Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

All Things Bennetts Field Car Park - including club statement (merged threads)

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Getting out of the Disabled Parking Spaces at the ground was a nightmare, especially sitting in a wheelchair in the back of my adapted van. For this reason I haven't renewed my wheelchair season ticket for 2012/13. The first game we burnt the clutch out on my Fiat adapted van waiting nearly 2 hours to get out of the car-park, this cost £700 to have repaired. So that, the season ticket and the cost of the parking made it an expensive season. I'll go back to listening to the matches on BBC radio Sussex from the comfort of my home. Shame as the stadium is wonderful :(

Sorry, not too well versed on this but aren't there other ways than parking at stadium, supporters coach or cab for instance? Seems a shame to give up on it

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Sorry, not too well versed on this but aren't there other ways than parking at stadium, supporters coach or cab for instance? Seems a shame to give up on it

There are other blue badge parking areas too, with a shuttle bus that runs to the ground.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
It did improve largely, with the exception of the last evening game, which was utter carnage.

The story of the chap above really is a great pity, but like anyone else, there is no COMPULSION to return straight to your car and suffer the battle to exit the car park. Everyone has the option of simply enjoying a coffe or a pint while they read the program, or watch the football scores, and then simply driving out of the empty car park, an hour after the game.

Indeed it is a pity.

I think perhaps some people were under the impression that at 5pm they'd be in their cars and filing smoothly out onto the A27, when that was never, ever going to be the case (and isn't the case at any other stadium carparks, certainly ones coping with crowds MUCH less than 20k…Yeovil anyone ?).

Hanging back for a drink is the solution. You won’t get away any quicker, but at least you'll dodge a stressful situation.

Getting out of the Disabled Parking Spaces at the ground was a nightmare, especially sitting in a wheelchair in the back of my adapted van. For this reason I haven't renewed my wheelchair season ticket for 2012/13. The first game we burnt the clutch out on my Fiat adapted van waiting nearly 2 hours to get out of the car-park, this cost £700 to have repaired. So that, the season ticket and the cost of the parking made it an expensive season. I'll go back to listening to the matches on BBC radio Sussex from the comfort of my home. Shame as the stadium is wonderful :(

Sorry to hear this but there are other parking options than Bennett's Field for disabled attendees, even more so this season. Where none of them suitable or did you not realise?

Car Park 5 at the University of Sussex (the one closest to the tunnel) is, according to the stadium extension planning application, going to be designated a car park for disabled fans only (91 spaces). There is a free mini-bus service from CP5 to the ground and this will accomodate your wheelchair and helper(s). There is also some disabled parking in the new C/P adjacent to the Aldridge (Falmer) Academy and transport to/from the ground will be provided - tbh I don't know what this will comprise atm.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Car Park 5 at the University of Sussex (the one closest to the tunnel) is, according to the stadium extension planning application, going to be designated a car park for disabled fans only (91 spaces). There is a free mini-bus service from CP5 to the ground and this will accomodate your wheelchair and helper(s). There is also some disabled parking in the new C/P adjacent to the Aldridge (Falmer) Academy and transport to/from the ground will be provided - tbh I don't know what this will comprise atm.

So with the disabled parking spaces in BF (46), this now makes it 137, what is the prescribed number required? Hopefully (surely) they will now have the correct amount now, is it meant ot be 6% of the overall car park capacity?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here