Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Am I the only one that thinks Kaz will have a breakout season?

Hampster Gull

Dec 22, 2010
I don’t think we need a theory – just a look at the facts. In September 2013 Oscar Garcia was reported as saying that LuaLua had been suffering from tendonitis in his left knee since pre-season, and that Albion were having to manage how many minutes he played. Then on October 5 against Forest he felt pain in his right knee and the following week in training he couldn’t move. He ended up having surgery on October 22 (the issue was the meniscus on the outside of the knee).

LuaLua returned in December 2013 but in January in an interview in the Argus he stated that he was still troubled by the tendonitis in his left knee. He did start 4 games in a row in April 2014. The same month Garcia said:

And last season, he was one of the most influential players in the first few months of the season. Against Watford in October THREE of their players were booked for fouling him and against Norwich in November TWO of their players were booked for fouling him. After that Norwich game Hyypia stated that he thought LuaLua had been a complete performer since he had been in charge. When asked about previous managers using LuaLua sparingly, particularly away from home, he said:

Unfortunately Kaz damaged his medial ligaments in the very next game, at home to Fulham, and didn’t start another game until March.

So, over the last two years, the biggest issues for Kaz have been injuries of one sort or another. Both Garcia and Hyypia recognised what he had to offer, given the ability to actually get on the pitch. Let us all hope that Kaz can keep fit and injury free for the majority of this campaign.

Stalker alert :)

I have always been a big fan and am delighted with the start.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I don’t think we need a theory – just a look at the facts. In September 2013 Oscar Garcia was reported as saying that LuaLua had been suffering from tendonitis in his left knee since pre-season, and that Albion were having to manage how many minutes he played. Then on October 5 against Forest he felt pain in his right knee and the following week in training he couldn’t move. He ended up having surgery on October 22 (the issue was the meniscus on the outside of the knee).

LuaLua returned in December 2013 but in January in an interview in the Argus he stated that he was still troubled by the tendonitis in his left knee. He did start 4 games in a row in April 2014. The same month Garcia said:

And last season, he was one of the most influential players in the first few months of the season. Against Watford in October THREE of their players were booked for fouling him and against Norwich in November TWO of their players were booked for fouling him. After that Norwich game Hyypia stated that he thought LuaLua had been a complete performer since he had been in charge. When asked about previous managers using LuaLua sparingly, particularly away from home, he said:

Unfortunately Kaz damaged his medial ligaments in the very next game, at home to Fulham, and didn’t start another game until March.

So, over the last two years, the biggest issues for Kaz have been injuries of one sort or another. Both Garcia and Hyypia recognised what he had to offer, given the ability to actually get on the pitch. Let us all hope that Kaz can keep fit and injury free for the majority of this campaign.

It worried me, seeing him brought down for the penalty, that when he sat up, he was hugging his left knee. I hope it doesn't have repercussions for the Huddersfield game.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
He also appears to be doing 1 back-flip for every goal he scores. I'm sure he 3 last week and 4 today :lolol:

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
I think he could be one very bright long overdue spark this season. Heard and seen from a lot of places how up for it he seems to be this preseason. He's going to be a cracking player for us this season with 2 wingers for teams to play against IMO, something in my bones.

Yes I know we still need a winger, a center half and a striker.

Good call.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

I think you were walking with your mates behind myself and my dad after the Blackburn game from WSU as I think I heard someone remind you of this thread?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
:)

Another goal, an assist, and winning the free-kick that we scored the other from. Happy days.

:thumbsup:

Long may he reign. The other thing that goes in his favour is how often he wins pressure relieving free kicks which deserves to be mentioned as well.

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Yeah yeah, I believe it was breakout season, not month. :wink:

Seriously though, it's awesome to see him playing in this sort of form, it's almost like he's stepping out onto the pitch every match KNOWING he's the division's current most dangerous player and most likely match winner. Just oozing confidence and ability in the new system. Seems very much at ease playing in tandem with Bong too.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Just thought I'd say a big well done to Kaz and his player of the month award :clap:

Yeah yeah, we've all got ad nauseam that you called this early!

Don't start taking your trumpet to the Amex.....

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
I think he could be one very bright long overdue spark this season. Heard and seen from a lot of places how up for it he seems to be this preseason. He's going to be a cracking player for us this season with 2 wingers for teams to play against IMO, something in my bones

Yes I know we still need a winger, a center half and a striker.

Very perceptive
Well done

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Yeah yeah, I believe it was breakout season, not month. :wink:
Exactly.

Keep your powder dry Viper. Pride before a fall, and there's a way to go yet. If he keeps it up, I'm recommending you for a knighthood.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Currently a cert for player of the season despite some great performances from others. Can he keep fit, that is the question!

Mowgli37

Enigmatic Asthmatic
Jan 13, 2013
Sheffield
I admit I was a doubter in the past but after this month I'm well aboard the #30 bandwagon.

:vuvu: LONG LIVE LUALUA :vuvu:

Also, thanks to Ninja Elephant this thread has a strong whiff of 'Spanish Dave - What exactly does he do?!' about it :lol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here