Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alzate

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Is there still an overseas loan option somewhere or has every window now closed?

There's a couple of countries where it remains open for a while.

Among the bigger leagues, Belgium, Turkey and Greece are open for another 3-14 days. Another option might be Mexico. Russia and Ukraine are also open but I'm guessing the club might not send him there.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
Yes not just AN. Looking like the paperwork not done for Alzate and one other WBA target

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Article in The Athletic saying that the paperwork got to WB before 11pm - but in the EFL the deal actually has to be done by 11pm - whereas in the Prem the clubs get more time if the ‘deal sheet’ is handed in by 11pm. So it was too late to do the deal in time.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
Really really strange why he's dropped out of the picture. I hope he has an excellent loan spell and comes back knocking on the manager's door.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
If it wasn't for all the injuries I think he might have been a starter nowadays.

Hopefully he'll stay fit in Standard.

macbeth

Dismembered
Jan 3, 2018
six feet beneath the moon...
he's at too much of an important stage to be sat on his hands on the bench. and tbh I don't think currently he's better than the guys we've got starting. if he can get a season under his belt where he's one of the main players in a team, and show his quality on a regular basis, because it's been a bit stop-start so far due to his illness amongst other things, then he can compete next season

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Really really strange why he's dropped out of the picture. I hope he has an excellent loan spell and comes back knocking on the manager's door.

I think with the policy of always having an eye out for who is available, we took advantage of a contract situation and signed Billy Gilmour. It is then tougher for Alzate to force his way into the side. Whilst I hope Alzate does the business in Belgium, we also have to hope that Gilmour proves to be a level above.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
His best position is CM where we have competition. Not saying he should play but sure there is a little of players we have spent big bucks on getting more opportunities

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
A small piece of good news in a grim week - Alzate's loan move to Standard Liege has been confirmed. Shame the West Brom. one fell through, but good luck to him over in Belgium.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
I really hope the aim of this loan is for more game time so he can come back to us a better player, possibly signs a new contract, rather than easing him out of the club. Alzate is a very decent centre mid.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
Given the terrible news about Mwepu do we need to think about getting Alzate back in January. Not a like for like replacement but with Mwepu now unavailable, Moder a long way off and Lallana never guaranteed fitness wise I feel we could do with that extra option. Gives RDZ a chance to see him up close as well.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Given the terrible news about Mwepu do we need to think about getting Alzate back in January. Not a like for like replacement but with Mwepu now unavailable, Moder a long way off and Lallana never guaranteed fitness wise I feel we could do with that extra option. Gives RDZ a chance to see him up close as well.

I wondered this. Although we should also have a very healthy transfer budget to spend in January as well.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

Club haven't said anything re: Moder return aside from the update at beginning of August confirming his 2nd operation. The PL injuries site has projected February as a return.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I would get Alzate back in straight away, and get him in the team. He's an excellent footballer who will inevitably be a solid Premier League player. He's got an excellent football brain, good feet and deserves a run.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
He'll still be vying with Mac, Gross, Lallana, Caceido, Gilmour and potentially Moder in the 2nd half of the season for a central berth, so not sure if he'd have too much of an opportunity to nail down a regular place in the team. I like him a lot, but I think he'd benefit more from a season playing week in week out, rather than being in and out of the side here. Let him get a proper full season under his belt and see what we've got there for next season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here