Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Allegation of trouble from Littlehampton Town fans

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
8 posts in and the offended have caused offence by being offended so that more are now offended even though no offence was originally intended.

Please, someone switch the internet off for a day!

Speaking personally, I’m not offended in the slightest. I just think we have got a Dirty fan spouting homophobic slurs about Brighton on an Albion forum. Accordingly, I’ve told him he’s on very thin ice. :shrug:

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
just wondering if any Whitehawk fans on here can add some perspective to the Littlehampton account of things or even Littlehampton fans?. Homophobia Its not acceptable. I acknowledge the report speaks of allegations.

There you have re-written as I said no offense intended.

The post was not so much nuanced but directly implied that anyone suggesting gay people live in Brighton was a slur in itself and the city has been "tarnished" by such an allegation.

However posting "homophobia is not acceptable" is clearly not nuanced and thank you for clarifying your position, as long as you understand what homophobia actually means because your original post was unequivocally homophobic.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Maybe, maybe not. The phrase he chose to use is not quoted in the article he cited. So he’s either made it up or was at the game and is reporting first hand. Given he makes no reference to being at the game, I’m going with he made up the specific phrase. Which is both revealing and, I’m afraid to say, unsurprising to me.

Right. OK. You have the moderator data, so it's your call, of course.

(sound of HWT scuttling off to avoid feeling his own collar felt :eek:)

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Who decides when the city is “full” of gays? What is the quota? I think we could squeeze a few more in.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
As a regular visitor to The Sportsfield, I've said my piece on this in the Non-League thread. There's been a lot of boundary-pushing behaviour by LA fans over the past year or so, but much of it has been blown out of proportion and is confined to a very small group of fans. I think the statement released by the committee today was a fair reflection of what has happened over the past few days; they are having to cope with something completely foreign to a club which, until 18 months ago, was used to dealing with very sedate crowds of around 100.

I encountered, and posted, about the group I think you mean last season. They were on a train back to LA after a Brighton game. They chose to parade around Brighton Station singing non stop and confronting people on their own. Then when the queue was let on to the trains there was a choice of trains on platforms 1 and 2, the train on 2 was going first and the Brighton fans all got on that. These Littlehampton Ultras chose to take the other train but hung around just outside the doors smoking on the platform and generally being dicks. They looked about 18 years old at most and like most "yoof" more interested in posturing than anything else.

Back in the day, as has been said by others, they'd be Brighton fans. Brighton has a long tradition of having a decent following from LA including some of the dodgier areas of it like Wick. You could rely on them going home and away.

With the gentrification, sterilisation and cost of Premier League football it's not a surprise that places like Littlehampton, Worthing and Bognor are now all getting their own little Ultra crews instead of these kids following Brighton or Pompey. You reap what you sow.

As for the OP [MENTION=42768]pure_white[/MENTION] I asked a while ago for you to explain your user name, which you never have, Interesting. I can only reiterate what my fellow mod has said on this thread. We're watching you.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
There's been a lot of boundary-pushing behaviour by LA fans over the past year or so, but much of it has been blown out of proportion and is confined to a very small group of fans.

I think this group pushed the boundary a little too far at Faversham Town FC, so far the pitch boundary fell down in two different areas. :rolleyes::thumbsup:

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
https://www.pitchero.com/clubs/littlehamptontown/news/club-statement-2721722.html just wondering if any Whitehawk fans on here can add some perspective to the Littlehampton account of things or even Littlehampton fans? What is disturbing to me is the tarnish of a brush once again about our City full of gays. Its not acceptable. I acknowledge the report speaks of allegations.

That statement says nothing happened at Faversham and at Whitehawk there was one offensive song and a handful of people ejected from the ground :shrug: Littlehampton FC have asked people not to speculate on social media. What’s your angle ?

Roadrunner

Oct 2, 2003
Littlehampton
West Beach is nice, the rest is a shitehole, apart from Fred’s.

Very easy/lazy to snipe at LA when you are in "Ash Green - Surrey / Hampshire Borders", but there are plenty of nice parts of town if you know where to look. Yes, it has its bad areas and some dodgy characters, but most places (especially along the south coast corridor) are no different. I've lived here nearly 50 years and have had ample opportunity to move away, but I prefer to stay. It's an unpretentious, working-class town which has suffered from decades of underinvestment by central government, who presume that the entire south-east must be awash with money.

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
C9189C46-8969-4A97-8177-F151F28A7F1A.jpeg

:lolol:

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
Very easy/lazy to snipe at LA when you are in "Ash Green - Surrey / Hampshire Borders", but there are plenty of nice parts of town if you know where to look. Yes, it has its bad areas and some dodgy characters, but most places (especially along the south coast corridor) are no different. I've lived here nearly 50 years and have had ample opportunity to move away, but I prefer to stay. It's an unpretentious, working-class town which has suffered from decades of underinvestment by central government, who presume that the entire south-east must be awash with money.

I quite like the town…..it’s like Newhaven with a funfair :whistle:

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003

Apologies, no offence intended. I agree it was a pretty generalised statement, but made in jest rather than fact.

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
8 posts in and the offended have caused offence by being offended so that more are now offended even though no offence was originally intended.

its very easy to take offence over inconsequential things, and some look to be offended. As a gay man I think I have pretty thick skin (ive needed it) and usually am not offended by most of the childish drivel that some get their knickers in a twist about. I took another look today, to see if I had perhaps been a bit harsh in my assessment of the OP, it was late evening, hard day etc. However on re reading it, the post basically says having gay people in Brighton somehow tarnishes the town, and I felt, and still do, that that point needed addressing, it seems a fair few others agree

It is a discussion forum and yes, some can get professionally offended, but on this occasion I think I and others were right to comment on the apparent meaning of the OP-

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade

It's very likely in the opinion of two moderators that offence was very much intended.

its very easy to take offence over inconsequential things, and some look to be offended. As a gay man I think I have pretty thick skin (ive needed it) and usually am not offended by most of the childish drivel that some get their knickers in a twist about. I took another look today, to see if I had perhaps been a bit harsh in my assessment of the OP, it was late evening, hard day etc. However on re reading it, the post basically says having gay people in Brighton somehow tarnishes the town, and I felt, and still do, that that point needed addressing, it seems a fair few others agree

It is a discussion forum and yes, some can get professionally offended, but on this occasion I think I and others were right to comment on the apparent meaning of the OP-

Great post.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex

great poit. Its a working class town and reflects a lot of the UK really. Sussex can be proper snobby cant it. Funny thing is LA isn't even a bad town. Wick has its parts but its hardly moss side. It's a working class town with good working class people. The snobbyness is as bad as any homophobia that's alleged.

I've been to a few LA games , some of the fans push the boundaries but this isnt the queens garden party , this is football which is ( or should be) a working mans release

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here