Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Almunia for England?

Almunia for England

• Total voters

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
He can play for Engerland next year after not being called up by Spain and having been in England for 4? years.
Almunia.jpg

3Lions.jpg

Would you want him?

I don't see why not although with that hair style...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
if that canadian german can play for england then why not?

gruntage

Jan 14, 2008
Bristol
if he is good enough then yes.

once he gets a British passport he is as English as anyone else.

the fact he is willing to turn his back on his homeland for England (i know its because he won't get picked for spain) should be applauded. one of the best options we'd have.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
He's good but he is NOT English thus shouldnt play for us...
Also it would concern me should we play spain where would his loyalties lie I wonder?

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
Isn't there some voluntary agreement between the home nations that players with no blood ties won't be selected for internationals (this is why Nacho Novo didn't get picked by Scotland). So it will never happen.

Market Porter

Or The Globe
Feb 14, 2008
South Walk
Just one dodgy post on here and we're in for a right-wing/Eurosceptic binfest of epic proportions. If He feels like it and qualifies then why not? Plenty of 'English' would be horrified to play for England and what about the Republic Squads under Jack Charlton, best bit of Mike Bassett film.

We are in Europe, enjoy the ability to pursue your goals wherever it pleases you.

Or we could 'shut the door' and drag our knuckles back to the dark ages.

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
we dont want our national football team turing in to a World XI like the england cricket team

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
...but it is OK for us to have a foreign coach, the two so far hadn't even lived in England prior to their appointment, don't hear anyone calling for them to renounce their nationality and take up a British passport.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Is the right answer.

Is the most arrogant response to an opinion possible. ???

Anyhoo, I voted no, because he's shite. Which he is, compared to Paul Robinson, Robert Green and dare I say it, Dave Jimbo. He is Spanish, he should be proud of being Spanish, and accept that he isn't good enough to get into a team ahead of Casillas :)bowdown:), Reina, Lopez and Valdes.

Market Porter

Or The Globe
Feb 14, 2008
South Walk
And you can trace your ancestry all the way back to when? Who and when was the first 'Englishman?' What is an English person specifically?

You're English if you subscribe to being 'English', not because you were bequeethed it by dint of birth. Your nationality of birth is random but your ethics, personality and beliefs can enable you to become a British citizen.

Britain and therefore England is multi ethnic and multi cultural and has been for the best part of two thousand years. You're ancestors just happened to fetch up here a bit earlier.

Or am I being a little bit precious about all this?

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
...but it is OK for us to have a foreign coach,

No it's not really but it shows how shit the FA are running football in this country when we cant even produce a decent keeper or manager for the national team.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Is the most arrogant response to an opinion possible. ???

Anyhoo, I voted no, because he's shite. Which he is, compared to Paul Robinson, Robert Green and dare I say it, Dave Jimbo. He is Spanish, he should be proud of being Spanish, and accept that he isn't good enough to get into a team ahead of Casillas :)bowdown:), Reina, Lopez and Valdes.

Its not quite as bad as when people give a reply and then say 'Thread closed':mad:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Its not quite as bad as when people give a reply and then say 'Thread closed':mad:

But then they look stupid when someone adds a new post underneath their's :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here