Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Almirón v Estupiñán

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
How often has he played left back?

Last season on transfermarkt shows me he played there twice last season. Once for 37 minutes in the opening game and the other in a 5-1 defeat to Fulham where he picked up a yellow. This season he played 11 minutes against Leeds at home.

Just because he 'can' play left back, doesn't mean he is comfortable there and I am guessing De Zerbi doesn't think so either.
Just the once IIRC. While I get your overall point, it's worth adding that both Gross and March have filled in for a fair few minutes at LB this season when Pervis has been substituted.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I was slightly surprised that he was left at home due to fatigue
He's still very young, and on loan. Pretty sure there will be agreements with Chelsea on how his data looks before deciding if/when/how much he plays and his overall load will be carefully managed. Also seems clear they want him back, so may be less keen on him being pushed too far at this late stage.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Pervis worries me as he is the only player in the squad with no realistic backup option, even on our current thinned down Superleggera version of the squad we can find someone to fill in for basically any other role if required

We do have one realistic backup. Unfortunately it's Solly :down:

• Sad
Reactions: A1X

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
How often has he played left back?

Last season on transfermarkt shows me he played there twice last season. Once for 37 minutes in the opening game and the other in a 5-1 defeat to Fulham where he picked up a yellow. This season he played 11 minutes against Leeds at home.

Just because he 'can' play left back, doesn't mean he is comfortable there and I am guessing De Zerbi doesn't think so either.
Started at LB against Forest Green Rovers in the League Cup

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here