Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Am I a lucky man?

BHA Jordan

Dec 14, 2005
As you will no doubt know our match at Narwich is on Valentines Day. As I (regrettably) live in Suffolk its one of the few away games I can definitely pencil in, but due to it being on Valentines Day I hadn't done anything as its also 6 months to the day we got married, so thought there would be no way at all that I could go.

BUT I get home from work today and the wife says that she is going to order me a ticket tomorrow as my Valentines pressie. I think to myself its a right result and half heartedly say are you sure you don't mind, to which she replies that I know you love them more than me so go.

So am I just v.lucky? Has my wife after many years realised her place in the grand importance of things? Or is there a hidden agenda? Am I just being paranoid?

Do you think I best get her some flowers on the day?

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
Ask if she will go with you, and say you love her more (fingers and toes crossed aswell:lolol: )

Few roses on the day take her out weekend before or after

Starry

Captain Of The Crew
Oct 10, 2004
You were supposed to say, "No darling I won't go to the football I have already made reservations at XXXXXX (insert swanky restuarant of choice here) for us, I'd much rather spend the time with you."

Tsk tsk. ;-)

Lander

NSC down?
Jan 11, 2005
Lindfield
Starry said:
You were supposed to say, "No darling I won't go to the football I have already made reservations at XXXXXX (insert swanky restuarant of choice here) for us, I'd much rather spend the time with you."

Tsk tsk. ;-)

Women:glare:

BHA Jordan

Dec 14, 2005
lander14 said:
Ask if she will go with you, and say you love her more (fingers and toes crossed aswell:lolol: )

Few roses on the day take her out weekend before or after

Would love her to come but she has to put two little uns to bed. She's going to the Ipshit game, and it will be my little ones first Albion game

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
BHA Jordan said:
As you will no doubt know our match at Narwich is on Valentines Day. As I (regrettably) live in Suffolk its one of the few away games I can definitely pencil in, but due to it being on Valentines Day I hadn't done anything as its also 6 months to the day we got married, so thought there would be no way at all that I could go.

BUT I get home from work today and the wife says that she is going to order me a ticket tomorrow as my Valentines pressie. I think to myself its a right result and half heartedly say are you sure you don't mind, to which she replies that I know you love them more than me so go.

So am I just v.lucky? Has my wife after many years realised her place in the grand importance of things? Or is there a hidden agenda? Am I just being paranoid?

Do you think I best get her some flowers on the day?

Ned & I were going to Norwich (our wedding anniversary is also Aug 14th btw) but my colleague has to take the day off because her husband is having an operation so I cannot go.
I'm letting him go to the match with my blessing.
There are some good wives about. :)

BHA Jordan

Dec 14, 2005
Re: Re: Am I a lucky man?

Yorkie said:
Ned & I were going to Norwich (our wedding anniversary is also Aug 14th btw) but my colleague has to take the day off because her husband is having an operation so I cannot go.
I'm letting him go to the match with my blessing.
There are some good wives about. :)

That's what I was thinking, but its often the case of all is not as it seems with the female mind, no offense intended obviously

BHA Jordan

Dec 14, 2005
Billy the Fish said:
This is could some sort of woman trick. She'll probably slice off your nob off while you're sleeping

Nah, she loves it too much :lolol:

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
My first wedding anniversary fell on 29th August 1990. Guess where I took her......

1990-91 Rumbelows League Cup
29.8.1990 R1 Lg1 (h) Northampton Town L 0-2 3,834

Funnily enough, the lady in question is now my ex-wife.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Re: Re: Re: Am I a lucky man?

BHA Jordan said:
That's what I was thinking, but its often the case of all is not as it seems with the female mind, no offense intended obviously

Don't be so suspicious :lolol:

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
pasty said:
My first wedding anniversary fell on 29th August 1990. Guess where I took her......

1990-91 Rumbelows League Cup
29.8.1990 R1 Lg1 (h) Northampton Town L 0-2 3,834

:dunce: :dunce: :dunce:

'Rumbelows' is like saying "I love ya, but if I REALLY loved ya it would have been a league match..."

PS - also divorced!!:jester:

BHA Jordan

Dec 14, 2005
Re: Re: Re: Re: Am I a lucky man?

Yorkie said:
Don't be so suspicious :lolol:

No I suppose you're right, she is a good girl. I best search for nice flowers then

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Go to the game but make sure that you give her the full treatment, nice dinner, roses, etc, etc, etc. That should ensure that you never have a problem getting to a game in future, remember, one good turn deserves another.

BHA Jordan

Dec 14, 2005
Gully said:
Go to the game but make sure that you give her the full treatment, nice dinner, roses, etc, etc, etc. That should ensure that you never have a problem getting to a game in future, remember, one good turn deserves another.

Fair play. Wednesday I'll have to bring home a couple of kebabs and a bottle of coke. Romantic eh.

Just kidding

Race

The Tank Rules!
Aug 28, 2004
Hampshire
BHA Jordan said:
Fair play. Wednesday I'll have to bring home a couple of kebabs and a bottle of coke. Romantic eh.

Just kidding

Thats about as romantic as it gets in this house!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here