Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Although It's BISSOUMA They All Seem To Want...

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
I did laugh at that yeah, when he stepped up I said to the daughter this is going in row Z, alas I was wrong, the guy it hit was on the ground for some time :lolol:

Anyone know why the ref whistled for a free kick to Watford straight after Yves hit their player with his rocket? I didn't see a foul from any of our players?

Barnet Seagull

Luxury Player
Jul 14, 2003
Falmer, soon...
So, all BHA specs off, Yves Bissouma v Kalvin Phillips, how do they compare?

Both outstanding defensive midfielders, extremely calm on the ball, break up play, great range of passing, like to burst forward with the ball, both critical to their respective teams, only a few months between them in age. You'd love to have either in your squad, if you're a big 6 side with a need there which one do you target? Can you split them?

Yes.

One can beat the press due to his dribbling. One cant.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

Both outstanding defensive midfielders, extremely calm on the ball, break up play, great range of passing, like to burst forward with the ball, both critical to their respective teams, only a few months between them in age. You'd love to have either in your squad, if you're a big 6 side with a need there which one do you target? Can you split them?

Both excellent players, full of energy. Hard to split.

However, Biss is more likely to play in a Champions League final. That's because we will let him go eventually for another huge fee, whereas Leeds will insist Phillips can reach his potential with them, such are their delusions of grandeur, and they'll end up getting about £20m for him when he's gone off the boil out of bitterness.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012

One’s a home grown player…..

PortuGull

Gooooooooooooooooooooolll
Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina
Anyone know why the ref whistled for a free kick to Watford straight after Yves hit their player with his rocket? I didn't see a foul from any of our players?

Apparently Trossard encroached into the "forbidden" area close to the Watford wall

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill

Good point, quite miffed at that decision..

Apparently Trossard encroached into the "forbidden" area close to the Watford wall

ah, ok.. :thumbsup:

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
giphy.gif

Philips can’t do this

PortuGull

Gooooooooooooooooooooolll
Jul 10, 2011
Brighton Marina
It looked to me like a gap opened and he ran through the wall.

The Brighton 2-man wall had to be a minimum distance from the Watford wall. Trossard ran between the two walls just as the free-kick was being taken, encroaching on that minimum distance requirement (IMO like)

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta

I thought it was due to the ref being in shock as it looked on target? :)

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Of all the players the Reds have been linked with to replace GiniW, Biss is probably the best fit.
Plus, we haven’t spent anything really. If Mbappe leaves PSG for RM this week, I could see an offer coming in.
I’d think £35/40m plus Origi would do it.

How much are you valuing Origi at there?

Given we just sold Ben White for £50m and I think most at BHA would see Biss as FAR more vital to us.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
How much are you valuing Origi at there?

Given we just sold Ben White for £50m and I think most at BHA would see Biss as FAR more vital to us.

Origi is available for about £15m, so add £35 gives us another £50.
Thing is it’s not so bad for Brighton. Origi is a player who needs to be trusted, regularly to score goals. Brighton could also pick up a good DM for reasonable money as they may be prepared to go for an older player 28/30 age. Liverpool will only spend £40/50m on a player up to around 24 so it limits their options…

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Origi is available for about £15m, so add £35 gives us another £50.
Thing is it’s not so bad for Brighton. Origi is a player who needs to be trusted, regularly to score goals. Brighton could also pick up a good DM for reasonable money as they may be prepared to go for an older player 28/30 age. Liverpool will only spend £40/50m on a player up to around 24 so it limits their options…

My expectation is that Bissouma would like to go to the continent to play his prime years in Spain or Italy, and would be prepared to let his contract run down so those clubs can afford him - unless very clear release clauses in a new contract. I would be surprised if he ties himself to a premier league club, especially one in the North, for five years. Perhaps only London would satisfy him but Chelsea are the only club there that can offer regular CL football and the one club who definitely don't have a place for him.

But he's such a perfect fit for a team like Barca or Milan - and in one year his performances will hopefully have justified any interest those clubs have, and also he will also become affordable to them. That's what I reckon, 20-30m to a top European side in summer 2022.

Southern Scouse

Jul 21, 2011
My expectation is that Bissouma would like to go to the continent to play his prime years in Spain or Italy, and would be prepared to let his contract run down so those clubs can afford him - unless very clear release clauses in a new contract. I would be surprised if he ties himself to a premier league club, especially one in the North, for five years. Perhaps only London would satisfy him but Chelsea are the only club there that can offer regular CL football and the one club who definitely don't have a place for him.

But he's such a perfect fit for a team like Barca or Milan - and in one year his performances will hopefully have justified any interest those clubs have, and also he will also become affordable to them. That's what I reckon, 20-30m to a top European side in summer 2022.

So you think he will go next year, to Europe for between £20/£30m?
Probably not….

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
So you think he will go next year, to Europe for between £20/£30m?
Probably not….

I do... He's certainly ambitious... He would certainly be of interest to clubs like Liverpool.... If he wanted to move there he could certainly engineer a move with only two years left on contract... They're would certainly be paper talk and rumours of moves even if they didn't come to fruition.... We certainly all expected it.

But nothing at all this summer, not a single rumour worthy of the name. That tells me he doesn't have interest in staying in the premier league. I think its one more year, raise his profile sky high, and with one year left on contact get a cut price move to the continent. Plus, if you look at his fashion sense on his twitter, down on the Med is where he belongs!

I won't begrudge him it at all, I just hope we can get an extended contract with the right clauses in that ensures we get a decent return. 20/30 next summer is probably minimum, considering its for free a year later.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
He did. It was under the wall.

So can you or anyone think of any other direct free kicks we've scored since we've been in the PL? I have a memory of Gross getting one in his first season, though can't remember who against.

We must have scored more than two

Disappointed that Lallana and Trossaed don't have it in their locker. Mac Allister looks for all the world like he should be able to curl one in. I reckon Connolly would be great at it but he'll be down the pecking order. But if none of them can let's go back to March. This wellying it at the wall thing is weird. It's almost like Potter with all his tactical nous has just given direct free kicks a pass, strange one.

Or maybe we just haven't got to that part of the lesson yet , to be honest with the way he's solved or solving every other problem he's been presented with I shouldn't doubt him!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here