Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

am i the only one who does not want man city to win the league?

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
don't get me wrong, i don't like utd, but i really can't stand city, mainly due to working with some of their fans a few years back, and the dodgy owners they have had.

i find myself wanting man utd to win games, a whole new strange experience.

pauli cee

Jan 21, 2009
worthing
no, you're not!
can't stand them, just like the new chelski was in my opinion, a team full of individuals, with probably not a lot of passion for the shirt, (i know this isn't wholly uncommon in football).
would rather see arsenal, spurs or utd win the title, tho obviously only utd this season...

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Ever since '83, Utd were the team I wanted to lose everything. Then later I discovered that watching them on MoTD was delightful, especially in the "You'll win nothing with kids" era. Their football was tremendous viewing. Fergie's a terrific manager.

To see Chelski and Man City turn up with buckets of cash and 'do it the easy way' galls me, so as long as Man City come second and Tevez misses a Premiership-title-deciding last minute penalty in the final game, I'll be content.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Man United and Man City are the 2 evils of the north. MUFC (friends with the albion) are my Manchester team!

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
At various times Man Ure have more than splashed the cash so they have at various times " bought " the title. Among others they bought " Duckface " Ferdinand, Js Veron, Michael " Crab " Carrick and Roon the Loon for huge wad but because they came up with Giggs, Scholes and the Neville's people think they don't buy titles. At least watching City you never know what's going to happen.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
At various times Man Ure have more than splashed the cash so they have at various times " bought " the title. Among others they bought " Duckface " Ferdinand, Js Veron, Michael " Crab " Carrick and Roon the Loon for huge wad but because they came up with Giggs, Scholes and the Neville's people think they don't buy titles. At least watching City you never know what's going to happen.

To be fair, United did only spend 33 million on Berbaslob.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Can't stand the way city are going about it, likewise Chelsea,they spend millions of pounds they do not earn, and do not have. At least United earn the money they spend, for that reason, I have no problem with United, Arsenal, Spurs winning it, just not city or Chelsea, please.

The Truth

Banned
Sep 11, 2008
None of your buisness
Can't stand the way city are going about it, likewise Chelsea,they spend millions of pounds they do not earn, and do not have. At least United earn the money they spend, for that reason, I have no problem with United, Arsenal, Spurs winning it, just not city or Chelsea, please.

Man united earn their money thanks to the estimated 333 million fans they have world wide. Personally i think it's wrong that we have a team who have gone global. Local support is essential for the structure of the game. If Africa and asia want to make football what it is in our country, then they really need Man U to feck off!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex

This.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I really do detest City as they are buying the trophy

Fran Hagarty

Jul 5, 2003
Mid Sussex
Loathe Man United (& Chelsea). City have been in the shadow of United for too long. Hope they win the Premier League.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
City for me. Most of my mates up here support them. They have suffered at the hands of the RAGS for too long. United fans have been insufferable for ages, although I was happy to see them knock the Bindippers off their perch last year.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here