Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] All This Talk About Our Youngsters . . .

SockMonster

Oct 12, 2007
Brighton
I think we are gonna see Taylor in and around the 18 a fair bit. Other possibles maybe Baluta and Alzate. It looks like he is going for 4-2-3-1.
At the moment the back 4 pick themselves. The defensive midfielders will probably be Stephens and Propper with Baluta as an outside bet and then Bissouma maybe coming in when fit.
The attacking three midfielders as things stand look likely to be Gross Trossard and one other from Locadia, AJ, March and perhaps Taylor and then later Izzy. Actually when you look at you can begin to see why Knocky went. That's 7 players covering 3 positions.
Up front its the usual suspects until we sign someone else.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Alzate for me - he's the one who'll surprise a few.

He's not making the giant leap from U23 football to the PL either - he's had a very good season in 'grown up' football, admittedly only at League 2 level, but he was a star performer at Swindon. So, not as raw as all that ..............................

gordycom

Mar 17, 2013
Brighton
Richards and Alzate. Connolly if he doesn't go on loan. Richards especially. If Potter gives them game time it could end up a fantastic season as they play without fear. Part of me thinks it could be a Hypia style car crash but if it isn't then just imagine!!

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
Alzate seems to be the one that has impressed the new manager most since his arrival and would not be surprised to see him in the 18 against Watford together with Baluta. Our midfield from last year have to really up their game if they want keep their places in the starting line up. Potter will want more pace in the side and both these two youngsters look as if they can pick a pass of more than 10 yards which seemed impossible last year.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Was really impressed with both Tudor Baluta, who I think can grab his chance this season and Haydn Roberts who is one for the future.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
It’s the only way to go, we’d all rather see TB paid back a large portion of his loan, even if that meant relegation.

Better that, than spend large sums on a player or two or three this summer, and face financial armageddon next summer (Villa, Newcastle, Leicester and West Ham).

I'm sure Tony would be quite happy to wait for his money rather than suffer relegation! Lets face it how many owners/investors go into this business expecting to make money or even get their investment back, especially in the short term?

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Richards and Alzate. Connolly if he doesn't go on loan. Richards especially. If Potter gives them game time it could end up a fantastic season as they play without fear. Part of me thinks it could be a Hypia style car crash but if it isn't then just imagine!!

I admire your optimism.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Bissouma is the most obvious but possible he'll be overtaken by Baluta or even Richards... - but its attritional in the middle of the park and wouldn't be surprised to see one of them playing a lot. And maytbe a striker will get 10 minutes here or there and if he takes his chance....

I know very little of Alzate, whats his position?

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Bissouma is the most obvious but possible he'll be overtaken by Baluta or even Richards... - but its attritional in the middle of the park and wouldn't be surprised to see one of them playing a lot. And maytbe a striker will get 10 minutes here or there and if he takes his chance....

I know very little of Alzate, whats his position?

At Orient he played on either wing, we seem to prefer him CM. He's a great prospect.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
Haydon Roberts 17 year old, who can play at the back or in midfield. Always seems to have time on the ball, composed with a good range of passes off either foot - one for the future I think.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here