I was 15.....

Footsoldier

Banned
May 26, 2013

In the US then she would as they are all equal whereas here the law is different for ages and gender here.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
This bit.

" Which in itself makes it all a bit sick and make him a threat to young girls. He would have probably gone off her when she turned from a girl in a woman. "

No I don't know that, your right. But there is quite a bit of research that shows why men are attracted to young girls( not children, just underage) and not older girls/women. I'm not saying with any certainty that would be the case here, but in several cases it leads to something far more sinister in later life. When they find the can't pull, the young girls anymore.

Hamilton

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I wish a 28yr old woman teacher, would have shagged me when I was 15.....

That's because you were 15, irrational and desperate. She would have been pursuing her position of trust too, so to the poster who asked the question, yes she should be treated exactly the same.

bernster

Sep 5, 2012
ye olde east sussex

the stuart hall case should not be compared to this one they have so many different aspects to them(also i believe the authorities are looking to appeal on the grounds of a lenient sentence so he may have more time added,i hope.)
if the scenario was reversed and it was a woman teacher and a young boy then exactly the same punishments should apply.the same rules/laws have been broken.
it must be repeated,however,that this man has been charged with abduction and not sexual offences even though all parties have admitted that underage sex happened

TheJasperCo

Jan 20, 2012
Exeter
I too don't think he should have been found guilty. Blown way out of proportion, this whole saga. Doesn't deserve jail relative to other monsters out there, but doubtless he will be.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
I too don't think he should have been found guilty. Blown way out of proportion, this whole saga. Doesn't deserve jail relative to other monsters out there, but doubtless he will be.

But he is guilty, of all charges. Even he would admit that. I think what you are saying is he doesn't deserve 8years inside. Wish I would tend to agree with in this instance, although some jail time is necessary. I reckon anything over 2 years will be harsh in this instance ( unless there is any previous, that we don't know about).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports