[Albion] Alternative history

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Storer and Reinelt chances in 1997 fall to Neal Maupay. Do we stay in the League?

• Yes

Votes: 13 38.2%
  • No

Votes: 21 61.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

albionalbino

Nov 1, 2009
West Sussex
Imagine a team languishing at the bottom of league two signing a striker who regularly starts PL matches and top scorer at his club.
Let's be honest Reinault and Storer weren't great players even at that level but they did both score two very important goals.
We were an awful side then and Maupay would have smashed that division.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
It's typical of NSC to always look at the negative side of things in a thread that maybe or maybe not aimed at a players period of not scoring.
I always try to look at things humorously, never to demean, whatever the case :)

I admire your positivity.

I think I'd share it if I hadn't been worn down by all the other negative threads - potter in/out, how many points dropped?, player x- what is he for etc etc.

I miss the good old days when we could put a player up for sale and the said player would come on here and become a legend...

MTSeagulls

Sep 18, 2019
Sadly I don't think it is a strange question. Not on NSC anymore, anyway. It's emblematic of the depths this once great website has sunk to in recent times. I really hope it's just a consequence of covid-19 and its lock downs and the stresses and the strains its put everyone under but this place has become an increasingly, negative, bitter, argumentative and divided website. Everything is polarised and so many threads are seemingly designed to stoke that polarisation.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Times have changed on NSC and not really for the better.
I believe you have been around as long as me on here? I first started using it in 1999 under a different user name.
I may have just turned into a grumpy old man but for many years there were side splittingly funny posts almost on a daily basis if not more. I still read the site several times a day but the humour and general friendliness has been replaced by the type of behaviour you describe.
How many threads in recent times would make Gold for example.
It just seems to be the way of the latter generation of posters.

Codner pharmaceuticals

Jun 17, 2009
Border Country
Ignoring the passive aggressive tone of the op, let’s just be relieved there wasn’t any VAR.

Maskell assaults the goalie and drags him down allowing all of us who were in the North Stand that day to go a bit mental and wonder how many really were in the stadium that day and would history judge us for wearing those really crap free paper caps.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I think you hit the nail on the head. Times have changed on NSC and not really for the better.
I believe you have been around as long as me on here? I first started using it in 1999 under a different user name.
I may have just turned into a grumpy old man but for many years there were side splittingly funny posts almost on a daily basis if not more. I still read the site several times a day but the humour and general friendliness has been replaced by the type of behaviour you describe.
How many threads in recent times would make Gold for example.
It just seems to be the way of the latter generation of posters.

Yeah, late 98 for me. I can't think of any gold worthy recent threads. Apart from maybe the WHC champion of champions...:whistle:

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
If your Auntie had bollox, would she be your Uncle?

And other deeply philosophical and hypothetical questions answered on North Stand Chat.

Plato, eat your heart out.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Yes, because with Maupay in our side that season, neither of those specific results would have mattered.

We were a shit side, at the shitty end of an absolutely shit division. Maupay would have scored about 35 and we'd be top half.

Strange question.

Is the right answer.......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports