Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alzate

Palacefinder General

Apr 5, 2019
He was my MOM today (shared with Solly and Trossard), such composure and confidence, always in the thick of it, what a player we’ve got. England’s loss, Colombia’s gain.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
91.5% pass completion so far this season. From centre midfield.

Brilliant.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
Absolutely outstanding today.

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
Will bounce this as I started this thread after he made his debut over a year ago.

It was obvious to me from that one match that the boy is quite special and he proved it again today. We have a unique talent on our hands.

Agreed.

I must say, Farehamseagull, that you talk more sense about football than anyone else on here.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
I thought he played brilliantly today, he was up against two world class midfielders and looked every inch their equal. We’ve got a great young team in the making.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I thought he played brilliantly today, he was up against two world class midfielders and looked every inch their equal. We’ve got a great young team in the making.

Tough crowd.

I thought he played Paul Who off the feckin pitch.

Bakero

Languidly clinical
Oct 9, 2010
Almería
Will bounce this as I started this thread after he made his debut over a year ago.

It was obvious to me from that one match that the boy is quite special and he proved it again today. We have a unique talent on our hands.

You could tell from watching the videos of him at Swindon that he was special. It's great to see him doing it at the highest level.

His close control, bravery on the ball, the way he takes it on the turn and moves into space....top class :clap2:

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Superb

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
It’s been said a few times but if we’d signed Alzate for £25,000,000 we’d be saying he’s worth every penny.

It's easy to forget that he's played less than 25 games above League 2 level in his career. How easily he has handled the frankly massive step-up is incredible.

Dec 29, 2011
If he was playing for Spurs and put in that performance against United, people would say he was one of the best young midfielders in the division. What an outstanding performance, after that display I would say he's probably our most promising young player for the future.

BluesRockDJ

Jan 24, 2020

How can they be a "young team in the making" ? They're already young !

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Already my favourite Albion player (oh hang on, Yves, Tariq, Lewis? ... ah **** knows)

Anyway, his understanding of just how much space he has is quite extraordinary. The way he shifts his bodyweight in tight spaces and prods an impossible 3 yard pass out.

This sounds ridiculous I know, but in terms of short passing don't think he'd look out of place in one of the great Barca midfields along with Xavi and Iniesta. Where he's not quite ready for a real step up, is that he doesn't yet have the range of passing, can lose out physically sometimes and hasn't yet posed a serious goal threat. But he's young, improving fast and on his current trajectory, crikey, he could end up anywhere

miffy6

Mar 7, 2009
He was brilliant yesterday. Such a lovely player to watch.

ALZ1.gif

ALZ2.gif

ALZ3.gif

ALZ4.gif

ALZ5.gif

ALZ6.gif

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here