Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Am I being a miserable old git

shingle

Jan 18, 2004
Lewes
Sounds exactly like some guys who used to sit behind us at Withdean. We heard all sorts about their jobs, their wives, their girlfriends, the whole lot. Could have blackmailed one of them if I'd been like that. Annoying. Football is for the football. Have you tried glaring at them?

Yep, several times. It doesn't seem to register.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Completely empathise.

Went to see a band that I'm a big fan of in London a couple of months back - it was their first UK gig in about 7 years.

These two girls in front of me at no point faced the front. They spent the entire evening trying to shout over the music to each other about their social lives, mucking about with photo apps on their phones etc. They could've done the EXACT same thing and had exactly the same amount of fun doing that in one of their houses. The gig was a complete irrelevance to them.

As a Mark Corrigan, I was silently SEETHING but obviously did absolutely NOTHING about this.

I was at Godspeed you! Black Emperor at Brixton a couple of years ago and 3 6 foot plus tossers squeezed in front of us just before the start and began chatting. Mrs Tackle, who is 5 foot two in her stockings leant over and said 'shut the f*** up, you c***s'. Worked a treat.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
I was at Godspeed you! Black Emperor at Brixton a couple of years ago and 3 6 foot plus tossers squeezed in front of us just before the start and began chatting. Mrs Tackle, who is 5 foot two in her stockings leant over and said 'shut the f*** up, you c***s'. Worked a treat.

Top bombing by the trouble and strife Harold! Love it. :)

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Why is it that overheard conversations in public spaces are always so mind-numbingly tedious?

My motivation for learning Japanese absolutely nose-dived once I'd gotten to the point where I started understanding snippets of public conversations. It's the same everywhere with 1st world problems.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'll go along with that though my initial recall was ' Iam ' for some reason

Humblest apols. You are correct. Iam McFaul. As in Will I Am. :ffsparr::lolol:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Threads like this convince me Albion only really have between 11-15k hardcore supporters nothing wrong with that and personally think it's been the same since the late 80"s.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Completely empathise.

Went to see a band that I'm a big fan of in London a couple of months back - it was their first UK gig in about 7 years.

These two girls in front of me at no point faced the front. They spent the entire evening trying to shout over the music to each other about their social lives, mucking about with photo apps on their phones etc. They could've done the EXACT same thing and had exactly the same amount of fun doing that in one of their houses. The gig was a complete irrelevance to them.

As a Mark Corrigan, I was silently SEETHING but obviously did absolutely NOTHING about this.

I went to the Led Zep concert at the Dome a few years back courtesy of a member of this very message board who donated his second ticket to REMF which I was lucky enough to bid for and win. Anyway, we were stood pretty much central, a little way back from the stage. After the band started a young chap, early twenties, just started talking to his friends at the top of his voice, explaining why he couldn't believe Zep started with Good Times Bad Times, telling us it was completely the wrong song and that the band didn't have a clue, and that the second song, Ramble On, wasn't to his liking either. I did say something to him, sexual swear words and everything, he ****ed off and I got a wee round of applause from the others around us. The rest of the show was quite simply the best show I have ever seen.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
I went to the Led Zep concert at the Dome a few years back courtesy of a member of this very message board who donated his second ticket to REMF which I was lucky enough to bid for and win. Anyway, we were stood pretty much central, a little way back from the stage. After the band started a young chap, early twenties, just started talking to his friends at the top of his voice, explaining why he couldn't believe Zep started with Good Times Bad Times, telling us it was completely the wrong song and that the band didn't have a clue, and that the second song, Ramble On, wasn't to his liking either. I did say something to him, sexual swear words and everything, he ****ed off and I got a wee round of applause from the others around us. The rest of the show was quite simply the best show I have ever seen.

Led Zeppelin at the Dome 1972. How could you hear a conversation? I couldn't hear a thing for three days afterwards. Epic.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Led Zeppelin at the Dome 1972. How could you hear a conversation? I couldn't hear a thing for three days afterwards. Epic.

I'll agree with you on that, I'm into LOUD music, but having not seen Zep back in the day I wasn't expecting them to be that loud, and in the O2 too. But seriously, that guy was shouting above them, and between tracks too.

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Tell them that for the last 3 games you have recorded every word of their conversations, and if they don't either STFU or move, you'll be sending the recordings to their wives/work colleagues etc.

Either that, or simply ask them to button it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here