Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alzate

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
has performed brilliantly is an exageration as he has done the job expected when required with fleeting good moments, no more no less

You really have not got a clue have you ? He has been excellent, but his best position is central midfield and I wish GP would play him there rather than full back , He brings so much skill ,pace and energy to the team

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
Needs a run at CM , not the team utility player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is very frustrating for me, you can play James Milner anywhere on the pitch as he’s spent 15 years playing at the top level and has mastered many roles, Alzate is very young, very inexperienced in this league and really needs to be allowed to learn and master one or two positions, not to be playing right back, right wing, left wing all in one game. I understand that Potter’s philosophy requires players to be fluid and autonomous, but it’s too much to expect of one relatively young player.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Some Albion footballing news (@Bozza, if you feel this thread is unnecessarily taking attention away from the coronavirus, feel free to move it to the football sub-fourm of NSCovid-19) :thumbsup:

[TWEET]1240015443647234048[/TWEET]

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Some Albion footballing news (@Bozza, if you feel this thread is unnecessarily taking attention away from the coronavirus, feel free to move it to the football sub-fourm of NSCovid-19) :thumbsup:

[TWEET]1240015443647234048[/TWEET]

Explains why he wasn’t in the side back when matches were played

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Hoping to hear on Monday that Albion have decided to go ahead with Alzate's surgery at the earliest opportunity - with safety now all but mathematically certain, and with him having had no involvement at all in matchday squads since the restart, absolutely no reason not to get this done and get him firing on all cylinders for the new season. We really f**ked up Izquierdo at the end of last season by playing him when he wasn't fit, let's hope we've learned the lesson.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Hoping to hear on Monday that Albion have decided to go ahead with Alzate's surgery at the earliest opportunity - with safety now all but mathematically certain, and with him having had no involvement at all in matchday squads since the restart, absolutely no reason not to get this done and get him firing on all cylinders for the new season. We really f**ked up Izquierdo at the end of last season by playing him when he wasn't fit, let's hope we've learned the lesson.

Spot on. We need him fit and in a settled postion. As much for him as the team overall. He's too good to be a utility man.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

Also agreed. I'm really looking forward to the prospect of a midfield three of Propper, Bissouma and Alzate :thumbsup:

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Complete guess, but I reckon this is an injury known as Sportsman's Groin. It's really common in elite level athletes and usually not a long recovery. Possibly what Duffy had in the off-season last year as well.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Very odd not to go for surgery back in March. I guess the benefit of hindsight and all that.....

I believe the op was scheduled, but was cancelled when he displayed covid symptoms. Joining the dots, he was probably one of the 2 positive cases we had back then.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
We need him back early next season as he's gonna have to be involved somewhere, somehow if he's going to repeat this season's promise and establish himself.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Would have been great to have done during lockdown and had him back, but I guess some injuries are not that clear cut?

It was probably a difficult judgement call, but at least it sounds like he will be back for the new season.

I think either he caught COVID or the operation was cancelled because of COVID. Was booked in at beginning of lockdown

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
Would have been great to have done during lockdown and had him back, but I guess some injuries are not that clear cut?

It was probably a difficult judgement call, but at least it sounds like he will be back for the new season.

He was due the surgery in March but starting displaying symptoms for corona virus so they cancelled the operation. I think they then planned to manage him carefully during the restart but it's become clear he was struggling so wasn't going to be able to play. It makes sense to get him operated on now to give him maximum recovery time before the new season starts.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here