Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alzate

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Just hope he stays fit. Championship players are not reluctan to kick a talented guy where it hurts.

You’re right but I think he has bulked up a bit over the summer so hopefully ready for the physical battle. He’s always had good upper body strength, it’s one of the things that stood out to me when I first saw him play.

One shame is he’s got to play for Steve Bruce.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Good news. He needs regular football.

He hasn’t kicked on as he hasn’t had enough minutes but I definitely think there is a top quality player in there. He will take that division by storm IMO and we bring back a developed, PL ready midfielder for next season.

Good player.

Needs football in a World Cup year.

Hasn’t really had many opportunities IMO.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Was Chelsea at home his last game? Was absolutely superb in that.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Never allowed to play a settled position, if at all. There's a very decent player in there. Hopefully will kick on.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Back in the day when you weren't allowed 9 subs he'd be essential to the matchday squad. see also Arsenal loaning out Ashley Maitland-Niles.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Good player.

Needs football in a World Cup year.

Hasn’t really had many opportunities IMO.

Columbia aren’t going to the World Cup.
Has over 50 appearances for Brighton

Sinister Melon

Jun 15, 2022
Think this will be good for him. Did t he go straight from a league 2 loan to the premier League? That's a massive step up (especially with sporadic game time), and he'd probably be a much better player currently if he'd had a championship loan in either or both of the last 2 seasons

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
I've seen a decent amount of gilmour and a decent amount of alzate and I'd take alzate every time. Buy hey ho, i suppose i don't know it all

Sent from my M2101K9G using Tapatalk

lhughes

Nov 27, 2012
Toronto, Canada
Feel a little concerned that he didn't get the loan to WBA completed now that Gilmour has been added.

Always thought he's done pretty well when played & deserved more game time. Likely to get even less game time now?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Did the loan to WBA actually happen or has it fallen through ? ???

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Rough one for Alzate if indeed deal didn’t get done in time

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Columbia aren’t going to the World Cup.
Has over 50 appearances for Brighton

Hadn’t realised they didn’t qualify.

Not sure the relevance of the 50 appearances? As the need for football would have been to make the squad for Qatar, however, I remain disappointed he’s out on loan,(if it happened)

Also sorry Zac Emmerson departing.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
I've seen a decent amount of gilmour and a decent amount of alzate and I'd take alzate every time. Buy hey ho, i suppose i don't know it all

Maybe it was more about what went on off the pitch than on it. Alzate's first team appearances seem to have tailed right off last season, and l'm wondering why that was.

As you quite rightly say, we don't know it all.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Have today where I am.
Obviously, Gilmour deserves a chance and could be outstanding, but cover wise not an improvement IMO.

Maybe it was more about what went on off the pitch than on it. Alzate's first team appearances seem to have tailed right off last season, and l'm wondering why that was.

As you quite rightly say, we don't know it all.

Well quite.
Perhaps Alzate wanted a period away playing.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here