Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alzate

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Is that an impromptu Who cover band?

No - just couldn’t think of Bachman Turner Overdrive……..l had to Google the song title.

It’s my age. I myself am a seriously grumpy old g1t.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Got a funny feeling that Alzate is going to be immense for us next season. Excellent player.

He is an excellent player, neat and tidy etc., but makes about as much difference to our team as Jack Wilshire did in his teams before he was found out. Neat and tidy with 10 yd passes makes bugger all difference to teams who play our style of football. Potter seems to like him too, but honestly what's his best position? I think he'll be a bench warmer at best.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I am me and only have one account. Some seriously grumpy old members around here - hopefully the typical vocal minority.

in the world of the virtual NSC pub you have just been refused service and requested to vacate the premises , the old timers are tutting and shaking their heads and the younger lads are waving and singing cheerio cheerio cheerio in unison.

American Seagle

Jun 14, 2022
in the world of the virtual NSC pub you have just been refused service and requested to vacate the premises , the old timers are tutting and shaking their heads and the younger lads are waving and singing cheerio cheerio cheerio in unison.

What for saying hello? :shrug:

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
He is an excellent player, neat and tidy etc., but makes about as much difference to our team as Jack Wilshire did in his teams before he was found out. Neat and tidy with 10 yd passes makes bugger all difference to teams who play our style of football. Potter seems to like him too, but honestly what's his best position? I think he'll be a bench warmer at best.

He's is one of the best at the club at receiving the ball and playing it in tight situations, which is why Potter likes him. But he can do more than that. The Chelsea home game, in which he played the Bissouma role, shows what he is capable of at his best. Unfortunately he then failed to reach the same level in the next match at Leicester and was hauled off after an hour. That, to me, is the problem - inconsistency. He needs the sort of run of games that Solly March was given late last season.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

I agree with this.
And with NAN. He needs a run of games, one way or the other. And I don’t think he’ll get that. He’s a decent player. But the introduction of the likes of Moder, Moises and Mwepu means we are at a much higher level now, sadly.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
He is a versatile player that rarely makes mistakes but doesn't dominate in a way that makes him a certain starter. Similar to Gross he adds something realiable but there are other players that supporters prefer. A fabulous player to have within the squad

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
He's a technically lovely player. I think there's a bit of Lallana about his game.

You are right on both counts. But current Lallana also struggles to get a start. Now if you mean young Lallana in his prime, well maybe, but Stephen needs to get to a higher level than current Lallana. We already have one of them.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
You are right on both counts. But current Lallana also struggles to get a start. Now if you mean young Lallana in his prime, well maybe, but Stephen needs to get to a higher level than current Lallana. We already have one of them.

That's the question/challenge for him, isn't it? Hopefully he'll be fit for the whole season and we and he will get the chance to see.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
As well as his hair standing out, did anyone else think Alzate looked like he'd bulked up on Saturday? I thought he looked like a real unit.

I'm guessing the days of him playing wing back are in the past and he's going to focus on the central role from now and this is part of that? Hopefully have the similar positive impact it had on Trossard.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
As well as his hair standing out, did anyone else think Alzate looked like he'd bulked up on Saturday? I thought he looked like a real unit.

I'm guessing the days of him playing wing back are in the past and he's going to focus on the central role from now and this is part of that? Hopefully have the similar positive impact it had on Trossard.

Will be interested to see this.

Our fitness coaches do seem very good at building brickshithouses!

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008

Noticed through last season that he had obviously been in the gym a lot. Ive been very impressed with his performances whenever he's had minutes on the pitch. Very underrated player I feel. A stand out game from last year I remember he started the 1-1 home draw with Chelsea and put in an absolutely top centre mid performance.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here