Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] All them lovely Japanese fans in the east lower…

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I’m more concerned about what logistical nonsense the police and stewards will dream up this season. I so enjoyed the police made crush outside the east after the match last season.
The club maybe PL the OB are league 1 at best when it comes to Palace.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
I was having a chat with one Japanese guy in the concourse. He have flown over the day before and going back the day after. Mental!
I assumed most were Japanese living in the UK
That would be some collection of air miles over a season and possibly a quicker trip than my Southern fail train back to London 😂

el punal

It's wonderful that they are here and enjoying coming to our city and watching our club. I hope they feel very welcome.

I'm sure the amount they are spending in not that huge in PL income terms, but I doubt Barber will be complaining.
I was on the London train back to my daughter’s after the Fulham game. There was a bunch of Japanese fans on board decked out in all the Albion gear holding a Japan flag. I just did my Mitoma song and they joined in - they couldn’t speak English but just pointed to our badge shouting “Brigh-ton!” Great scenes.

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
I was on the London train back to my daughter’s after the Fulham game. There was a bunch of Japanese fans on board decked out in all the Albion gear holding a Japan flag. I just did my Mitoma song and they joined in - they couldn’t speak English but just pointed to our badge shouting “Brigh-ton!” Great scenes.
Bless 'em ! I remember the late Clive James and the segment he used to show from the most recent episode of " Endurance " on Japanese TV.. getting in and out of the UK and Brighton and having a pie and Harvey's must be right up there with the horrors they had to play out on TV then. .

..seriously though, Mitoma seems a much loved team player and his success here will be noted in Japan and there may well be others that want to follow in his footsteps. We might need to have a regular open day out there or employ a permanent scout in Japan.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Did he mention what it was like in there as we kept scoring?
Its quite enthusiastic, but to be fair there can be a few games going on at the same time, but one corner is assigned for just Albion games as other areas are for other clubs.
Been there a few time myself and seen a few Albion games in there.
hudson.jpg

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Its quite enthusiastic, but to be fair there can be a few games going on at the same time, but one corner is assigned for just Albion games as other areas are for other clubs.
Been there a few time myself and seen a few Albion games in there.View attachment 157955
From Priestfield to Chicago …. incredible :lolol: :ascarf:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Bless 'em ! I remember the late Clive James and the segment he used to show from the most recent episode of " Endurance " on Japanese TV.. getting in and out of the UK and Brighton and having a pie and Harvey's must be right up there with the horrors they had to play out on TV then. .

..seriously though, Mitoma seems a much loved team player and his success here will be noted in Japan and there may well be others that want to follow in his footsteps. We might need to have a regular open day out there or employ a permanent scout in Japan.
Calling @Mental Lental

Klaas

I've changed this
Nov 1, 2017
Video unavailable in the UK sadly.
Oh really? Oh well, it's all in Japanese. He chats with a former player about the club and town (says the seagulls are very noisy) and there are some underwhelming shots of Brighton the crew have taken. Then there are a few interviews with fans saying how good they think he is, and a rendition of his song, which, he looks genuinely chuffed by.

A few screen shots incase anyone recognises themselves:

mitoma.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here