Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alzate

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
You're not the only one to mention it, but I'm pretty sure that White was our deepest defender against Burnley. Anyone got one of those average position diagrams to confirm either way?

White played in the middle of three CBs and as such was our deepest outfield player. He did not play in midfield.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
What’s going on with Alzate, apparently fit but unused sub again yesterday, yet last season was used in 3-4 different positions?
Is he not as fit as we think? Has there been a falling out? I’m concerned the lad will get unsettled if he doesn’t start playing some part on the pitch again soon.

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
What’s going on with Alzate, apparently fit but unused sub again yesterday, yet last season was used in 3-4 different positions?
Is he not as fit as we think? Has there been a falling out? I’m concerned the lad will get unsettled if he doesn’t start playing some part on the pitch again soon.

Who are you dropping for him though? It was suggested he got COVID wasn’t it ? Plus he had a big operation so who knows what impact they’ve had

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I know it’s the norm but sometimes our club - and I suppose most others - don’t give you all the details on players physical fitness.......... or there general moods (Maupay) emough.... I understand but it’s frustrating.

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne
I don't see the big deal with him, yeah he's alright, he also has so much potential. But i still think he's not as good as Gross or Bissouma or Lallana.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017
In the games he has played he made mistakes some of which led to goals. When he does play he also doesn’t create anything like as much as Gross and clearly he doesn’t displace Bissouma so I don’t see how he gets in the team.

People calling for him at RWB yesterday were never going to see that, with the pace Liverpool have we needed a proper defender in there.

He is young and will come good but doesn’t deserve a place right now.

Badger Boy

Mr Badger
Jan 28, 2016
I think he's been incredibly unlucky. He's been brilliant in the centre of midfield when he's been in the team but he went away on International duty and has been out of the picture ever since. There must be more to it, but Gross has been good in that position and offered us genuine creativity and a set piece taker. It's hard to imagine Bissouma being rotated out of the side so it's a waiting game for Alzate at the moment.

What brilliant squad depth we have whilst the majority of players are fit. It's a genuine challenge to get on the bench and that's how it should be.

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
I’ll post this as a question (because I really don’t want people crawling all over me shouting source? source?). But the question is this, is it at all conceivable that GPott and Alzate have fallen out, and at the root of the issue might be his decision to travel and take up his place in the Colombia squad recently?

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Need him to get more movement in the team by getting the ball moving quickly he is great at doing that but mistakes are inherent in this style.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
I’ll post this as a question (because I really don’t want people crawling all over me shouting source? source?). But the question is this, is it at all conceivable that GPott and Alzate have fallen out, and at the root of the issue might be his decision to travel and take up his place in the Colombia squad recently?

If you're a Premier League manager and you get angry with one of your players going to play for his country, you're probably in the wrong job

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
When someone gives information and accompanies it with ‘I don’t want people crawling all over me asking for a source’

9E801C57-CBE2-4563-BE9E-24A07BB42A8F.gif

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014

why do you keep doing it to yourself? :shrug:

seagullwedgee

Aug 9, 2005
It’s OK, I really don’t mind being panned. I asked it as a question because I didn’t want to provoke or offend anybody. But I have heard from a reliable source that his absence has been due to a fairly serious falling out. I don’t want to upset the apple cart, or offend the player or the boss, but that’s it, in a nutshell. I would love him to be playing, I have found his absence totally baffling, and when I heard this, it all added up. His fast-paced rise like Bissouma was well earned. And he has clearly not been injured. Football is a murky world, and this troubled me.

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
It’s OK, I really don’t mind being panned. I asked it as a question because I didn’t want to provoke or offend anybody. But I have heard from a reliable source that his absence has been due to a fairly serious falling out. I don’t want to upset the apple cart, or offend the player or the boss, but that’s it, in a nutshell. I would love him to be playing, I have found his absence totally baffling, and when I heard this, it all added up. His fast-paced rise like Bissouma was well earned. And he has clearly not been injured. Football is a murky world, and this troubled me.

:ffsparr:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here