Allardyce at it again

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Alzheimers

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Mike Phelan should be a worried man as Allardyce seems to be doing all Sir Alex's dirty work for him.

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
Thing is, a then top 8 club - Newcastle United, did hire Fat Sam, and 3 months later he got the sack.

Go figure Allardyce...

All of his teams play attrocious hoof the ball football which are degrading to the Premiership and certainly not wanted in our national team

I was looking at statistics whilst 'Big Sam' was at Newcastle and I was amazed to find out that whilst he was there they made the BEST start to a premier season since Robson's second year. Why he got fired was nothing to do with the results he was getting but because he failed to win over the fans with his direct approach and he was never the choice of incoming chairman Mike Ashley.

I really don't like the way he sets up his teams but with what he said in that article is about right.

Again, at Newcastle, they had to take two team photos - One for the players and one for the coaching staff as he takes twenty odd backroom staff with him everywhere. Each with their own specific speciality, be it Sports scientists, Physiologists etc etc.

He has a proven track record of being able to keep players fit and injury free, which was one of the major reasons he was initially appointed by Shepherd.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I was looking at statistics whilst 'Big Sam' was at Newcastle and I was amazed to find out that whilst he was there they made the BEST start to a premier season since Robson's second year. Why he got fired was nothing to do with the results he was getting but because he failed to win over the fans with his direct approach and he was never the choice of incoming chairman Mike Ashley.

I really don't like the way he sets up his teams but with what he said in that article is about right.

Again, at Newcastle, they had to take two team photos - One for the players and one for the coaching staff as he takes twenty odd backroom staff with him everywhere. Each with their own specific speciality, be it Sports scientists, Physiologists etc etc.

He has a proven track record of being able to keep players fit and injury free, which was one of the major reasons he was initially appointed by Shepherd.

Agreed. He has a quality record at all the clubs he's managed and I see no reason why he wouldn't cope with a top, top managerial job.

Big Sam :bowdown:

Sep 30, 2006
Up in the Gods
He's the Lord of Anti-Football. All that nonesense about "scientific approaches" to the game, his little earphone etc is just a smoke screen. Hoofball and bullying tactics always at the fore. Thinking of his teams is just depressing. Their goal on Saturday was a disgrace.

Cloughie

Jun 7, 2009
He's the Lord of Anti-Football. All that nonesense about "scientific approaches" to the game, his little earphone etc is just a smoke screen. Hoofball and bullying tactics always at the fore. Thinking of his teams is just depressing. Their goal on Saturday was a disgrace.

You’re quite right about the goal - totally unnecessary.

But if you think it is a myth that he uses the latest in science and technology then I’m afraid you really don’t know much about his methods. The very fact he got David Dunn to play in as many games as he did last season was an accomplishment in itself and testament to the hard word that his people do behind the scenes.

His comments regarding Madrid and Wenger were ridiculous. He must have had a really bad day…..

I want this noted that I NEVER wish to see him as England manager. Our nation’s footballing reputation would be permanently destroyed.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
You’re quite right about the goal - totally unnecessary.

But if you think it is a myth that he uses the latest in science and technology then I’m afraid you really don’t know much about his methods. The very fact he got David Dunn to play in as many games as he did last season was an accomplishment in itself and testament to the hard word that his people do behind the scenes.

His comments regarding Madrid and Wenger were ridiculous. He must have had a really bad day…..

I want this noted that I NEVER wish to see him as England manager. Our nation’s footballing reputation would be permanently destroyed.

This sums it up perfectly.

He's a perfectly effective manager, his record is excellent. But I'd hate to watch his teams every week.

And he should never become England manager - it would be like appointing Don Revie in preference to Brian Clough all over again.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Agreed. He has a quality record at all the clubs he's managed and I see no reason why he wouldn't cope with a top, top managerial job.

Big Sam :bowdown:

Newcastle?
P24 W6 D8 L10

Blackburn?
P 77 W 27 D 23 L 27

Give him the England job.

It's not as if he did a Roy Hodgson and turned a relegation battling team into a Europa League team is it? He turned a top 10 team into relegation fodder and an average Blackburn team into, well, an average team..

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
Mick Macarthy and big sam can both f*** off. There football would have been great 20 years ago but in this day and age is not welcome in the premiership. Dinosaurs the pair of them.

Kenneth Wattle

Aug 31, 2007
The Real Madrid squad wouldn't understand anything that comes out of his walrus mouth.

If anyone is considering promoting Fat Sam or Mick McCarthy to England manager, then we may as well put old school hoofball experts like Barry Fry in the frame as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here