All They Need Is A Scan.....1/2 Marathon Run

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ralphingtonpuss

May 27, 2010
Nottingham
Hi all, I am running a 1/2 marathon on the 30th Sept to raise money for the Children's Brain Tumour Research Centre (CBTRC). I am doing this for my son Sam White (aged 15) who has been fighting a brain tumour since March 2009. It did go, but unfortunately returned earlier this year and Sam is now recieving treatment in Belgium, without getting carried away the treatment is going as well as can be expected so far. When Sam first fell ill he was given only one hour to live.....yes he is strong!!! Due to research and experimental drugs Sam has got this far and it has enabled him to do a few things since the start of his continued battle, he has :-

1. Lobbied MPs at the Houses of Parliament to sign a manifesto for early recognition of brain tumours in children aged 13.
2. Held a question and answer session at an NUT conference in London, this was about children with cancer returning into secondary education ( very few do!!! ) aged 13
3. Spoken at the European Parliament in Brussels about research into childrens brain tumours ( research is only done concerning adults, not kids ) aged 14.
4. 5 weeks after a life saving brain op he walked 5k to raise money for Cancer Research aged 12.
5. Abseiled 90 feet to raise money for Clic Sargent aged 15.
6. Carried the Olympic Torch on the 28th June aged 15.
7. Continues to be Sam, and an ambassador for the awareness of cancer and brain tumours and the fight against these.
8. He is hoping to help bring the treatment, he is recieving in Belgium, over here to the UK.

If you look at this video you will meet Sam and see for yourselves ( 10 mins is all you need to spare ). If you have time it is Jimmyteens.tv----then search----All They Need Is A Scan.

The main purpose of this though is to ask as many of you that can, would you be able to sponsor me? This can be done at Michael White is fundraising for University of Nottingham - Childrens Brain Tumour Research. You can donate on page or text BNOQ59 and amount e.g £1.oo to 70070.

Thanks for reading this and let's hope we have another good season in the championship.....Up the Albion.

Last edited:

Ralphingtonpuss

May 27, 2010
Nottingham
I ran 15k this morning in preparation for the race in 4 weeks time, anyone can still help and donate to a great cause by texting amount and code BNOQ59 to 70070, cheers :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports