Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Alzate and Molumby

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
No. We've not said that. There was a few interviews at the beginning of the season where he was saying 'play me or let me go (on loan)'. We haven't played him.
He seems a very motivated and ambitious boy. He obviously enjoyed his time at Millwall, and loved playing regularly.
We've seen first hand (with Lamptey) that some young footballers will choose playing over the team/level they play at.
Quite possible he is thinking 'i'll go to Millwall and if i play as well as i know i can a Prem team will be in for me within 18 months'.
Hopefully we can get a good loan for him because he has real potential.

I do wonder why the likes of him haven't been given more of a chance, 20 minutes here and there. Our squad is bloated and this is one of the problems caused by that IMHO.

With Moder coming in you'd think he has even less chance this season.

Our squad is incredibly bloated - especially in the centre of midfield. Molumby needs game time, so let's get him out on loan. We'll get the benefit of it next season, either way.

Spot on. Think this has been badly mismanaged, Millwall would've taken him back on another season long loan and the player just wants to play. He's essentially wasted half a season of his career.

elwheelio

Amateur Sleuth
Jan 24, 2006
Brighton
Spot on. Think this has been badly mismanaged, Millwall would've taken him back on another season long loan and the player just wants to play. He's essentially wasted half a season of his career.

Hard to disagree. Mate is a Millwall STH and reckons Molumby is a real favourite there. Was slightly shocked that such a good player can barely get on the bench for us.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020

For me it's a problem. Not a Brighton problem, but a football problem.
The u23s is a bit of a vacuum. It's not good for quality players in their early 20s. 18/19 fine. Foreign players settling in, fine. People coming back from injury, fine.

Sanders and Molumby have played about 3 games all season. It's a vital time in their development. They need to playing.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
For me it's a problem. Not a Brighton problem, but a football problem.
The u23s is a bit of a vacuum. It's not good for quality players in their early 20s. 18/19 fine. Foreign players settling in, fine. People coming back from injury, fine.

Sanders and Molumby have played about 3 games all season. It's a vital time in their development. They need to playing.

Yes agree. Look at Lampety, Chelsea offered him a big contract just to sit on the bench. At the moment it seems like young players only option is to force a move to get regular football. There needs to be a better system, I'm not sure that limiting loans has helped the situation.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
Yes agree. Look at Lampety, Chelsea offered him a big contract just to sit on the bench. At the moment it seems like young players only option is to force a move to get regular football. There needs to be a better system, I'm not sure that limiting loans has helped the situation.

Is exactly the right comparison

We must be prepared that we're going to lose some fine young players, because we can't get them in the team. A loan for the rest of the season and then a proper decision in pre season is what's needed.

He needs to be playing

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden

How is training with PL players five days a week wasting half a season? Sure, I think he would have wanted to play more but he might have improved anyway.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How is training with PL players five days a week wasting half a season? Sure, I think he would have wanted to play more but he might have improved anyway.

NOTHING beats game time imo

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

You never train at full pace.

March experience wins every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Who should or shouldn't play in midfield isn't a big issue. The midfield this season has played numerous teams off the park and kept us in almost all games. Bissouma is quality and I said so the first time I saw him play. He looks like a footballer and will move onto a top side either in England or abroad. The problems with the team are in defending set pieces and converting chances. Potter really has to look at how they defend set pieces and it must change from our next game. If defending set pieces doesn't improve over the next 5 games then this will cost him his job. 13 goals in 17 games from a set piece is not acceptable. After that he also has to coach the forwards we have to have composure in front of goal. They need to practice morning noon and nght until they improve. So for me, I would be looking to find or buy or create a striker and sort out the set piece defending before worrying above the midfield. Whilst I'm on it, Ben White should not be in midfield. He either gets in the team as a centre half or he is dropped. Potter's call.
You're not wrong in the overview, but you need to be a bit better read. Nothing will cost Potter his job this season, including relegation. You may also be disappointed on the striker front too as we don't have £25m to risk on a striker who may be no better than we have already. See Brewster failure at Sheffield Utd for reference although other failed strikers in the £15/30m mark may be seen elsewhere in the Prem.

Danny Wilson Said

May 2, 2020
Palookaville
You're not wrong in the overview, but you need to be a bit better read. Nothing will cost Potter his job this season, including relegation. You may also be disappointed on the striker front too as we don't have £25m to risk on a striker who may be no better than we have already. See Brewster failure at Sheffield Utd for reference although other failed strikers in the £15/30m mark may be seen elsewhere in the Prem.

You can spend over £100m and not get more than we have from Maupay. I give you Philippe Coutinho, 15 goals from 64 games for Barcelona, who create rather more chances than we do.

SEWDONIM

Dec 14, 2020

The reality is though, we are likely to look to Europe for a striker who's statistics match what Potter requires; which is why Zeqiri was signed - obviously a more developmental player, but the methodology will be the same.

There will be a hidden gem out there, remember Ulloa? What a player he was for us.

There's someone, we just need to be certain. What's Poyet up to these days? Could need some dosh, could scout for us.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
You may also be disappointed on the striker front too as we don't have £25m to risk on a striker who may be no better than we have already. See Brewster failure at Sheffield Utd for reference

Has Brewster been a failure at Sheffield United, or have they failed him? Don't think he's getting too many chances...

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath

You can spend over £100m and not get more than we have from Maupay. I give you Philippe Coutinho, 15 goals from 64 games for Barcelona, who create rather more chances than we do.

Doesn't really work like that though.

Managers, systems and styles make footballers better or worse. Coutinho was brilliant for Liverpool but I suspect he's expected to play a different role at Barca.

Look at Pat Bamford's record before Bielsa came to Leeds.

It's about getting the right players for the manager and their system, something which IMHO BHAFC have failed at since we got promoted. I think Hughton and Potter have both been hampered by getting the wrong signings for their system.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here