Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alzate

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
We already have to many players who can’t play a final ball or score goals and for me Alzate is in that camp. I’d like to see Gilmour get a run before deciding on Alzate

SeagullsoverLondon

NSC Patron
Jun 20, 2021
I think we need to recall him now if we can, and if not in January.

We are now totally reliant on Mac and Caicedo staying fit and not getting suspended. As much as I like him Lallana can't be trusted to stay fit, which just leaves Gilmour and Gross. We need someone else, if only for the bench.

Realistically it will be hard to bring someone in for January who then needs to get up to speed with the team and style of playing. Alzate is already most of the way there, knows the rest of the players etc.

I don't know what if anything it would cost to recall him from loan

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I think we need to recall him now if we can, and if not in January.

We are now totally reliant on Mac and Caicedo staying fit and not getting suspended. As much as I like him Lallana can't be trusted to stay fit, which just leaves Gilmour and Gross. We need someone else, if only for the bench.

Realistically it will be hard to bring someone in for January who then needs to get up to speed with the team and style of playing. Alzate is already most of the way there, knows the rest of the players etc.

I don't know what if anything it would cost to recall him from loan

I'm sorry but l'm just not convinced by Alzate, he has been in and around the 1st team squad for a few season now, yet he still hasn't made any kind of impact or breakthrough.

I get the feeling that if was going to happen then he would have been at the club and making regular starts by now.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
But is it the best for Alzate that he gets recalled to sit on bench again? He needs the season away playing regularly for his own progress and a future regular for us.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
But is it the best for Alzate that he gets recalled to sit on bench again? He needs the season away playing regularly for his own progress and a future regular for us.

Well l agree that he needs to be out on loan and making regular starts in the hope of progressing, but whether that leads to him featuring regularly for us remains to be seen.

Either way l think this is a very big season for Steven Alzate, and his future with Brighton & Hove Albion.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I think Andy Naylor mentioned at the time the deal went through that there was a Jan recall option. I'm 99% sure that we can't recall him before then anyway.
There are only 8 more league games before January anyway because of the World Cup so not as bad as it would normally be.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
He's not a regular in the Standard Liege side yet.

Rapidly becoming the new Jayson Molumby.

Took time for his work permit to come and he's only been available for two games. Started on the bench in the first one - as it was less than 48 hours after starting for Colombia - and played 90 minutes in the second.

No problem getting into that side. He'll play every game if he's fit.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Took time for his work permit to come and he's only been available for two games. Started on the bench in the first one - as it was less than 48 hours after starting for Colombia - and played 90 minutes in the second.

No problem getting into that side. He'll play every game if he's fit.

Blimey, he was there on 07 Sept, how long did the permit take then?

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Well he started on Sunday. And played 90 mins in an away win.

As [MENTION=38333]Swansman[/MENTION] points out, he may well not have been eligible for prior games anyway prior to a permit. In terms of game time though since he went, he's had 45' for Colombia, and 94' for Standard.

I wouldn't be in a massive rush to get him back tbh. Hopefully he can kick on with Liege now.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
As [MENTION=38333] I wouldn't be in a massive rush to get him back tbh. Hopefully he can kick on with Liege now.

To kick on with his laon club is exactly what he needs to do. Get as many minutes on the pitch as possible. Bring him back for pre-season next year, and let's see what happens.

As someone else said, it's totally pointless to brink him back now to warm the bench.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here