Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alzate

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Bizarre but true story, his cousin came round to mine to quote me on some window blinds. Said alzate loves it at Brighton and doesn't want to leave. Would have preferred the west brom loan.

Hoping to come back into our squad next season.

Oh and he fell out with potter ! So will be pleased he's gone. The cousin seemed to think potter didn't really speak to him that much or give him a clear explanation as to why he wasn't playing. Don't think he will have that problem with the new man.
I thought it was a bit odd TBH....he had some excellent games (v Chelsea in particular) but for some reason then stopped being picked again (can't recall but may simply have been covering for injuries or something so perfectly normal)

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
He can absolutely play in the pivot role. Shame about Ilic because they'd have made a great replacement for Moises and Mac. We will see what RDZ makes of him in the Summer.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Anyone following his progress at SL? He's one of my favourite players and I think he'd shine under RDZ, but it looks like his opportunity at Brighton may have passed.

Anyone think he's likely to return next season?
He's a key player and already something of a fan favorite for them, despite the somewhat meh performances from them as a team. They've noticed he's getting better with each game and the only real complaint they have is that he's not aggressive enough to play in the DMC role where he is frequently deployed.

Scored a goal (header from close range after a free kick) yesterday when they lost 1-4.

I don't think he's likely to return next season as it stands right now. While he is performing well, he'd really need to be a bit more dominant over there to be a likely part of a PL squad with top 10 ambitions. Most likely scenario is probably that he gets sold somewhere, perhaps to the Championship.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Anyone following his progress at SL? He's one of my favourite players and I think he'd shine under RDZ, but it looks like his opportunity at Brighton may have passed.

Anyone think he's likely to return next season?
His only hope for a return went when we signed Gilmour. £9m means he gets priority over Alzate who had chances to make an impression, but didn't take them. Honestly, if RDZ can 'March' him in the summer, we'd all be thrilled. Especially if Mac Allister goes and he could slot in to his position. But with a queue of youngsters lining up to play, it feels unlikely he will get another chance.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
His chance at the Albion has gone l'm afraid, he was loaned out for a reason, l really can't seem him featuring for us again.
No way that’s true, or that you can say that with clarity mate. From what I’ve seen, he’s better than Gilmour. Early days, but true. Alzate has always been a decent, steady, neat and tidy performer with us imo.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here