Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alzate

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
The club certainly haven't announced it.

He's always looked to have massive potential when i've seen him and i've thoroughly enjoyed his performances. But how's he getting in now?

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
I don't see the point in bringing him back if he is happy in Belgium. Gilmour is a couple of players in the way to the first team and Alzate will be behind him. Give the lad a proper season in Belgium then Roberto can take a look in the summer. Frankly, I think he is done at Brighton - unfulfilled promise and we have gone up another level past him.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
How’s he been doing in Belgium? Not seen any reports at all

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
How’s he been doing in Belgium? Not seen any reports at all
At least OK, apparantly - Standard Liege say they want to keep him (whether that's for the rest of the season on loan, or if they want to make it permanent I don't know).

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
My take from what he said is that he doesn't think Alzate is ready for De Zerbi Ball, and neither is Dahoud yet.
From the very limited bits I’ve seen of Dahoud I don’t think he’s ready just yet. I worry about our CM. Lallana ain’t getting younger. Gross and Gilmour feels a little light weight to mix it with the top half midfields. We have lots of attacking mid kind of players but there’s a gap there for 1-2 players at mo for me. I’ve been proved wrong loads by RDZ so more than happy to eat these words pretty please…

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
From the very limited bits I’ve seen of Dahoud I don’t think he’s ready just yet. I worry about our CM. Lallana ain’t getting younger. Gross and Gilmour feels a little light weight to mix it with the top half midfields. We have lots of attacking mid kind of players but there’s a gap there for 1-2 players at mo for me. I’ve been proved wrong loads by RDZ so more than happy to eat these words pretty please…
I think RDZ agrees with you. For the second time this week he spoke about how we.need to complete the squad and how he won't know what our target is until the transfer window is closed.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think RDZ agrees with you. For the second time this week he spoke about how we.need to complete the squad and how he won't know what our target is until the transfer window is closed.
Which again shows how it’s mental that the window closes 3 weeks or so into the season. I appreciate its not just the English league and they start at slightly different times but it’s madness still.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
But we're going to be bent over for every potential signing, we're better off promoting from within.

I think Alzate has an incredible opportunity, so does Gilmour.

Of course, they are not direct caicedo replacements, but who is?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Dahoud looked like he's getting up to speed :thumbsup:
Critical of him a little (but understandable with the new league / injury issues) in pre season. Was decent today. Tougher tests to come though. We need a Caicedo replacement asap.

Littlemo

Aug 25, 2022
I think he will move for more game time ….

Yeah. I know we have a lot of games but we have a lot of midfielders and I just don’t see how we give them all enough games/game time to keep them all sharp and developing.

Zeus

Jan 10, 2022
Although I think Alzate wouldn’t let us down on the pitch I don’t think he’s going to want to gamble a lost year in his career for the risk of RDZ not playing him much. Really wouldn’t be surprised to see him sold or loaned out to championship or abroad if we get Moises replacement in before the window closes.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
I think Alzate is brilliant but I think he is only competing for one central midfielder position. He is very different to Caicedo and has Groß, Gilmour, Dahoud and possibly Lallana ahead of him for the Mac position. Moder will be competing there too should he return this season.

We could bring in two Caicedo replacements and if so, he’ll surely need to move (loan or sale) along with young Ayari (loan) who again, seems much more Mac than Caicedo.

Lots of business still to do. Could be a busy couple of days pre-deadline day.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
going out on loan i'd imagine. he's probably a very decent championship player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here